Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

12 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That looks horrible.  McCarthy and Wiig are both cool but they seem mis-cast here.  

This....they're having Wiig and McCarthy play it straight. That's not going to work. This thing looks like a hot mess, but all the people who thought Bridesmaids was funny are going to like this...

I personally can't stand Wiig.  I don't mind McCarthy in most of her movies.  But 17 is right, Kate looks like the champ in this movie.

I'm just waiting for an outcry from the black community that the only black character isn't one of the smart ones (and in this case they wouldn't be wrong).  Something that kind of screamed out to me as soon as I saw it in the trailer.

of the 4 of them, i agree Kate McKinnon is the only one i find funny. Leslie Jones only ever plays an angry black lady on SNL, and wiigs best days are behind her and that was on SNL. though i didnt mind her in the movie Paul. Im absolutely no fan of McCarthy.  I dont like Mike and Molly, and her movies like Tammy and spy kinda blew. If they were looking for a bigger set woman, id have gone with Jillian Bell (22 jump street, Idiotsitter) or her doppleganger Rebel Wilson

this is by far one of the best SNL skits ive seen in a few years

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

I watched about  half of trainwreck, but i had to go out and never got around to finishing it.  it was alright from what i watched, I like that John Cena is taking different roles other then stuff like the marine and 12 rounds,  like his spot role in sisters as well.

I'm not really a fan of amy schumer tho, i think she thinks shes a lot hotter then she actually is

I can't stand Amy Schumer.  She just all of a sudden showed up out of nowhere acting stupid.

I also can't stand Rebel Wilson.  I find her completely gross.  I'll take McCarthy over her any day.  That being said, there's a few movies I don't mind Rebel in...but I still find annoying as hell.

Edited by Logan007

I liked Trainwreck. And I love Amy Schumer. She didn't show up all of a suddenly. She's been around for awhile working her way up. She did a bunch of those comedy central roasts. 

i don't think she thinks she's hotter than she is but I do think she's acxepting the fact that many people find her attractive and as a "heavier" woman she's cool with that. I think she's hot. Her personality and talent is very attractive. 

Little known fact - she used to date Dolph Ziggler.

I hated Man of Steel. And not just the ending. I thought it was boring and over complicated superman and his kryptonian heritage for no reason.  

Ghostbusters preview ....  I liked the look of the ghosts and the special effects.   Not a fan of Wiig at all,  I don't see how anyone can find her entertaining?    I think the movie will bust hardcore which is a shame because Ghostbusters is a franchise that could of done well.

Trainwreck .. first 20 minutes was funny the rest was snooze worthy.   I used to find Amy Schumer hilarious until that video that exposed her for stealing a tonne of jokes from other comedians.   That was disappointing to see.

I don't give two shits one way or another about Amy Schumer, but Bill Hader is fantastic in everything, and Vanessa Bayer is really funny, too. Trainwreck was a passable RomCom. If you had to sit through one, that wasn't too bad.

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Ghostbusters preview ....  I liked the look of the ghosts and the special effects.   Not a fan of Wiig at all,  I don't see how anyone can find her entertaining?    I think the movie will bust hardcore which is a shame because Ghostbusters is a franchise that could of done well.

Trainwreck .. first 20 minutes was funny the rest was snooze worthy.   I used to find Amy Schumer hilarious until that video that exposed her for stealing a tonne of jokes from other comedians.   That was disappointing to see.

Her jokes aren't funny since you found out they came from other people?  (Allegedly). 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't give two shits one way or another about Amy Schumer, but Bill Hader is fantastic in everything, and Vanessa Bayer is really funny, too. Trainwreck was a passable RomCom. If you had to sit through one, that wasn't too bad.

Love Bill Hader.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Her jokes aren't funny since you found out they came from other people?  (Allegedly). 

I may have posted the video on the random video thread... if not I'll do so when I get home from work.   It's about 15 minutes long where they show the original joke being performed and then a year or two later Amy Schumer copies the joke sometimes word for word.   Also it provides some backstory since she toured and started for some of the comedians that she ripped off.   After watching the video it's undeniable that she is a joke stealer like Carlos Mencia. 

I find the jokes still funny... I just am no longer a fan of hers.

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I may have posted the video on the random video thread... if not I'll do so when I get home from work.   It's about 15 minutes long where they show the original joke being performed and then a year or two later Amy Schumer copies the joke sometimes word for word.   Also it provides some backstory since she toured and started for some of the comedians that she ripped off.   After watching the video it's undeniable that she is a joke stealer like Carlos Mencia. 

I find the jokes still funny... I just am no longer a fan of hers.

I was just reading up on this and in fact it's not undeniable at all.  There are similar premises in comedy all the time. Some a awfully close I grant that but as others have pointed out the issue might be mlre her writers on her show than her. 

The food slap one was shown to hve been a premise on the Flintstones so the comedian saying any stole it from her, it wasn't even an original premise to begin with. 

and if you start hunting you'll find stuff like that all the time. Imagine how many comedians are out there. Nothing is original.  Zero evidence Amy stole. So I'm on her side. 

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I was just reading up on this and in fact it's not undeniable at all.  There are similar premises in comedy all the time. Some a awfully close I grant that but as others have pointed out the issue might be mlre her writers on her show than her. 

The food slap one was shown to hve been a premise on the Flintstones so the comedian saying any stole it from her, it wasn't even an original premise to begin with. 

and if you start hunting you'll find stuff like that all the time. Imagine how many comedians are out there. Nothing is original.  Zero evidence Amy stole. So I'm on her side. 

Watch this video ,  it's undeniable that she rips off others.   Also the fact that she toured with some of her fellow female comedians and ripped bits from them makes it even worse.

And it's not about hunting down,  she was called out by her peers and put on the spot which only happens when joke stealers like Carlos Mencia,  Dane Cook and Dustin Diamond (lol) get busted for stealing material.  

Edited by Brandon

I don't know man, that's pretty damning evidence right there.  I'm sure she comes up with a lot of material, but most of what's in that video looks obviously stolen.  The scenes in those shots are almost verbatim.  That's not from just "accidentally" coming up with the same material when things are almost word for word or the scenes are almost exactly alike.  Come on.

That being said, after watching this, she's not as bad as I thought she was.  The media makes her like more of a Rosanne Barr type of comedian and she doesn't seem that bad.

Edited by Logan007

The thing is, if she were stealing she'd change more than one or two words.  Again, when we're talking about her shows, she has staff writers so you can discount that any of them took material.  But comedy is a tough thing...there are styles and premises that will be similar with different takes.  I've heard different comedians tell the same joke before.  Im sure it happens all the time.  There are movies that have the same general premise and similar lines or characters.  Why would comedy be different?  There are millions of comedians out there.

This case is a bit different than saying there's millions of comedians out there so there's bound to be similarities.  In this instance, she knows and has worked with some of the other comedians involved so she can't say really she was unaware of their material.  

That being said , one of the comedians who is involved (can't remember which one) is not saying that her material was stolen, but she is saying that Schumer did not come up with it 1st.  So there seems to be some agreement that there will be similar material out there, without it being theft.