Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I liked it more then the original but apparently i was the only one who liked it period.

seemed like such an unnecessary remake, didn't really do anything for the franchise either.  But I guess they needed to change up Johnny cuz chris evans can only appear so much as so many people

Per Latino Review, quoting a Forbes writer, since Affleck dropped out of directing The Batman, the studio is likely scrapping Affleck's script and starting brand new.  Affleck had a script pretty far along to the point it had gone through re-writes and had cast Deathstroke.  Back to the drawing board.

And talk of pushing it back a year and moving Birds of Prey (the Batgirl/Harley Quinn film) up to take its place.

You guys are missing out on the only real important movie news of late........

KEVIN SMITH IS DOING A SEQUEL TO JAY N SILENT BOB STRIKE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

"Jay and Silent Bob Reboot" will see our favourite slacker duo head to Hollywood to try and stop people from rebooting the Bluntman and Chronic movie.

Friggin' can't wait....loved the first one.

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

You guys are missing out on the only real important movie news of late........

KEVIN SMITH IS DOING A SEQUEL TO JAY N SILENT BOB STRIKE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

"Jay and Silent Bob Reboot" will see our favourite slacker duo head to Hollywood to try and stop people from rebooting the Bluntman and Chronic movie.

Friggin' can't wait....loved the first one.

As long as it is not as terrible as Clerks 2..... the first one was absolutely hilarious.  

On 2/9/2017 at 9:38 AM, Logan007 said:

It's getting to the point where I don't even want to hear about DC crap anymore.  It's just so sad.

which considering the source material, and strength of characters they have to work with is just mind boggling.  As a comics fan i was allways more into DC, but the movies have been incredibly one sided. 

15 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

which considering the source material, and strength of characters they have to work with is just mind boggling.  As a comics fan i was allways more into DC, but the movies have been incredibly one sided. 

They made two mistakes that have snow-balled.  1) Decided they needed to catch up to Marvel.  Where Marvel took a slow world-building approach to get to the Avengers, DC skipped everything and went right to the team up.  2) Handed the keys to Zack Snyder.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

They made two mistakes that have snow-balled.  1) Decided they needed to catch up to Marvel.  Where Marvel took a slow world-building approach to get to the Avengers, DC skipped everything and went right to the team up.  2) Handed the keys to Zack Snyder.

Yep. Over crowding the movies has been a major point of suckage. 

25 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yep. Over crowding the movies has been a major point of suckage. 

And I dont get it.  I thought DC had a great opportunity to draw in marvel fans (not fans of Marvel, but the massive amount of people who are fans of those films) who are nostalgic for a simpler time.  And enough time had passed where it wouldnt have seemed like a copycat.  In fact, rushing JLA feels like a copycat.

I would have backed up a Brinks truck to Nolan and Bale to continue and used that Batman universe.  They wanted an "older" Batman.  Affleck is a year older then Bale.  Keep what was working.  Rather then going with Snyder and the Superman universe which was clear to most people that it was inferior. 

Should have had Bruce Wayne as DC's answer to Tony Stark and build it that way.  It was so eye roll-inducing and heavy handed how Batman just became aware of everyone else (because Luthor knows...pffft).

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

And I dont get it.  I thought DC had a great opportunity to draw in marvel fans (not fans of Marvel, but the massive amount of people who are fans of those films) who are nostalgic for a simpler time.  And enough time had passed where it wouldnt have seemed like a copycat.  In fact, rushing JLA feels like a copycat.

I would have backed up a Brinks truck to Nolan and Bale to continue and used that Batman universe.  They wanted an "older" Batman.  Affleck is a year older then Bale.  Keep what was working.  Rather then going with Snyder and the Superman universe which was clear to most people that it was inferior. 

Should have had Bruce Wayne as DC's answer to Tony Stark and build it that way.  It was so eye roll-inducing and heavy handed how Batman just became aware of everyone else (because Luthor knows...pffft).

was not a big fan of Batman Begins or The Dark Knight Rises tbh,  I think the Dark Knight was an exception due to Ledger's performance coupled by his untimely death.

It was however nice that they went with a dark portrayal of Batman vs the crap they'd been spewing out for a long time when it came to batman.

That being said though, with movies like Superman Returns and The Green Lantern being god awful, and batman being on it's death bed prior to the nolan/bale dark knight trilogy, DC has had a way bigger uphill climb reinventing the wheel then marvel when it came to attracting the fans.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Superman Returns was 100 times better than Man of Steel.

was still a pretty bad movie over all though, which is kind of the point, DC on film hasn't been all that great, not saying Marvel has always hit a home run, but over all they've really dropped the ball and had to redo the movies time and again.

I currently like some of the cast they have playing the heros now, Cavill as superman, Affleck as bruce wayne, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman for example, yet to be seen like Ezra Miller as the Flash and Jason Momoa as Aquaman 

I rewatched the reboot of Conan not that long ago and Momoa isn't that great of an actor IMO,  looks great, but given any real dialog and it's cringe worthy.

Looking at the casting on IMDB couple things noted;  Jesse Eisenberg is still listed as Lex Luthor (fart noise)  J.K. Simmons as Commish Gordon, and the villain Steppenwolf is listed, who is related to Darkseid and commands his army,  but no actual casting for Darkseid.  I think that would be a big let down if Darkseid isn't the bad guy in JL... but then again with how bada job they did with doomsday in BvS maybe it's not a bad thing lol

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

was not a big fan of Batman Begins or The Dark Knight Rises tbh,  I think the Dark Knight was an exception due to Ledger's performance coupled by his untimely death.

It was however nice that they went with a dark portrayal of Batman vs the crap they'd been spewing out for a long time when it came to batman.

That being said though, with movies like Superman Returns and The Green Lantern being god awful, and batman being on it's death bed prior to the nolan/bale dark knight trilogy, DC has had a way bigger uphill climb reinventing the wheel then marvel when it came to attracting the fans.

Yeah, ledgers joker handily saves it for me but DKR was not a fan of at all.  It feels like they just wanted to rush into the frank miller story line knowing how epic it was but then half arsed it. They didnt have to keep the nolan verse, I think it would have been safe to move into the more supernatural especially with ras al ghoul. That with the gritty, dark feel of batman vs what we saw prior to batstiffler nolan would have gone a long ways. 

Ehh, idk. fantastic 4, most of the xmen movies, hulk wasnt great, and the majority of comic book / spiderman fans did not like those movies either. And they didnt age or end well. Going into iron man marvel was in a hole. Their approach was to use fantastic casting, and slow methodical story/world building + a fantastic pile of back stories to lure people in. They went candy in a van. DCCU went crazed flasher in a trench coat. 

But DC has certainly dug out of a ton of holes in the past. The comic crash, comic code crack down, batman and robin etc. If they take a breather from the movies, then come back in a couple years with that same awesome casting taking time to tell a few characters stories they could salvage it. But they wont. money money money money!