Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

3 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

http://www.starwars.com/news/han-solo-smuggler-scoundrel-hero-new-star-wars-story-begins

han-solo-begins-tall

Wonder who woody is playing?  I like the Glover pick as Lando,  but based on this pic I don't think I like Ehrenreich as Solo

He's playing Garris Shrike who is Han's mentor.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I'm a big fan of Woody Harrelson and also Han Solo so I am looking forward to this movie.  But I mean, I really, really liked Harrison Ford's Han Solo so this young gentleman has a lot to live up to.

Its going to be really tough.  Its almost not worth even attempting from a creative perspective.  But if it works, it opens up a huge world of "young" films re-casting the original stars.  I think I would have gone with a Post-A New Hope Kenobi adventure first, if only because the fans have already accepted Ewen as Obi Wan.  That has to be next on their agenda, you'd think, especially if there is a way to use Vader as a lead character (creatively, Vader and Obi Wan would not be able to meet, however).

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I'm a big fan of Woody Harrelson and also Han Solo so I am looking forward to this movie.  But I mean, I really, really liked Harrison Ford's Han Solo so this young gentleman has a lot to live up to.

I feel like we're in Captain Kirk - William Shatner - Chris Pine territory here. I'm still not sure how I feel about the whole thing, even though I think Pine has done a good job as an alternate-universe Kirk.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I feel like we're in Captain Kirk - William Shatner - Chris Pine territory here. I'm still not sure how I feel about the whole thing, even though I think Pine has done a good job as an alternate-universe Kirk.

I do like that they've chosen someone who is still relatively unknown rather than casting, say, Ashton Kutcher or Channing Tatum.

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Its going to be really tough.  Its almost not worth even attempting from a creative perspective.  But if it works, it opens up a huge world of "young" films re-casting the original stars.  I think I would have gone with a Post-A New Hope Kenobi adventure first, if only because the fans have already accepted Ewen as Obi Wan.  That has to be next on their agenda, you'd think, especially if there is a way to use Vader as a lead character (creatively, Vader and Obi Wan would not be able to meet, however).

Part of the reason Ewen as Obi Wan worked so well, was the huge age gap of the character. Also, Alec wasn't on screen that much after IV.

Now we've got a scenario where Han will be played during a similar age as Ford initially played him. Within 5-10 years, I think?

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Pine was a really good Kirk. Writing and directing let him down big time.  That shouldn't be the issue with Han. So hopefully the actor can pull it off. 

I wasn't a big fan of Pine's Kirk.  He's ok, but he doesn't scream Kirk to me.

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

i think all in all I'd rather have seen the Solo story between ROTJ and TFA (might still happen). Unless the hook up between Chewie and Han is epic, I don't think I really have a vested interest in seeing the Kessel run.

I'd rather see this  Image result for Solo family

and find out where the magic died

Luke was bad teacher.

I dont think he was a bad teacher persay as it was pointed out by Han in TFA that Snoke got to him and turned him to the dark side.  

Part of the reason I think a Han Solo movie taking place between ROTJ and TFA would be better is it could very well have brought a more proper introduction/back ground on Snoke and what happened with Kylo.  They spent episode I-III building up chancellor Palpatine while focusing on Anakin, and how he rose up to become the emperor, I don't think they have that luxury to do the same with Snoke, so IMO a missed opportunity to tie up several lose ends at once

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

14 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I dont think he was a bad teacher persay as it was pointed out by Han in TFA that Snoke got to him and turned him to the dark side.  

Part of the reason I think a Han Solo movie taking place between ROTJ and TFA would be better is it could very well have brought a more proper introduction/back ground on Snoke and what happened with Kylo.  They spent episode I-III building up chancellor Palpatine while focusing on Anakin, and how he rose up to become the emperor, I don't think they have that luxury to do the same with Snoke, so IMO a missed opportunity to tie up several lose ends at once

I think they are keeping all the back story for the trilogy.  Plus, you'd need to lock of Ford for that film and really, you'd need Fisher at least (or re-cast her which is tough) and people would be angry if there is no Luke.  A Ford-starring film would be good.  But *some* criticism of Rogue One was that it was just filler for A New Hope.  I think it would be hard to avoid that if you focus on Han between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.  Because the story everyone really wants is the Luke Skywalker story...

I strongly suspect we will get a story that focuses on Vader at some point.  Rogue One was re-written to include more Vader.  Young Obi-Wan with Vader works for me.  Although it would be sort of funny if Vader makes a cameo in the Han film too, like he just pops in for a quick scene in all the "young" films.

I think we'll learn a bit about the back story in the trilogy, but they may keep that 30 years in between for books and possibly a new animated/tv series.

I think it was important for Kylo to be turned and to kill off the other Jedi, as I believe it is forcing Luke to look at the ways the Jedi and realize he needs to go back to the old teachings which have more to do with balance.