Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

They're finally making an American sequel to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.  But recasting, which is a shame.  Rooney Mara was tremendous.

Its a bit weird as they're skipping the two sequel novels and going with the 4th novel which wasn't written by the original author, The Girl In The Spider's Web.  From what I understand, the other two books explained the relationship between the two leads.  I guess they want to skip it.

Word is the leading choices to take over the role of Lisbeth are Natalie Portman and Scarlet Johannsson.  Which is odd.  Portman physically resembles the character a lot more than Scarlet.  But given the age of the two I dont see why they dont just keep Rooney Mara.

went and saw Kong: Skull Island tonight, it was pretty good,  worlds better then the Jack Black one.  John C. Reilly was really good in this. Apparently the director wants to make a spin off of the character.

Kind of sad though that the next movie I want to see (and not really all that much) is Fate of the furious in like a month,  followed by Guardians of the galaxy 2 a month after that.  not a whole lot in between unfortunately

Im a little pissed now that i just read there was post credit scene that ties in the godzilla vs kong.  totally walked out as soon as credits were rolling :s

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The Jack Black one was considered a possible nominee for Best Picture.

seriously? I thought that movie was a steaming pile of giant gorilla dung... but then again I'm not a big Black or Adrien Brody fan.  I thought this one was much better though all n all definitely worth checking out

8 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

seriously? I thought that movie was a steaming pile of giant gorilla dung... but then again I'm not a big Black or Adrien Brody fan.  I thought this one was much better though all n all definitely worth checking out

Anything with John C Reilly gets at least a watch from me.  he's hilarious.

11 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Kind of sad though that the next movie I want to see (and not really all that much) is Fate of the furious in like a month,  followed by Guardians of the galaxy 2 a month after that.  not a whole lot in between unfortunately

March 29, 2017

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

39 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

March 29, 2017

I've seen this trailer at all the movies i've seen lately (Logan, The Great Wall and Kong) and I find myself not really interested in this movie. Maybe because I didn't watch or read the origin of it's japanese manga series, but just based off the trailers, I get very skeptical with these robot/AI movies.  

Off the top of my head I wasnt overly impressed with movies like irobot, surrogates, ex-machina, tron legacy to name a few more recent films. Though this does look like it could be a decent 3-D spectacle

17 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

finally watched that resident evil: the final chapter last night.  what a horrible franchise. The games are actually pretty good but they should have stopped making these movies after the first one.  I knew I should have watched XxX: the return of Xander Cage instead lol

Well lets wait for your review of that one first before you damn RE:TFC.

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

Welp, the Live Action version of Disney's Beauty and the Beast is in theaters today, I only have three words for this movie at the moment: please don't suck. I had been looking forward to this since the teaser was released.

Well i think the review in the freep today will be typical of every single one of these remakes.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The geniuses at Paramount have declined their option to make any more Terminator films.

The good news is, the rights to the franchise revert to James Cameron in 2019 and he supposedly is considering a new film.

T2 was one of my fav movies growing up but T3, Salvation and Genisys were pretty crappy... maybe I just related more to a young John Connor in 1992 as I was 10 at the time. That said, I could seriously have done without Genisys and it's jumping back and forth through time altering realities.  Hopefully if Cameron gets back on board, he will pick it up from the end of Salvation, and finally show how John wins the war.

I thought Genisys had potential.  Cameron was very complimentary about it too.  It was a cool idea, going back to eras we've seen.  But I dont think they took full advantage of that. For example, they really needed Robert Patrick's likeness.  And making John bad was stupid.  Plus they never explained why they kept sending more advanced Terminators to different points if they could send them to any time.  Send Robert Patrick to T1's era and its over.

Plus the casting was awful.  Kyle Reese was nothing like the original.  Sarah should have been more like T2 Sarah than T1.  How could they not include the shrink from the first three? 

They were on the right track but just missed the heart of it.

33 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I thought Genisys had potential.  Cameron was very complimentary about it too.  It was a cool idea, going back to eras we've seen.  But I dont think they took full advantage of that. For example, they really needed Robert Patrick's likeness.  And making John bad was stupid.  Plus they never explained why they kept sending more advanced Terminators to different points if they could send them to any time.  Send Robert Patrick to T1's era and its over.

Plus the casting was awful.  Kyle Reese was nothing like the original.  Sarah should have been more like T2 Sarah than T1.  How could they not include the shrink from the first three? 

They were on the right track but just missed the heart of it.

Showing John as being bad/term in the previews was bad.

As for the doc did he not die around the time of the movie?

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Showing John as being bad/term in the previews was bad.

As for the doc did he not die around the time of the movie?

No but Wikipedia says he retired from screen acting in 2003 and just does voice work.  So I'd have used archival footage or CGI and let him voice it.  Probably expensive for the role but it would have added to the whole vision.  Same with using Bill Paxton's likeness in the flashback to T1, would have been great.

I suppose they could have brought the doc back in Genisys but J.K. Simmons kind of assumed the role of a person who witnessed the terminators and lived to tell about it. I also think the only reason the doc was brought in to T3 was for comedic value when he approaches Claire Danes at the cemetery, so him coming back in a 4th movie would be rehashing the same purpose which I think would lose it's appeal. 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Franchise is worth too much to not follow up.  If Cameron has the rights, why not use them?  Especially while Arnold is still able to be apart of it.

James Cameron can't even get his sequels to Avatar out and Avatar made all the money when it was released. I wouldn't hold out hope for anything from the Terminator franchise after they continued to disappoint after T2. 

40 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

James Cameron can't even get his sequels to Avatar out and Avatar made all the money when it was released. I wouldn't hold out hope for anything from the Terminator franchise after they continued to disappoint after T2. 

Came here to say just this.

He's been saying for the past 3-4 years that "Avatar 2 will be out next year".  It was FOR SURE supposed to be ready for this December.  Oh...no Avatar.  Oh sorry, now it's supposed to be ready for NEXT December.  I think James just can't stop swimming in his big pile of ego money, long enough to get out and get this done.