Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

42 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

It made lots of money but i just dont see people clamoring for Avatar sequels and the 3D phenomena it spawned to some degree is just about dead.

Considering the story was blatant rip off of Pocahontas, unless a sequel offered some new innovative visual spectacle, I would assume it would end being like the Matrix franchise, where the sequel(s) were trying to recapture the same lightning in a bottle by doing the same things and offering up something easily forgettable

the point isn't whether or not Avatar was a great movie or not, it's that it was huge money and when ever something makes money sequels get crapped out ASAP but Cameron can't even get those sequels done, and it is something he does care about so why expect him to make more Terminator movies? That was a long time ago for him. 

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

the point isn't whether or not Avatar was a great movie or not, it's that it was huge money and when ever something makes money sequels get crapped out ASAP but Cameron can't even get those sequels done, and it is something he does care about so why expect him to make more Terminator movies? That was a long time ago for him. 

Maybe Cameron is just a fan of George R.R. Martin's method of putting out material...

Edited by bigg jay

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

My expectation in Terminator is really because of reports that Cameron was already on board with making a new one and had a writer working on a story.  Its totally possible that it gets back burnered in a way Avatar has as well.

I guess when a guy owns the franchise and is already filthy rich, his focus becomes the creative process and quality and not actually putting the film out there.  A studio is all about the bottom line so their focus is on churning out the films.  Getting the Avatar sequels out more timely would make Cameron even richer but its not like he'd notice the difference.  his focus is on creating new film techniques and SFX technology.

Like Lucas.  He sat on Star Wars for years and just tinkered around.  Disney buys it and theres a master plan for the franchise.

Maybe Cameron will license Terminator to a studio to keep the film production schedule on time. 

55 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

According to Zoe Saldana...

"But we are starting production in August. I just got definite dates, and I'm excited about that."

4 sequels shot back to back :wacko:

Pandora at Disney's Animal Kingdom opens May 27th this year.

It's a theme park (expansion of Animal Kingdom) based on the world of Avatar. It looks very interesting with a few rides and interesting ideas.

It's focused on the themes presented in Avatar but necessarily based on the movie itself.

There are some strong financial incentives for Cameron to get these movies done.

If nothing else, I expect the visuals of A2 to be amazing. Storyline may be another story.

there's no trailers for these movies yet, but here are some sequels about to get under way if they haven't started already;

Wedding Crashers 2: swap out Bradley Cooper and insert Daniel Craig

American Pie 5 - in Vegas

Assassins Creed 2 - did awful domestically, but world wide brought in 250m or so 

Gremlins 3

Zombieland 2

The Predator

Saw Legacy (8)

9 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

apparently there is a new trailer coming out on sat. the beginning of this trailer is a teaser of it,  the rest looks like an extended trailer from before also with some behind the scenes looks

I have so much optimism for this movie. I'm going to be crushed when they ruin it. I'll probably also be amazed at how they ruin it.

On 3/24/2017 at 9:33 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

After Man of Steel and BvS, my optimism is near zero.  DC's decision to catch up to Marvel by jumping right into JLA is goofy. 

However, I am optimistic for Wonder Woman.

I imagine they are going to put every villain possible in dark seid, then end it by going into a new 52 esq reboot. Must rush and ruin every story line possible!

On 3/23/2017 at 2:19 PM, Taynted_Fayth said:

there's no trailers for these movies yet, but here are some sequels about to get under way if they haven't started already;

Wedding Crashers 2: swap out Bradley Cooper and insert Daniel Craig

American Pie 5 - in Vegas

Assassins Creed 2 - did awful domestically, but world wide brought in 250m or so 

Gremlins 3

Zombieland 2

The Predator

Saw Legacy (8)

gremlins 3? really?

Zombieland was amazing. If 2 has the same cast ill be holding my breath for it to be good. If not ill prolly pass.

Looks ok.

I can't stand the look of Cyborg though.  It just looks CGI and takes me right out.  They should have done a CGI/Real Costume combo.  I don't like the Flash's costume either but at least it looks real.

Edited by Logan007

I think they really dont understand these films.  With Marvel, we got to know the characters over time and got to like the characters.  When it was time for the Avengers, they had built anticipation and it was easy to slip into the film because we knew the characters and were emotionally invested in them already.

DC is throwing this team at us.  Snyder showed he couldnt do justice to just two characters in his last outing and we're to believe he can make us give a **** about Flash, Cyborg and Auquaman too?  Plus, spend adequate time explaining Batman's motivations and what he does to unite them?  Plus explain Superman's resurrection?

Man...I dont have a good feeling about this.

I think if done right, cyborg could have/should have been a stand alone film with the big payoff at the end with Bruce Wayne approaching him. A lot of potential for a big screen version of the cyborg origin. IMO Aquaman and Flash aren't nearly as deep of a story to make a captivating full length feature.

They work well as support characters, but like the flash tv show totally lost interest after the first few episodes cuz it was just the same crap again again using speed to solve today's problem and if iirc aquaman the tv show lasted like 1 or 2 episodes last time they tried.

It's too bad they dropped the ball with the Green Lantern and he is not in this film.  a JL without Superman and GL makes it more of a super friends then the Justice League to me