Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

Saw F8 today on Imax, and glad we paid for it. It's incredibly stupid, but a lot of top notch action. If you're a franchise fan, you'll dig this... 

Those movies pain me soo much. The last one i saw i fell a sleep in the theater. As a car guy im glad they have gone away from the horrible fake race stuff to crazy car action flick. 

Jeepers creepers 3 this year, the first 2 were kind of a guilty pleasure for me. Dont like the look of pennywise in IT, dont think the movie needed a remake but maybe itll be good. 

Alien covenant for some reason im sitll gonna check this out. I really didnt like Prometheus but im hoping they will pull it out and make some thing good. 

15 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

to further add to the upcoming movies of 2018;

Bad Boys For Life

Pacific Rim: Uprising

Antman and the Wasp

Black Panther (starring Walking Dead's Michonne)

Aquaman

Tomb Raider (prequel not starring Angelina Jolie)

The Incredibles 2

Jurassic World 2

Mission Impossible 6

The Flash

Maze Runner: The Death Cure

You forgot two major ones:

Star Wars: Han Solo

Avengers: Infinity War

1 hour ago, Logan007 said:

You forgot two major ones:

Star Wars: Han Solo

Avengers: Infinity War

I had them written down, but i figured since we talked about both of those movies a lot separately in posts already they didn't need to be included, but i guess i should have left out avatar 2 and Black panther with the same regard.

Of the ones I posted, i'm most curious to see how they do Aquaman underwater as he battles for Atlantis. I have a feeling too much CGI will ruin it imho.

there were other movies i left out as well as they do nothing for me,  but maybe others might have interest in;

Mary Poppins Returns

Jungle Book (again)

Wreck It Ralph 2

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2

12 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I had them written down, but i figured since we talked about both of those movies a lot separately in posts already they didn't need to be included, but i guess i should have left out avatar 2 and Black panther with the same regard.

Of the ones I posted, i'm most curious to see how they do Aquaman underwater as he battles for Atlantis. I have a feeling too much CGI will ruin it imho.

there were other movies i left out as well as they do nothing for me,  but maybe others might have interest in;

Mary Poppins Returns

Jungle Book (again)

Wreck It Ralph 2

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2

I'm curious how they're going to do Aquaman as well.  That image of him underwater in BvS was lame.  I'm not sure I could handle a completely underwater movie if it looks like that.  I also wonder how they'll handle them talking underwater.  It will be weird if they have them using telepathy or something like that, or if we're going to have to read subtitles because they're talking like whales or dolphins.

41 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Jungle Book (again)?

yep,  yet another try at the live version of it, this time with christian bale (Bagheera), Benedict Cumberbatch (Shere Khan) and Cate Blanchett (Kaa).  Also has Andy Serkis doing Baloo and possibly a lot of the other movements for animals.

I guess they weren't happy with how the jungle book a year or 2 ago did.  and seems like that's disney's thing right now,  is to make everything non animated. I also read some rumbling about will smith being the Genie in a live version of aladdin, but not sure if/when that's getting started

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

yep,  yet another try at the live version of it, this time with christian bale (Bagheera), Benedict Cumberbatch (Shere Khan) and Cate Blanchett (Kaa).  Also has Andy Serkis doing Baloo and possibly a lot of the other movements for animals.

I guess they weren't happy with how the jungle book a year or 2 ago did.  and seems like that's disney's thing right now,  is to make everything non animated. I also read some rumbling about will smith being the Genie in a live version of aladdin, but not sure if/when that's getting started

That was made official yesterday....not sure when filming begins...

This other Jungle Book is not being made by Disney.  This is being made by Warner Bros.  Disney is very happy with how their version of the Jungle Book turned out.  I don't know why WB's is bothering to do this.

17 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

This other Jungle Book is not being made by Disney.  This is being made by Warner Bros.  Disney is very happy with how their version of the Jungle Book turned out.  I don't know why WB's is bothering to do this.

I wasn't aware WB was doing this one. I always associate the jungle book with Disney just because of the animated 1967 version,  and even the last 2 live adaptations in 1994 and 2016

**edit: has disney ever given up the rights to one of their classics? or is the jungle book like sword in the stone (King arthur) that seems to be up for grabs all the time

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

I wasn't aware WB was doing this one. I always associate the jungle book with Disney just because of the animated 1967 version,  and even the last 2 live adaptations in 1994 and 2016

**edit: has disney ever given up the rights to one of their classics? or is the jungle book like sword in the stone (King arthur) that seems to be up for grabs all the time

The stories were published in 1894. I don't think Disney owns the rights to Jungle Book, I think it's in the public domain There are plenty of adaptations of the story in film and TV that are not Disney.

It does seem very odd for WB to be making this movie again.

4 hours ago, JCon said:

Wasn't the WB originally announced before the Favreau one... it was filmed and was to come out within a month of the Favreau one... it was then delayed after the success from the other one using the excuse for further work needed on the special effects.

Seems like it will be destined to be a bomb...

12 hours ago, Brandon said:

Wasn't the WB originally announced before the Favreau one... it was filmed and was to come out within a month of the Favreau one... it was then delayed after the success from the other one using the excuse for further work needed on the special effects.

I remember hearing that story and it sounds about right.  I couldn't remember the exact details but it's something along those lines.

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

I didn't know that. That makes more sense. But, boy, oh, boy, I bet it will be terrible.

I still haven't seen the Disney version but I heard really good things about it.

19 hours ago, JCon said:

The stories were published in 1894. I don't think Disney owns the rights to Jungle Book, I think it's in the public domain There are plenty of adaptations of the story in film and TV that are not Disney.

definitely public domain, as to the reasons why WB is making one it's simple, there's money to be had. 

Copyright law is complicated.  But:

For works published or registered before 1978, the maximum copyright duration is 95 years from the date of publication, if copyright was renewed during the 28th year following publication.

So public domain.

HG Wells works will become public domain this year.

An interesting case of public domain is Its A Wonderful Life.  The old Copyright act required re-registering copyright and you had to do it at year 28.  When It's A Wonderful Life came out it was a flop.  It was not properly re-registered.  Therefore, anyone can air it and did so, freely, turning it into a Holiday classic.

Sherlock Holmes is public domain.  The estate of Doyle sued to extend and was denied.  So if you want to write a Sherlock story, go ahead.

I actually JUST saw the Favreau Jungle Book last week, and enjoyed it. I'm a HUUUUUUGE fan of the 60s original, and this was definitely different...but enjoyable on its own. Walken as Louie was pretty cool. It's tough to follow the great Louie Prima, but Walken turning him into a sorta New York gangster -style thing was neat...

I really don't have an issue with WB redoing the Jungle Book, but I do think timing is awful. Unless it reinvents the wheel with a darker variation of it, it just seems like it's destined to fail based on proximity. I wonder if there has ever been another movie remade in such short time, and if so how well the 2nd version fared.

I could understand if this was a sequel to the 2016 version, but sounds like it's an outright redo