Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

3 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I really don't have an issue with WB redoing the Jungle Book, but I do think timing is awful. Unless it reinvents the wheel with a darker variation of it, it just seems like it's destined to fail based on proximity. I wonder if there has ever been another movie remade in such short time, and if so how well the 2nd version fared.

I could understand if this was a sequel to the 2016 version, but sounds like it's an outright redo

Like I said earlier the movie was done filming and was suppose to be out in 2016. They delayed the release for more work on the special effects.

On 4/21/2017 at 5:28 PM, Taynted_Fayth said:

I really don't have an issue with WB redoing the Jungle Book, but I do think timing is awful. Unless it reinvents the wheel with a darker variation of it, it just seems like it's destined to fail based on proximity. I wonder if there has ever been another movie remade in such short time, and if so how well the 2nd version fared.

I could understand if this was a sequel to the 2016 version, but sounds like it's an outright redo

Not quite the same, but I remember years ago, Deep Impact and Armageddon released the same year, both about asteroids hitting the Earth.  And another year it was Dante's Peak and Volcano, both about eruptions.

But I know what you mean.  I can't see this working if it's just the same story.

Hearing a lot of mixed, and average reviews for Guardians of the galaxy so far. Its hard for the 2nd to live up to the first. Especially when the first comes form out of no where. I hope thats all it is. Im really excited to see what they do with ego and starlord. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I enjoyed the first a lot more than I thought I would.

same i was never keen on the comics so i had low expectations but it worked great. maybe my favorite marvel movie so far.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

The first one was absolutely not for me so I have extremely low expectations for the new one.... 

youre more the "damned kids get off my lawn" type though ya?

18 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Hearing a lot of mixed, and average reviews for Guardians of the galaxy so far. Its hard for the 2nd to live up to the first. Especially when the first comes form out of no where. I hope thats all it is. Im really excited to see what they do with ego and starlord. 

Really?  RT has it at 87% as of this morning with a rating of 7.2/10 which is pretty decent.  The first one had 91% with 7.8/10.  Not that I listen to any of those guys, but that seems pretty close.

17 hours ago, wbbfan said:

same i was never keen on the comics so i had low expectations but it worked great. maybe my favorite marvel movie so far.

youre more the "damned kids get off my lawn" type though ya?

No room for outer space ****. Anything taking place on earth, ostensibly within our reality, I'm okay with... 

2 hours ago, Logan007 said:

Really?  RT has it at 87% as of this morning with a rating of 7.2/10 which is pretty decent.  The first one had 91% with 7.8/10.  Not that I listen to any of those guys, but that seems pretty close.

Yeah, RT is heavily weighted towards average movie goers. A positive score means atleast half the scores were 50% or better too its not a great metric imop. 

35 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah, RT is heavily weighted towards average movie goers. A positive score means atleast half the scores were 50% or better too its not a great metric imop. 

The % yes, I agree, but the rating is usually on point.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

That's kinda surprising.  It was one of M. Night's lesser known movies but maybe my favourite one.

"They called me MR. GLASS!!"

Edit:  Wow, just searched this and realized it's also a sequel to Split, which I never saw, and now the Split twist is totally spoiled for me.  LOL.

Edited by Atomic

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

I haven't seen Split but I guess M.Night is back in Hollywood's good graces.  Generally I cant stand him.  One trick pony.

Yeah I was referring to Unbreakable.  I didn't realize Split was related.  I'm not a big M. Night fan either, to be honest.  He's made some real stinkers but a couple gems.