Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

IMHO Split was a better movie then unbreakable... a lot better, and once you connect the 2 it makes it a lot more interesting when thinking about Mr. Glass' take about finding humans with unique powers..etc.

I would have rather seen a 3rd movie introduce a new character/power then already bringing back Jackson, McAvoy and Willis

17 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I just find his stuff boring.  The Sixth Sense was amazing for that twist because we all fell for it.  It had some great scenes.  But it was something he worked on for years and years.  Everything else...boring.  Bad dialogue.  Silly ideas. 

"Signs" in particular was overrated and overhyped.

Then again I was talking to a girl recently who claimed Signs was her favourite movie.  Not favourite Shyamalan movie..... favourite movie period.  Different strokes for different folks I suppose!

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I haven't seen Split but I guess M.Night is back in Hollywood's good graces.  Generally I cant stand him.  One trick pony.

His first 3 were pretty good. Split has mentioned is set in same world as Unbreakable but only for the last 30 seconds of the movie do you know this.

Bruce is almost dead to me now the way he's putting out direct to video movies.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

I enjoyed quite a few of his movies.  But some where bad.  Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs, and Split were all good.  I also liked The Village but not as much.  And The Visit is supposed to be good too.  The rest were garbage.

23 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

I enjoyed quite a few of his movies.  But some where bad.  Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs, and Split were all good.  I also liked The Village but not as much.  And The Visit is supposed to be good too.  The rest were garbage.

Is The Visit the one with the elderly couple?  I was quite bothered by it.  Maybe because I have elderly parents but I thought he was making fun of the elderly throughout the movie. 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Did anyone else watch Lady in the Water?  It was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

nope, after the village i swore off his movies for a while. i think devil may have been the next one i watched by him.  speaking of bad movies, they have a movie thread on RF i was looking at and someone mentioned this movie called the doom generation from the 90's.  that's definitely gotta be one of the dumbest things i've watched in forever

33 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I just watched a bad movie on Netflix that was actually pretty entertaining to the extent I kept going back to it to see what would happen.  Flight World War II about a modern 747 that flies through a storm and ends up in 1940 over Germany.

Reminds me of the Kirk Douglas movie where the aircraft carrier goes back to 1941 or the Twilight Zone ep where the plane goes back, way back to diff time periods.

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Is The Visit the one with the elderly couple?  I was quite bothered by it.  Maybe because I have elderly parents but I thought he was making fun of the elderly throughout the movie. 

Yes it is.  I haven't seen it yet but it's had good reviews, but it looks freaky.

4 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Yes it is.  I haven't seen it yet but it's had good reviews, but it looks freaky.

My gf liked it and didnt think it was demeaning to the elderly.  I felt very uncomfortable at times.  I felt like some of the horror and gross out scenes were directly attributable to certain aspects of aging. 

The visit could have been a lot better for me but the ending was spoiled to me prior to seeing it. That's MNS problem,  he's good for that one pop surprise ending twist but once you've seen or know it,  the movie isn't really worth watching again. 

As for the Visit making fun of the elderly I didn't feel that way personally,  it was more just showcasing how crazy the 2 elderly characters were while still touching upon common elderly issues at the same time 

KING ARTHUR - as in a preview viewing last night in Kelowna.

Jax Teller, er, Charlie Hunnam is the new King, and Jude Law, plays his evil uncle. There are villains galore and action aplenty. And monsters, did I mention monsters? Or rather, giant elephants, birds and snakes. There's a wizard, Merlin (briefly), but mostly a Mage (a sorceress) who helps Arthur along the way. (She can control animals) 

The movie is fast, so pay attention right from the beginning. 

Charlie is better in the Sons of Anarchy, but is passable here as the new King. Jude Law is very a good villain. 

Lots of characters and fun parts. 

The Guy Ritchie directs the movie he co-wrote. 

I give it 3.5 stars. Would I recommend it? Why not? It's entertaining and as an adventure movie..it passes the grade. Lots of dead bodies and the scope of the movie is impressive.....Hail the King...and Excalibur, the mighty sword!

IMG_0364.jpg

On 4/28/2017 at 8:08 PM, Mr Dee said:

KING ARTHUR - as in a preview viewing last night in Kelowna.

Jax Teller, er, Charlie Hunnam is the new King, and Jude Law, plays his evil uncle. There are villains galore and action aplenty. And monsters, did I mention monsters? Or rather, giant elephants, birds and snakes. There's a wizard, Merlin (briefly), but mostly a Mage (a sorceress) who helps Arthur along the way. (She can control animals) 

The movie is fast, so pay attention right from the beginning. 

Charlie is better in the Sons of Anarchy, but is passable here as the new King. Jude Law is very a good villain. 

Lots of characters and fun parts. 

The Guy Ritchie directs the movie he co-wrote. 

I give it 3.5 stars. Would I recommend it? Why not? It's entertaining and as an adventure movie..it passes the grade. Lots of dead bodies and the scope of the movie is impressive.....Hail the King...and Excalibur, the mighty sword!

IMG_0364.jpg

nice, i saw that and figure ill check it out at some point. Does not jaxx talk in an accent?

I watched GOTG 2 tnite. It was pretty good. Certainly better then most of the marvel 2.0 movies. The post credit scene is a real nerd-gasm moment. I really like some of the new supporting roles. This felt more like a intro to the guardians (star lord any way) and a .5 movie then a sequel. But knowing the direction of the MCU and where the gotg 2 is situated i get why they did the movie this way. Over all a must watch for marvel fans. Solidly in the top of the 2nd tier of marvel movies. 

17 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Accent? You mean his normal speaking voice? He's English.

hes a fairly long term ex pat with a funky half and half accent. Im wondering if he speaks with his full american accent from soa, his half and half mess or if he puts on a full accent. 

So after watching Guardians of the Galaxy again to re-acquaint myself with it before #2, i couldn't take it anymore and watched the 2nd one last night. Overall it's still a good movie but not as good as the first, I'll post the rest of my thoughts in the spoiler feature

Spoiler

The action was good, but the movie may have done itself in on the humor. They shot themselves in the foot by basically playing all the funny moments in the trailers, so characters like Drax (Bautista) end up coming off more annoying than they were funny this time around.

They did a good job of keep quiet a surprise cameo/small-ish role by a certain actor who might have got on with the movie as an old friend of Russells. I'll leave it at that.

This movie did absolutely nothing to tie into the infinity war movie coming up.  There are 3 different post credit scenes, and only the 1st kind of ties to a future GOTG volume 3. the other 2 are just comedic little clips. Was greatly disappointed with that, as almost every marvel movie usually ties into the next (like dr. strange meeting with thor at the end of dr strange leading to Thor: Ragnarok.

So while a few of these have been mentioned before, this is just a list of upcoming DC movies/projects. So far a lot of DC movies have sucked but they are determined to keep spitting them out because they still bring in $.

- Wonder Woman

- Justice League

- Aquaman

- Shazam (featuring the rock as the villain Black Adam)

- Green Lantern Corp (introducing John Stewart, but also featuring Hal Jordan)

- The Flash

- Cyborg

- The Batman (Deathstroke as main Villain)

- Dark Universe (featuring John Constantine, Swamp Thing and Zatanna - basically going to be DC's version of Doctor Strange with all the mythical arts/dimensions)

- Gotham City Sirens (sounds like Robbie will be back to reprise Harley Quinn,  no one rumored yet to be Catwoman or Poison Ivy)

- Justice League 2 (original target was 2019, but sounds like they want to push the Batman first so more likely 2020 now)

- Man of Steel 2 

- Suicide Squad 2

- Deadshot

- Black Adam (this one confused me as they first mentioned him as the villain for Shazam but sounds like they want to do a stand alone also featuring the rock)

- Lobo (this will likely be DC's "Deadpool")

36 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

So while a few of these have been mentioned before, this is just a list of upcoming DC movies/projects. So far a lot of DC movies have sucked but they are determined to keep spitting them out because they still bring in $.

- Wonder Woman

- Justice League

- Aquaman

- Shazam (featuring the rock as the villain Black Adam)

- Green Lantern Corp (introducing John Stewart, but also featuring Hal Jordan)

- The Flash

- Cyborg

- The Batman (Deathstroke as main Villain)

- Dark Universe (featuring John Constantine, Swamp Thing and Zatanna - basically going to be DC's version of Doctor Strange with all the mythical arts/dimensions)

- Gotham City Sirens (sounds like Robbie will be back to reprise Harley Quinn,  no one rumored yet to be Catwoman or Poison Ivy)

- Justice League 2 (original target was 2019, but sounds like they want to push the Batman first so more likely 2020 now)

- Man of Steel 2 

- Suicide Squad 2

- Deadshot

- Black Adam (this one confused me as they first mentioned him as the villain for Shazam but sounds like they want to do a stand alone also featuring the rock)

- Lobo (this will likely be DC's "Deadpool")

Also Bat Girl and Nightwing.

Very heavy on the Batman universe.  With rumours of Affleck wanting out, its very interesting as to how theyd pull off all these Batman-related films without him.

Hopefully they have learned from Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad.  Im looking forward to Wonder Woman and they've had a long time to work on it to get it right.

17 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

I believe Deathstroke is starting to be removed as the villain of the Batman movie.

They changed writers/directors and he might be out too.  Unfortunately.  He's also a character that could get his film.

If they are serious about Batgirl and Nightwing, why not include them in The Batman?

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

They changed writers/directors and he might be out too.  Unfortunately.  He's also a character that could get his film.

If they are serious about Batgirl and Nightwing, why not include them in The Batman?

Was not Grayson killed off in BvS?