Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

36 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Snyder takes leave from Justice League due to family tragedy. Wedon on board to complete it. 

Not sure how much they'd have left to shoot considering there's been some trailers out already. Must just be holding the fort for Snyder as I can't imagine there being a new direction this far in

5 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Not sure how much they'd have left to shoot considering there's been some trailers out already. Must just be holding the fort for Snyder as I can't imagine there being a new direction this far in

I would imagine part 1 is done except for fx.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

8 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I would imagine part 1 is done except for fx.

There were rumors of big re-shoots which they have set is not true.  But they do say there are "new" scenes but not new characters being added

EDIT:

LRM reported earlier today that Zack Snyder is stepping down as director of Justice League in order to take care of family issues relating to his daughter tragically committing suicide. According to our earlier article, Snyder had watched an early cut of the movie and decided the movie needed some extra scenes. With Joss Whedon on board the new Batgirl movie, he utilized Whedon to write the new scenes and ultimately helm the direction of what he wrote

Edited by The Unknown Poster

24 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Woah...if only this happened sooner (I mean Whedon taking over not something bad happening to Snyder's family).

Its interesting because you have to wonder if this is just a quick fix or if Whedon is interested in more duties related to the DC films.  Snyder is a good film maker.  But the story telling aspects thus far have been abysmal.  Whedon likely makes that a lot better.  Having a team that includes Snyder, Whedon and Johns among others (Affleck doesnt hurt) would give DC a better chance to right the ship.

Just found out it was Snyder's daughter that died in March.  He had finished principle photography at that point and it's just reshoots and post production that needs to be done.  So sad about his daughter.  Something parents shouldn't have to go through.  He's decided to not come back to the project as his family needs him.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

seen some pretty good reviews on it so far. Will have to check it out tomorrow 

Very excited for this one.  Gal Gadot is perfect in this role (from the BvS film).  Film is banned in Lebanon because she's an Israeli. 

And hilarious that there are men angry because of some women-only screenings of the film.  Yes, a lot of men (probably white men) are definitely being discriminated by.  Sort of missed the point.  A FEMALE superhero likely to be DC's best film to date.  If those whining men have daughters (or sisters) they should understand the important not only of starring vehicles for women, but in this genre and the creation of a character little girls can look up to who arent damsel's in distress.

There has been some good reviews but also some not so good ones, I think it's one of those ones we'll have to wait and see on, cause it's also possible that because it's a female super hero movie people are reluctant to be as critical of it as they might be if it was just another man. Kind of like how people went out of their way to praise chick ghostbusters or be labelled sexist. 

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

There has been some good reviews but also some not so good ones, I think it's one of those ones we'll have to wait and see on, cause it's also possible that because it's a female super hero movie people are reluctant to be as critical of it as they might be if it was just another man. Kind of like how people went out of their way to praise chick ghostbusters or be labelled sexist. 

I dont think I heard one good review of Ghostbusters, to be honest.  If anything, Wonder Woman has more hype to live up to because its not just another super hero movie.  Plus, DC has been so bad at this.  Although it might benefit from reduced expectations for that reason.

I think the worst review I saw for WW praised most of it and said the final act got away from them a bit.  I thought Gadot was the best thing in BvS so I have very high expectations for this.

I saw Wonder Woman and it felt like a much higher production and much more similar to a Captain America then any other DC movie.   The characters are likable, the pace was great,  the acting was very good and the story moved along nicely.   I would definitely be interested in another Wonder Woman story from back in the past as she is learning how Earth works.  

55 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

There was a post on my FB wall from Power 97 i think when the Mummy reboot was first announced and I joked at the time (but now seems more inevitable) that you put; Sofia Boutella (the mummy), Luke Evans (Dracula), Spencer Wilding (Frankenstein's Monster/Prometheus), Benicio Del Toro or whoever will be the new wolf man, and whoever will play the creature from the black lagoon together and we got ourselves A Monster Squad reboot happening too!

Interesting of note, Russell Crowe is Dr. Henry Jekyll in this mummy movie as well so I'd imagine eventually they will do a Jekyll and Hyde reboot too

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

Reports out there that Justice League is beginning "extensive" re-shoots.  When this was talked about before, especially with Snyder stepping down, everyone down-played it.  But it sounds like Whedon wrote additional scenes and is shooting additional scenes and that it could extend into August.  That sounds pretty extensive.

Which brings up a question I always wondered.  I know actors are contracted for re-shoots some time after principle photography is completed but what happens if an actor shows up looking different?  A lot of these superhero types must work pretty hard to be in shape.  Take Affleck for example, who has been criticized for his weight in the past.  What if he shows up 20 lbs overweight?  Or Gadot shows up under-muscled (she gained a lot of muscle for her role)?

I guess we just dont notice?  I remember in Batman Begins, Bale had just finished The Machinist where he had gotten incredibly skinny.  And in trying to bulk up quickly for Batman, he over-bulked so in certain scenes you can see him really heavy and others really fit.

Hopefully that also doesn't F'up the movies flow, in having 1 idea suddenly altered with new ideas.

Gadot was also 5 months pregnant when she shot WW (had her 2nd daughter just under 3 months ago). I don't think hiding their physique will be too hard if all, or most of the reshoots are them in costume