Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

Yeah that trailer is fake.  They haven't even started filming The Batman.  You could tell it was fake the second it started.  The theme was high pitched and all of the scenes are mostly from BvS.  And that eyepatch scene...lol...

So while it was announced a while back that Will Smith would be taking on the Genie in a live action Aladdin,  they've finally cast Aladdin and Jasmine.

Jasmine will be played by Naomi Scott (The pink ranger in the recent power rangers) and someone I've never heard of cuz he's more on tv; Mena Massoud as Aladdin;

Aladdin Disney

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/aladdin-will-smith-naomi-scott-jasmine-cast-mena-massoud-d23-1202496767/

Why do I get the feeling they will get Ben Kingsley to play Jafar?

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

So I gotta tell you guys... I'm watching Wonder Woman on KODI right now and I just don't get it. This is like a rejected Captain America script written by feminazi's.... 

It's a fun movie for what it is,  and I think most were in consensus it was the best DC movie put out to date. Definitely a poor man's Captain America but pretty much for DC at this point is to try and ride the coattails of Marvel and enjoy whatever success they can.  Personally I would have rather seen her fight Hades and go deeper into the greek mythology but I understand them needing the introduction story for her in why she's off themyscira and fighting alongside non-amazonians leading into JL

I've seen about 20 minutes total of that, but I can say yes. I fell asleep in the middle of WW... It was just awful. It was way too much "fantasy" for me, too. Kinda like Thor... That stuff is just not for me. 

At any rate, this is a massively overrated movie... 

On 7/8/2017 at 11:05 PM, Taynted_Fayth said:

it was that good. I think they did well incorporating the previous Avengers/Captain America/Iron Man movies into this to really get the ball rolling at a good pace and no need for the whole "Origin" thing again.  I know I didn't initially like the vulture mechanical suit but it works and how these villains and other future villains come to get their equipment has a fresh new take vs. it always being Oscorp R & D pumping it out. 

Finally got to see it on the weekend.

Tom Holland is definitely the BEST Peter Parker/Spiderman hands down.  I still like the Spiderman 2 story better though.  But they did a good job with the Vulture and the slight spoiler to the possible next villain in the end.

BTW...and I won't spoil anything for those who haven't seen it by saying this but...

Spoiler

******* Marvel trolled us LOL.  DAMN YOU MARVEL!!!!

3 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Martin Scorsese has a new movie coming out; "The Irishman" starring Robert DeNiro as Frank "The Irishman" Sheeran, Al Pacino as Jimmy Hoffa, and Joe Pesci as mafia boss Russell Bufalino.  Also casted is Harvey Keitel, Ray Romano and Bobby Cannavale (Vinyl, Antman, Paul Blart).

Is this actually for sure? ....I'd seen info about this, and then I saw it completely debunked because Pesci retired from acting some years ago....

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Martin Scorsese has a new movie coming out; "The Irishman" starring Robert DeNiro as Frank "The Irishman" Sheeran, Al Pacino as Jimmy Hoffa, and Joe Pesci as mafia boss Russell Bufalino.  Also casted is Harvey Keitel, Ray Romano and Bobby Cannavale (Vinyl, Antman, Boardwalk Empire).

FYP

There are tons of people out there who swear that Pacific Rim was the greatest thing ever. 

I didn't mind it but personally felt like it was over hyped by those types. Truthfully Pacific Rim should have been the sequel. The intro story that they glossed over could have easily been the first movie and then the actual main story could have been the 2nd movie. As it stands I have no ******* clue what they are planning on doing in a sequel. I thought they had wrapped it up pretty nicely. 

I went and saw War for the Planet of the Apes this past tuesday. While it wasn't that bad of a movie I wouldn't spend money to see it. I'll post my thoughts on it in spoiler mode

Spoiler

At one point I joked I was watching the Fellowship of the Ape, as Caesar (Chimpanzee), Rocket (Ape), Maurice (Orangutan) and *name escapes me* (Gorilla) set on a quest to destroy evil (Woody Harrelson and his army of humans) and along the way team up with a mute little girl who is given the name "Nova" by the orangutan and a hermit zoo monkey named Bad Ape - who reminded me a lot of Gollum, and who was also the only one who knew the way to reach the evil.  Then i felt like I was watching one of these vietnam POW movies for the rest of the movie tho, maybe set in North Korea.

1 thing I thought could have worked a lot better was with the introduction of Cornelius, who is Caesar's youngest son and soul survivor. But he is really young like toddler little. Why I think it could have worked better was they should have somehow shown Cornelius witnessing Caesar, despite his anger and sadness, showing mercy towards the human who killed almost his whole family. But I rewatched the original later that night and I don't believe them to be one in the same character.

The ending felt ridiculously rushed. 

Apparently there is a Winnipegger that had a pretty significant role early in the movie playing an albino gorilla named Winter so that was a kinda cool tidbit.

While I realize this is a reboot, I think they would have hit gold tying in the original movie at the end of one of them (with a spaceship falling out of the sky) but the time lines are too far apart.  in the originals it's supposed to be about 3900 AD where as this latest movie is still pretty closed to the proximity of the simian flu outbreak.  so maybe they have 1 more movie (at least) up their sleeve, but they would be hard pressed to come up with storylines with substance.

Interesting thing of note: In the original PotA movies, Caesar was introduced in the 3rd movie as the baby of Cornelius and Zira (Escape from the planet of the ape) in this reboot series, Cornelius is introduced in the 3rd movie as the baby of Caesar

How does Apes compare to the other two? Cause I thought those were actually pretty good and have heard good things about the third one. 

I opted to see Spiderman rather than Apes this week so next up is probably Apes. 

Spiderman was solid, though there were parts I felt could have been done better, but it had it's quota of quips filled so it was still enjoyable. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

How does Apes compare to the other two? Cause I thought those were actually pretty good and have heard good things about the third one. 

I opted to see Spiderman rather than Apes this week so next up is probably Apes. 

Spiderman was solid, though there were parts I felt could have been done better, but it had it's quota of quips filled so it was still enjoyable. 

If you liked the other 2 then you'd probably like this 3rd one. There are some good points of the movie that make it enjoyable, and do explain some in a little more detail what's exactly going on with the humans and how they end up basically cattle in the future/originals, but at times it's really dragged out then really rushed at the end. 

1 thing I did commend the writers on doing in this reboot, is making the apes the heroes and the ones you're cheering for. In the originals everyone hated those damn dirty apes, so it's a nice role reversal as you see more of what exactly transpires from the start