Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:02 AM, 17to85 said:

But is it more watchable than Supergirl?

Some of the scripts on that show? The lesbian relationship between Supergirl's sister & the other female FBI officer. The kind of sunshine & light relationship of some of the other characters. Just the way they interact & talk to one another. Supergirl is a weird show.

james Cameron in early stages of coming up with a new Terminator trilogy.  Arnold also to appear but supposedly the idea is to "pass the torch".

They could keep featuring Arnold's likeness as the t-100 forever with CGI which would be cool.  And have Arnold play a human character, the one the machines were modeled after maybe (briefly shown in T3 but they could forget that aspect).

Cameron regains the US ownership of the franchise next year.  So him being involved is really the only way to go.

Reports of Zack Snyder out (or vastly reduced role) of the DC films moving forward. 

Terrible tragedy that necessitated his stepping back but his vision was poor.  Wonder Woman was so much better than BvS. 

Whedon is spending $25million on extensive reshoot of Justice League. Reports are Snyder's action scenes are "usable" which doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement. 

More on "The Irishman"...

The Irishman” will follow in the footsteps of “Hugo” as a Scorsese movie that depends heavily on visual effects. The director is teaming with George Lucas’ VFX company Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) to utilize the same effects used on Brad Pitt in “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” so that De Niro can be digitally aged to look younger in the flashback scenes.

“The Irishman” will include flashbacks that span decades, and De Niro is set to play Sheeran in all of them. He’ll appear as young as 30 years old.

------------------------------------

The visual effects required for “The Irishman” are part of the reason the film’s budget is over the $100 million mark. That’s a massive price tag for any filmmaker, and it’s why Scorsese has taken up shop at Netflix to make the movie despite his love of the theatrical experience over streaming.

------------------------------------

And now for the bad news: “The Irishman” won’t be released until 2019. At the very earliest we could get an Oscar-qualifying run in select theaters in late December 2018, but reports say Netflix is eyeing a day-and-date rollout in 2019. Because of the extensive VFX work required, it makes sense the movie won’t open for a year after the cameras stop rolling. Let the long wait for “The Irishman” begin.

http://www.businessinsider.com/martin-scorseses-the-irishman-9-things-to-know-2017-7/#8-scorseses-award-winning-collaborators-are-back-too-8

Further complicating the Justice League re-shoots is that Henry Cavill is currently filming Mission Impossible and has a mustache which Paramount will not allow him to shave to accommodate the JL re-shoots.  They will have to digitally remove his 'stache in post production.  Hopefully some footage leaks of Superman with a mustache.

I always wondered if they ever have issues with actors looking different for the reshoots.  Gal Gadot was pregnant when she did Wonder Woman reshoots.  These are really extensive so I'd think physical changes would be an issue.  Some actors are only in "move shape" for filming.  Affleck has often gotten pudgy when he's not filming.  I'd imagine Cavill doesnt always maintain his huge physique outside of Superman.

If you watch Batman Begins, it was right after Bale did The machinist where he had gotten super skinny.  In various scenes he is too thin, too thick or just right.

46 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Further complicating the Justice League re-shoots is that Henry Cavill is currently filming Mission Impossible and has a mustache which Paramount will not allow him to shave to accommodate the JL re-shoots.  They will have to digitally remove his 'stache in post production.  Hopefully some footage leaks of Superman with a mustache.

I always wondered if they ever have issues with actors looking different for the reshoots.  Gal Gadot was pregnant when she did Wonder Woman reshoots.  These are really extensive so I'd think physical changes would be an issue.  Some actors are only in "move shape" for filming.  Affleck has often gotten pudgy when he's not filming.  I'd imagine Cavill doesnt always maintain his huge physique outside of Superman.

If you watch Batman Begins, it was right after Bale did The machinist where he had gotten super skinny.  In various scenes he is too thin, too thick or just right.

Strange i thought he was skinnier in TDKR.

ScarJo was preggers in Avengers 2 but had double/cgi.

Superman with stache sounds cool, isn't he a villian in JL?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

this is the dumbest issue I've ever heard of. Let him shave and when he shoots M.I. put a fake a fake stash on him. Pretty sure cinematic make-up and cosmetics have gotten to the point they can replicate facial hair

3 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

this is the dumbest issue I've ever heard of. Let him shave and when he shoots M.I. put a fake a fake stash on him. Pretty sure cinematic make-up and cosmetics have gotten to the point they can replicate facial hair

He's currently shooting both (principal photography on MI and reshoots on JL).  Supposedly the work on MI is to intensive for a fake mustache and Paramount doesnt care about helping out WB.

Cavill made a joke post trying to claim it was all nonsense.  But supposedly they did tests of the CGI removal of the stache and they are acceptable. lol

Just went and saw Atomic Blonde.  Overall the spy game aspect of the movie is pretty good and Theron does a convincing job with the action/fighting scenes but man that 80's soundtrack overkilled it and then some.  Listening to 99 Luftballons while a fist fight is going on just totally sours the mood.  I get it's supposed to take place in 1989 as the berlin wall is coming down, but the music was so unnecessary and too often,  songs like New Orders Blue Monday, Nena's 99 luftballons,  george michaels Father figure, Queen/David Bowie's Under Pressure etc... ugh.

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well they hired J. World director in a panic.

Disclosure I have not seen JW but i dont remember it getting glowing reviews.

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well they hired J. World director in a panic.

Disclosure I have not seen JW but i dont remember it getting glowing reviews.

I think they wanted to hire young, cool directors and give them the freedom to write their own stories.  It seemed to work with JJ but I think they might be having second thoughts. 

Regardless, if they dont like the script, at least they are punching it up and not just hoping for the best.  Disney doesnt seem to have any fear of bad press when it comes to replacing people or what have you.  Good for them.

20 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think they wanted to hire young, cool directors and give them the freedom to write their own stories.  It seemed to work with JJ but I think they might be having second thoughts. 

Regardless, if they dont like the script, at least they are punching it up and not just hoping for the best.  Disney doesnt seem to have any fear of bad press when it comes to replacing people or what have you.  Good for them.

Here's what will happen...the New Order(?) will be defeated. It's like ep6, we know how its going to end.