Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Sure not pushing the XMEN connection are they. Feel like people will pass over this until the next X-Men which comes out a year from now which I thought they were all finished with. Holy cow!3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men:_Dark_Phoenix

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

On 13/10/2017 at 7:38 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Sure not pushing the XMEN connection are they. Feel like people will pass over this until the next X-Men which comes out a year from now which I thought they were all finished with. Holy cow!3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men:_Dark_Phoenix

I think a big reason people will pass it over is from too many similar things being brought out recently like inhumans, the gifted..etc  seems like it's all just regurgitated ideas being repacked to seem different.

RE The Dark Phoenix, I was not a fan of X-Men the Last Stand but its nice to know they are playing it that the events of Days of Future Past erased that whole movie from ever happening (wish it could have done so with a few other movies lol) and obviously they showed a glimpse of the phoenix at the end of X-Men Apocalypse, I just hope they soup her up better than a moody Jean Grey who looks like she has menstrual rage...

I seem to remember the Phoenix taking on a different form,  but maybe I'm thinking of the entity once it left Jean Grey

Image result for marvel comic cards 1992 phoenix

On 10/15/2017 at 7:47 AM, Taynted_Fayth said:

I think a big reason people will pass it over is from too many similar things being brought out recently like inhumans, the gifted..etc  seems like it's all just regurgitated ideas being repacked to seem different.

RE The Dark Phoenix, I was not a fan of X-Men the Last Stand but its nice to know they are playing it that the events of Days of Future Past erased that whole movie from ever happening (wish it could have done so with a few other movies lol) and obviously they showed a glimpse of the phoenix at the end of X-Men Apocalypse, I just hope they soup her up better than a moody Jean Grey who looks like she has menstrual rage...

I seem to remember the Phoenix taking on a different form,  but maybe I'm thinking of the entity once it left Jean Grey

Image result for marvel comic cards 1992 phoenix

Just FYI that's Rachel Summers in that picture, future daughter of Scott and Jean from a different timeline.

I'm with you on the Last Stand.  It was crap.  But then, so was Apocalypse. 

One other thing, the New Mutants movie is supposed to be a horror film, which should be obvious from the trailer.  Not sure I really like it or what.  I would have liked to see Rahne change into Wolfsbane just for a big surprise in the trailer but I was disappointed.  Warlock is supposed to be in the movie as well...didn't see his techno body anywhere though.

10 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

meh, GL should have been a part of the cast anyways (as well as the Martian Manhunter) over Cyborg at least. Seems kind of dumb to have this movie and not include the a couple of the original 7 members (Superman, Batman, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, GL and MM) yet include a later member once the Justice League expanded

38 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Always thought Harding got a raw deal out of the whole thing.

if she had nothing to do with her bf's attack, then yes.  She was vilified.  She plead gullty to hindering prosecution.  But US Figure Skating investigated and found that she knew of the attack beforehand.  if so, she got off easy.  Her account is she was threatened at gun point by her husband after being gang raped.  if that's true, she was absolutely another victim.

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

if she had nothing to do with her bf's attack, then yes.  She was vilified.  She plead gullty to hindering prosecution.  But US Figure Skating investigated and found that she knew of the attack beforehand.  if so, she got off easy.  Her account is she was threatened at gun point by her husband after being gang raped.  if that's true, she was absolutely another victim.

never heard that account of the story before.  if true, thats brutal.