Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

15 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I think we have a new middle-aged action hero in Antonio Banderas in Acts of Vengeance. The movie is totally B but actors in their 20s would find it tough to move as quick as Antonio.

He was looking pretty old in The Expendables 3 but they seemed to make it a point of focus on his agility. I think they tried to sell him as an action hero earlier in his career (Desperado, Zorro) but there's no way he could compete with already established action stars and at a time those kind of movies were in a bit of a lull. Wasn't until around the mid 2000's action movies starred getting big again and it opened the door for guys like Jason Statham and The Rock more recently.  

Plus i think there's a bit of a bias towards people of different ethnicities.  Personally I thought Desperado was a kick ass movie and should have blew the door open for him but he followed up with horrible **** like the 13th warrior where he played a persian warrior then a ton of kids stuff like spy kids,  shrek movies..etc whatever "action" promise he had at the time was totally flushed down the john

9 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

He was looking pretty old in The Expendables 3 but they seemed to make it a point of focus on his agility. I think they tried to sell him as an action hero earlier in his career (Desperado, Zorro) but there's no way he could compete with already established action stars and at a time those kind of movies were in a bit of a lull. Wasn't until around the mid 2000's action movies starred getting big again and it opened the door for guys like Jason Statham and The Rock more recently.  

Plus i think there's a bit of a bias towards people of different ethnicities.  Personally I thought Desperado was a kick ass movie and should have blew the door open for him but he followed up with horrible **** like the 13th warrior where he played a persian warrior then a ton of kids stuff like spy kids,  shrek movies..etc whatever "action" promise he had at the time was totally flushed down the john

I loved him in both Desperado and Zorro.  Although the follow up to both movies were a letdown.  I personally enjoyed 13th Warrior despite all of its flaws regarding history.  Although I haven't watched it in a very long time.

4 hours ago, Logan007 said:

I loved him in both Desperado and Zorro.  Although the follow up to both movies were a letdown.  I personally enjoyed 13th Warrior despite all of its flaws regarding history.  Although I haven't watched it in a very long time.

Based on a true story that Crichton made into a book.

50 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Interesting that Kennedy confirms they are looking at more stories with the new characters like Rey and Poe (interestingly she didnt mention Kylo).  She always said the Saga was the story of the Skywalkers.  So...would further adventures of these characters amount to spin offs and NOT a 4th trilogy?  I would think so.  But the Saga is the bigger money machine...hard to ignore that. 

Also, how do you effectively end this trilogy while leaving open adventures for these characters to go on?  They have to be careful.

I definitely think they can fill in gaps effectively.  Obi-Wan film, for example.

15 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Tarantino’s 9th film details.... no surprise, this will be his first that isn’t in collaboration with the Weinstein Company.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/11/quentin-tarantino-ninth-movie-script-finished-studio-harvey-weinstein-1201893450/

Manson Family murders and is similar in style to Pulp Fiction.  Hmmm, could be really interesting.  I generally love QT but havent really loved his last couple efforts.  Nothing beats Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Manson Family murders and is similar in style to Pulp Fiction.  Hmmm, could be really interesting.  I generally love QT but havent really loved his last couple efforts.  Nothing beats Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill.

in style to Pulp Fiction? Just about everything hes done since PF has felt and looked like PF.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Thought this sounded ridiculous but the trailer is good!

Downsizing looks bad.

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

He's done the fake blood overuse thing for two in a roll now and with the Manson thing...

Looks like he's leaving his sci-fi to the end.

Im hoping the Manson story is a more grounded one.  I think QT has gotten a bit too absurd.  Hes such a good film maker and amazing at dialogue though.  A little known fact is he did an uncredited script polish of Crimson Tide (and you can tell by the great dialogue).

We saw Thor this weekend, too.....it was solid. It was almost *too* funny at times. Was sort of off-putting because he's always been a more serious character...felt like a totally different character in this movie. But it was entertaining for sure. Still way too much space stuff for me...felt a lot like Guardians of the Galaxy. The brief scenes they had on earth were the best ones...

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

We saw Thor this weekend, too.....it was solid. It was almost *too* funny at times. Was sort of off-putting because he's always been a more serious character...felt like a totally different character in this movie. But it was entertaining for sure. Still way too much space stuff for me...felt a lot like Guardians of the Galaxy. The brief scenes they had on earth were the best ones...

Agreed.  I thought it was too hokey for Thor in certain parts.  It got better in the second half at least.  Overall good.  Nothing fantastic.  Pretty funny.  Seemed a tad all over the place though.  They could have made that movie a two parter.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

yeah its his head on someones body isnt it?  There was another pic of him side by side Dolph from Rocky IV and he still looked like the perfect "son" of Dolph.  But can he act?

could dolph? lol