Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

15 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Seems odd. Original story. Original characters. And takes place in a different galaxy. So what relates it to Star Wars?

It doesn't take place in a different galaxy.  It takes place in " a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored".  That just means that there will be new planets involved that we haven't heard of before.  Doesn't mean the Empire was never in that corner, or that there won't be any Jedi.

2 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

It doesn't take place in a different galaxy.  It takes place in " a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored".  That just means that there will be new planets involved that we haven't heard of before.  Doesn't mean the Empire was never in that corner, or that there won't be any Jedi.

Okay, thats better. One story said a new galaxy.  I guess this answers how they'd continue after the current trilogy.  Kennedy always said the "saga" was about the Skywalkers so until you were keeping Luke around, you cant really do another Saga trilogy.  So they'll create a new one.

On 11/11/2017 at 6:17 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Powerful woman using that power to squeeze out a POS man.   I’m thinking Warner will side with Gal on this one  

Ok, I saw this.  Is Ratner a producer, because I don't know what his involvement is in the DC movies.

LOL...of course the DC fanboys would do something like this.  Heaven forbid they blame Zack Snyder on doing a horrible job with the first two movies.  Gotta have a scapegoat I guess.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/justice-league/news/a843204/joss-whedon-steppenwolf-justice-league-twitter-mistake-criticism/

Man, DC is a bag of ****. Of course Justice League sucks....I honestly believe DC hasn't made a movie as good as Marvel's worst one. I know everyone gets all hot and bothered over Wonder Woman because #GirlPower, and that's all well and good....but man I didn't like that movie. So boring....it was like Captain America 1, but really really boring. 

If we can all agree that the worst Marvel movie so far is Thor 2, then I'd put Wonder Woman somewhere around there...

11 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Man, DC is a bag of ****. Of course Justice League sucks....I honestly believe DC hasn't made a movie as good as Marvel's worst one. I know everyone gets all hot and bothered over Wonder Woman because #GirlPower, and that's all well and good....but man I didn't like that movie. So boring....it was like Captain America 1, but really really boring. 

If we can all agree that the worst Marvel movie so far is Thor 2, then I'd put Wonder Woman somewhere around there...

People dont like Wonder Woman because of girl power.   They like it because it was good.  Was it great? Nah.  Was it good?  Absolutely.  What made it better was Gal Gadot is the best thing to happen to the DC film franchise in forever.  But you're entitled to your opinion.

DC had a fine franchise built around Nolan's Batman, which itself was not perfect but far better than Man of Steel, BvS, Suicide Squad and very different from Marvel too.  But they handed the keys to a guy that just didnt have it, Snyder.  Man of Steel was terrible.  BvS was terrible UNTIL WW showed up.  She was literally the best thing about that movie.

Ill see Justice League this weekend and if its even remotely decent, Ill give them a slight pass because of Snyder's family tragedy and Wedon having to finish the movie. 

I think DC's focus from the beginning was stupid.  Marvel got it right because of 1) Robert Downey Jr being amazing in Iron Man and 2) taking time to build up to the Avengers.   By doing that they gave us a chance to care about each character and let us take in the over-arching story that was slowly coming into view.  It built anticipation.  When Avengers came and was really good, it was good on its own but what helped was that we knew the characters already so we didnt need to get to know them.

DC wanted to catch up to Marvel for some reason and I really feel that was wrong.  Because I think Marvel might experience some fatigue soon and especially as it moves onto new characters,  There was sort of an innocence about those early Marvel films.  DC should have been happy to start the same way and take years to build to Justice League.  They could have attracted fans that missed the simpler times of the early Marvel days.

I like Ben Affleck as Batman.  But it was a weird casting choice.  They claimed they wanted an older Batman when Affleck is only two years older than Bale and arguably looks younger.  He's already had trouble staying in shape and has seemingly grown tired of the role.  They didnt want to pay Bale.  Using Bruce Wayne in the tony Stark role would have made sense.

Anyway, my two cents...