Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

18 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I don't know if this will be a tv movie or theatrical....but then again theatrical didn't work for Entourage

http://tvline.com/2018/03/08/the-sopranos-revival-prequel-film-david-chase-movie/

I always thought this prequel idea would be great!  I hope they expand it to a series.  The flashbacks to Tony's dad and a young Junior were awesome.

On 3/8/2018 at 11:50 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

Too bad I really liked khaleesi and pops in the previous one. If they hadnt shown too much in teasers, and gotten dumb with the twist itd a been one of the best in the series under t2. 

On 3/6/2018 at 8:07 AM, Logan007 said:

It better have michael rooker. 

looks like Nicolas cage is finally going to play Superman.....in the worst possible animated film....at least to most people, I never sat through an episode of Teen Titans Go in my life, and I don't really intend to start now

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/415282002?__twitter_impression=true

yes I am well aware that he was cast in scrapped Tim Burton directed Superman Lives

21 minutes ago, iHeart said:

looks like Nicolas cage is finally going to play Superman.....in the worst possible animated film....at least to most people, I never sat through an episode of Teen Titans Go in my life, and I don't really intend to start now

yes I am well aware that he was cast in scrapped Tim Burton directed Superman Lives

Thing about Teen Titans Go is that it's not even a superhero show. Yes, the Teen Titans are in it but it's about their (ridiculous) day-to-day lives and not about being superheroes. 

I'll pass on the movie too. 

I mean, don't get me wrong, I do like pie. 

Edited by JCon

21 minutes ago, iHeart said:

And Cage named his son Kal-El. 

51 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Teen Titans Go is the worst.  The give off the worst messages to kids and do the stupidest things just for laughs.  This show lowers IQ points.  It saddens me that they've stooped so low for ratings.

and it's bad enough that the show is on constant repeat

On 3/13/2018 at 3:48 PM, Logan007 said:

Teen Titans Go is the worst.  The give off the worst messages to kids and do the stupidest things just for laughs.  This show lowers IQ points.  It saddens me that they've stooped so low for ratings.

sounds like it fits the dccu (sans WW) pretty well of late. 

Hows this for good work if you can get it.  Wall Street Journal did a story on The Rock negotiating for a role in an upcoming film "Red Notice" and saying the terms are $21 million salary plus $1 million bonus for heavy social media promotion plus a cut of the back end of either 30% of profits or or $1 million for every $25 million it does over $400 million.

The story notes that pay like that is becoming rarer than it used to be with studios relying on franchises to draw viewers as opposed to individual actors.   Any wonder why WWE has an almost impossible task of getting Rock to wrestle again?

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The Rock has been a movie star for so long it's time to stop even considering him a wrestler. Why would he take that risk? Why put his body through that? 

Well thats the issue.  It wasnt that long ago he wrestled, WM 29.  They wanted him for the Ronda match.  He did that segment with Ronda and Hunter/Steph at WM 31 with the idea they'd do the tag match at WM 32.  But it didnt work out (UFC wouldnt let Ronda do it even if Rock could make it work). 

They really wanted Rock this year.  Rock loves wrestling.  He didnt need to do any of the appearances or matches he's done for years.  Pays him a lot less.  But he loves it and always said he'd never leave it fully.  He tries to "give back".  But he got hurt during his last match with Cena and it post-poned filming on one of his movies so the studio was not happy and it made it extremely difficult to get insurance.  So basically, to wrestle, he needs to clear his schedule from probably January to May (and then take out very expensive insurance to cover a serious injury).  And its just tough financially for him to do it.

I would suspect he'd appear at WM though, in a promo segment or something like last year where he just lays someone out.

Angle was the back up plan in case Rock couldnt do the match.  I think Angle makes more sense.  Rock and Ronda have the same PR firm or something so they know each other pretty well.