Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I'm not surprised Transformers is not doing well,  those movies have been pretty bad. If it wasn't for the extra money they make in Toys, clothing, games...etc they would have/should have put this franchise on ice after revenge of the fallen

Still made $15M on the first day.

It's not doing as well as other Transformer movies but its still bringing people in.

This is remarkable to me. That has been a horrible series. I've had to watch two of those messes. No redeeming qualities.

5 hours ago, JCon said:

Still made $15M on the first day.

It's not doing as well as other Transformer movies but its still bringing people in.

This is remarkable to me. That has been a horrible series. I've had to watch two of those messes. No redeeming qualities.

I actually enjoyed the first Transformers as a dumb blockbuster but after that it was just horrible. They took the worst parts of the first (of which there were many) and turned it up to 11. 

so I bit the bullet and went and watched Transformers: The Last knight tonight....

Over all it was far from the worst of the franchise today, I thought it was probably 2nd best of them. It had some good humor that worked well in it, a lot of plot holes and things that didn't make any sense, and the ending dragged on quite a while. It seemed like they filmed a lot of stuff then kind of put together a bunch of stuff without really taking the time to fix it. I think this is a case where less could have = more. Not having a lot of the unnecessary stuff could have probably made this movie a lot better.

It definitely didn't deserve a negative rating but I'd likely only give it about a 2 or 2.5/5 tops. 

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

12 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

so I bit the bullet and went and watched Transformers: The Last knight tonight....

Over all it was far from the worst of the franchise today, I thought it was probably 2nd best of them. It had some good humor that worked well in it, a lot of plot holes and things that didn't make any sense, and the ending dragged on quite a while. It seemed like they filmed a lot of stuff then kind of put together a bunch of stuff without really taking the time to fix it. I think this is a case where less could have = more. Not having a lot of the unnecessary stuff could have probably made this movie a lot better.

It definitely didn't deserve a negative rating but I'd likely only give it about a 2 or 2.5/5 tops. 

Damning with faint praise. 

18 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

More details on the Han Solo issues.  Supposedly the directors were far too slow.  And there were concerns with the lead to the extent they hired an on-set acting coach for him (uh oh).  But the feeling is his issues might be more related to the directors who would yell out improvised lines during scenes.

That's probably why he spoke to Kathleen Kennedy on this matter.  These two buffoons didn't know what they were doing and wanted to turn this into some rinky dink comedy.  Alden Ehrenreich is a pretty good actor.  I wonder if they hired an acting coach because he doesn't do stupid comedies like Tatum.

1 minute ago, Logan007 said:

That's probably why he spoke to Kathleen Kennedy on this matter.  These two buffoons didn't know what they were doing and wanted to turn this into some rinky dink comedy.  Alden Ehrenreich is a pretty good actor.  I wonder if they hired an acting coach because he doesn't do stupid comedies like Tatum.

And the story was, the first flag was raised by Ehrenreich to a producer.  It sounds like he had trouble with the ad libbing and what not.  He was prepared for the script and that days scenes and then these guys are yelling out different lines. 

Ron Howard is good enough to pull it all together.  I have little doubt a script by Kasdan will be good.  With Howard running the show, it should pull together nicely.  One thing about Howard, when you watch Apollo 13, you know exactly how it ends and he built suspense and doubt in your mind.  Really good film maker.

19 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

More details on the Han Solo issues.  Supposedly the directors were far too slow.  And there were concerns with the lead to the extent they hired an on-set acting coach for him (uh oh).  But the feeling is his issues might be more related to the directors who would yell out improvised lines during scenes.

I enjoyed the first 2 a lot....I'm a big South Park guy, so Trey Parker voicing the new villain is right up my alley, as well....definitely stoked for this. Might take the niece and nephew to it next week while I'm home on vacay...

• 2 weeks later...

Went and checked out Spider Man Homecoming tonight with my son. Best Spider Man to date (even better than spider man 2).  Super funny. I had my reservations about Holland playing Peter Parker but he nails it. A couple things I didn't care for but overall a great new re-introduction to the character. Highly recommend seeing it

14 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Went and checked out Spider Man Homecoming tonight with my son. Best Spider Man to date (even better than spider man 2).  Super funny. I had my reservations about Holland playing Peter Parker but he nails it. A couple things I didn't care for but overall a great new re-introduction to the character. Highly recommend seeing it

Marvel movies have to be funny, its part of their thing.

Heresy about SM2 though.

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Marvel movies have to be funny, its part of their thing.

Heresy about SM2 though.

it was that good. I think they did well incorporating the previous Avengers/Captain America/Iron Man movies into this to really get the ball rolling at a good pace and no need for the whole "Origin" thing again.  I know I didn't initially like the vulture mechanical suit but it works and how these villains and other future villains come to get their equipment has a fresh new take vs. it always being Oscorp R & D pumping it out. 

I'm trying to debunk this batman trailer cuz I saw for a moment will smith in it, and a lot of the joker scenes looked like suicide squad. IMDB only has 4 people listed in the cast though;

Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Joe Manganiello as Slade Wilson/Deathstroke, J.K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon and Jeremy Irons as Alfred

It seems like some of it is accurate though, this is a shot of Deathstroke off imdb

MV5BMWQzMThiN2MtNWQ4MS00YjViLWJiNWYtYmMzNjIwNTFlOGUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc2NDM1MzA@._V1_.jpg

and it does show Manganiello without the suit on and the eye patch.  But i'm thinking a lot of this was filler added in just to make the trailer seem legit

Didnt they film a brief "concept" trailer with Deathstroke?  For fun...if I recall?

Remember, the director (Affleck) left the project (he's still staring but not directing or writing) so Deathstroke may not even be in it anymore.

Personally, if they are serious about a Nightwing film, Deathstroke should be HIS villain, not Batman's.