Bombers were close to signing Marcus Ball

Could be wrong, thought he was a divisional all-star during one of his Argo years.

Nope, he was not.  Thanks Google Obama.

Good to hear we're still chasing after every potential impact player out there.  Getting better has no finish line.

Could be wrong, thought he was a divisional all-star during one of his Argo years.

Good to hear we're still chasing after every potential impact player out there.  Getting better has no finish line.

What does the Empty Suit aka Obama have to do with this?

Ball would not come cheap, Walters has to watch his salary cap or he will end up paying tomorrow for today's hamburger.  Following Brendan Taman's footsteps could lead to places one does not wish to visit.....like Regina.

Ball would not come cheap, Walters has to watch his salary cap or he will end up paying tomorrow for today's hamburger.  Following Brendan Taman's footsteps could lead to places one does not wish to visit.....like Regina.

I get what you're saying, but sitting around on a 5 year plan gets you a trip to Regina as well....in a losing effort. I like that we are all in. It's about damn time.

Are we really all in? I think its more so the team just is finally starting to open the bank like nearly every other team league have been for the last many years.

Are we really all in? I think its more so the team just is finally starting to open the bank like nearly every other team league have been for the last many years.

You may be right. However, that is a big improvement over what was. I look forward to Walters having difficult cap decisions to make next offseason. It means we maxed out.

All in goes beyond money.  He's going after talented players with max aggression.  Money is the side-effect of pursuing a player everyone wants.  We're a day away from rookie camp kicking off and he's still trying to find better players than the ones he's already recruited.  He's all in because he doesn't have a finish line for getting better.  We could have gone into camp with the roster we already have and no one would have mentioned that he didn't try to sign Ball.  In hockey parlance, he's not taking any shifts off.

All in goes beyond money.  He's going after talented players with max aggression.  Money is the side-effect of pursuing a player everyone wants.  We're a day away from rookie camp kicking off and he's still trying to find better players than the ones he's already recruited.  He's all in because he doesn't have a finish line for getting better.  We could have gone into camp with the roster we already have and no one would have mentioned that he didn't try to sign Ball.  In hockey parlance, he's not taking any shifts off.

That's right.

I do agree.

As soon as you sign the guy you want...you immediately start looking for a better replacement.

I love the quantum shift in organizational attitude. The "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead" mindset has to translate down to the field where players know that the effort they put out and pain they endure will not be for naught, and they had better put out or be replaced. The difference between winning and losing is often confidence, and if the players know that all the stops have been pulled out with going to the Grey Cup as as assumption, everybody wins, fans, management and players alike.