So much for the theory...

Mark H.

Lots of optimism after this win .. but honestly .. it should be tempered somewhat .. while Willy and company put in a solid effort and I won't take anything away from it (and hell yes I'll bask in the warm glow of the win for awhile) .. I'd be very worried if we couldn't move the ball against them as BC is near the bottom of almost every defensive category (and they haven't proven to be offensive juggernauts this season either).

Good win.  It's 2 points in the standings.  I will definitely enjoy it.

I think the discussion is maybe not less after a win, but just different. It's easier to talk about the positives and negatives of the game because there are less people here that are interested in yelling at the top of their lungs. Less rants about 25 year Cup droughts and firing all the coaches.

I know after a loss I tend to comment less because there's less discussion and just more shouting.

I think the discussion is maybe not less after a win, but just different. It's easier to talk about the positives and negatives of the game because there are less people here that are interested in yelling at the top of their lungs. Less rants about 25 year Cup droughts and firing all the coaches.

I know after a loss I tend to comment less because there's less discussion and just more shouting.

Right on the nose.  Signal to noise ratio is way down after a win .. there's a lot of folks who ONLY want to be heard when we struggle .. and at that point, there's so much misplaced criticism and frustration that it's not constructive or conducive to having a conversation.  Happens though when you have a fan base that's suffered for as long as we have.

Yet those who always crap on the team after a loss are nowhere to be found.

One would almost think you, then, being the amazing fans that you are, would actually discuss football and not other fans.

They may only come to crap on the team after losses... but you seem to crap on them win or lose. :-)

Lots of optimism after this win .. but honestly .. it should be tempered somewhat .. while Willy and company put in a solid effort and I won't take anything away from it (and hell yes I'll bask in the warm glow of the win for awhile) .. I'd be very worried if we couldn't move the ball against them as BC is near the bottom of almost every defensive category (and they haven't proven to be offensive juggernauts this season either).

Have to enjoy it while you can, Hamilton is the next stop on the roller-coaster ride.

BC sucks! BC Sucks! BC Sucks!

Case in point, I pull into the Mr. Mike's in Chilliwack at 5:30 pm yesterday (7:30 pm Winnipeg time) to watch a bit of the game on the way home to Kelowna from Vancouver, and they have the stinking Blue Jay game on in the lounge.  So then I say "can you change it to the Lion's game please?" and the staff all look at me stunned, in that they not only don't know there is a game on, but have no clue who the Lions are.  Finally, they changed over a few TV's to TSN, (after I had to explain that I wanted the "CFL football" option that was coming up on the guide), to the complaints of some old fogies who were watching the Jays, to which I told them to stick it, as they still had plenty of TV's to watch their precious Jays.  Anyway, BC sucks.  That's my point.

Have to enjoy it while you can, Hamilton is the next stop on the roller-coaster ride.

I think we match up well against Hamilton. It'll be a much better game than the first go-around.

I'm really looking forward to next weekend!

I think we match up well against Hamilton. It'll be a much better game than the first go-around.

All depends on whether a certain Willy remains upright.  How about that - that was my 4,000th post!

All depends on whether a certain Willy remains upright.

Hmmm - you just forced me to think of other upright Willys. 

Hey, we haven't played in that High School stadium yet. Maybe we'll do to them what they did to our new place :)

If we've learned anything this season, it's that we're never out of a game as long as DW is in there. If the OL keeps him upright, no question we can give Ham a run. **** Angry Kent Austin and that entire crew...let's even up that season series.....

We don't match up well against Hamilton or Edmonton.  They both bring tons of pressure in waves from lots of different angles and confuse the offense. It will take a really great game to beat either team or a breakdown from them IMO.

Yes, however what gives me hope is last night's game showed we do indeed have the ability to defend that pressure with hitches, screens, quick hits, counters etc

We stll gave up 4 sacks to the lowest sack team in the league, last night.    We also will see if we have a D package to deal with ZC, who has owned us, so far this year.

I'd settle for not giving up first downs simply because we're playing a VERY soft zone ..

We stll gave up 4 sacks to the lowest sack team in the league, last night.    We also will see if we have a D package to deal with ZC, who has owned us, so far this year.

I get nervous when Willy steps up into the pocket to buy time with D-linemen swirling around him within an arms length like a tornado.  He was sacked at least twice on that play last night and he has to realize that the ball needs to be released at the same moment that he steps forward.

I get nervous when Willy steps up into the pocket to buy time with D-linemen swirling around him within an arms length like a tornado.  He was sacked at least twice on that play last night and he has to realize that the ball needs to be released at the same moment that he steps forward.

he also is still locking on to his first read too much.  I recall there was a one play where it was second and five and Willy zoned in on Denmark from the snap, ignoring Marshall in the flat who was all alone.  Instead Willy tried to thread it in to Denmark, who had no chance of catching it.  O'Shea then wasted everyone's time with a coach's challenge for PI that was no where close to PI.  I am really beginning to hate that challenge option.