Rumour: CJOB Giving Up Radio Rights To 1290 TSN Radio.

iso_55

Over on Our Bombers a poster says a source close to him claims that CJOB will be selling the Blue Bomber radio rights to 1290TSN. That Bob Irving has been offered PBP but turned it down & will retire immediately. Supposedly he claims a news conference will be called today at 2pm with the announcement. I'm just passing the info on here because if true, it's a shocker.

I hope it doesn't change the way the TSN guys can express their opinion but I'm afraid it will. Right now if they think Brohm sucks they can say it, and they do.

They still rip the Jets so I wouldn't worry about that, if this rumour was true, which I do not believe it is.

Was there not some **** disturbing dummy who posted the same thing here a couple of months ago?

Followed shortly by the ban hammer?

I hope it doesn't change the way the TSN guys can express their opinion but I'm afraid it will. Right now if they think Brohm sucks they can say it, and they do.

They still rip the Jets so I wouldn't worry about that, if this rumour was true, which I do not believe it is.

Was there not some **** disturbing dummy who posted the same thing here a couple of months ago?

Followed shortly by the ban hammer?

Yup.

http://morningbigblue.com/community/topic/7178-report-cjob-to-lose-radio-rights-real-story/

I would not surprise me at all. I use to like the station but some of the pain they have brought upon themselves. I use to watch the game on TSN and listen to Irvin on the radio on away games. Now they don't even try to be within reason on the sync. As for the Coach's show, it's really only a program of commercials interrupted by a few short calls. 

Just like when the CBC lost a whack of funding professional sports was one of the first things to go.

I don't believe it.

If the station is staying on the air, (it will) and if they make money from the bombers rights, they'll keep them.

ancillary question are the Bombers happy with the CJOB coverage?

the cheapness of not taking Doug Brown to away games annoys me.  that's tight.

I'm not interested in hearing what a retired Olineman in another city has to say about the Bombers.

No doubt things are changing in radio and tv.

This is pure Tuscaloosa Blue garbage being spewed. What shocked me the most in this thread is that people are still posting at OB. Haven't been there in over a year and at that time there was literally zero activity in the last month. Good on Colin for paying attention to it and trying to revive it. The more Bomber forums the better. Each one provides a different kind of forum experience. Just too bad Tuscaloosa found a new home. The inner conspiracist in me thinks he is MIgs just trying to mess around with Bomber fans. Doubt it's true, but his trolling is sure similar in style.

thought we'd killed that evil place off... don't make me come back over there, Colin...

lol jk, i wouldn't waste my time in that backwater hole

I assume Garth signed a great deal in favour of the Bombers before he went there so you never know, it might not be the most favourable deal for the club.

If they want to gut their sports department but can't because of their commitment to the Bonbers....

I still can't see them "selling" the rights at all. I assume TSN would be interested upon expiry of the contract though.