Blue Jays

nate007

Anyone else following them as intently as I am right now? They are on fire after the trade deadline moves.

I'm a little concerned that AA left the minor league pitching cupboards a little too bare, especially with the Price trade. Even though they gave up the guys with the highest potential in Hoffman and Castro, I think the return was worth it, since Reyes had regressed so quickly. In getting Price though, AA gave up a couple of guys who would likely have been solid starters in a year or two in exchange for a rental. A very good rental, but a rental none the less. Without the Price move, I'm not sure if the Tulo and Revere moves alone would have provided the morale boost and buzz that we're seeing now that could propel them into the playoffs.

The positive thing is that we have most of our current position players returning next year, which will ensure very good defensive play and offensive continuity, but it will be a challenge to pull together a complete starting rotation and bullpen without being pretty active in free agency. Pitchers currently on the roster who they have no control over include Estrada, Buhrle, Price, Hawkins, and Lowe.

jays made some nice pick ups this offseason, and finally nice deadline aquisitions. for years ive thrown my hands up in the air at AAs joe mack like approach to trade deadline, i think he just saved his job tbh by being active (and getting rid of reyes too lol).  the fact the jays are playing lights out ball right is proof of what they've been failing on year after year.  hot spring, early contention, no all star break moves and they get gased n fall off the map.  not this year *knock on wood*

I think they still need to find a closer.  is papelbon still on the market? - yuck i feel sick saying that i hated that guy for years with the red socks

With Dave Dumbrowski on the market, not sure how long AAs job will be safe. We'll see. If Dumbrowski takes the vacant Pres job in Toronto (as many believe will happen), he may well take the GM role, too, if they don't win it all and the farm stays completely bare (after AA got rid of everyone of value)

With Dave Dumbrowski on the market, not sure how long AAs job will be safe. We'll see. If Dumbrowski takes the vacant Pres job in Toronto (as many believe will happen), he may well take the GM role, too, if they don't win it all and the farm stays completely bare (after AA got rid of everyone of value)

AA will be fine if the Jays make the playoffs.  He doesn't have to win the world series or even make it to the series for that matter.  The farm is not completely bare either.  They still have some very good prospects including a top-50 one in Dalton Pompey.  

When AA traded several top prospects in 2012 to the Marlins and the Mets, the Jays prospect pool dropped from top-5 in the league to bottom-10.  Within two years, he had the prospect pool back in the top-10 in MLB.  The one thing AA is consistent at is good drafting.

If Dombrowski ends up with the Jays it will most likely be as President with AA remaining in charge as GM.

jays made some nice pick ups this offseason, and finally nice deadline aquisitions. for years ive thrown my hands up in the air at AAs joe mack like approach to trade deadline, i think he just saved his job tbh by being active (and getting rid of reyes too lol).  the fact the jays are playing lights out ball right is proof of what they've been failing on year after year.  hot spring, early contention, no all star break moves and they get gased n fall off the map.  not this year *knock on wood*

I think they still need to find a closer.  is papelbon still on the market? - yuck i feel sick saying that i hated that guy for years with the red socks

Osuna and Sanchez have been really good. Both have nasty stuff. Osuna has been playing pro ball since he was 16 so I don't think he is going to crack under the pressure.

Yeah, while I'm a baseball fan, for sure, it can still be hard to care a lot when the season is SO long, and Canada's team is doing so poorly. Then all of a sudden they buy a really great team and there's all this buzz....I actually wanna watch every single inning of every single game. Fever is right...

Lucky enuf to see the BJ's win their 2 but I just dont follow MLB. No salary cap just means the same teams get in over n over. Which teams? The ones that spend 200m each year.

not entirely true, the yankees always spend big and might be a perennial powerhouse, it hasnt translated to world series wins as much as it should - only winning once since juggernaught last 90's and 2000.   teams like st. louis, and san fran however are also constant contenders but i think the jays are modelling more like them, strong drafting,  good depth and this year anyways, aquiring some top talent when it presents itself.  im still amazed they got donaldson in the offseason

The Donaldson trade was huge. The Jays have arguably the best third baseman and the best shortstop in baseball. Their right fielder and catcher are easily in the top five at their positions, and their center fielder is probably going to win a gold glove this year. None of their other positions are particularly weak either. They are a very fun team to watch right now.

im not overly confident we'll surpass KC but 1st in the AL east good enough. series against NY in a few days even more must watch now because we can really help ourselves putting distance.

i was just reading Beeston and AA's contracts are up before the World series would be over,  let em walk or extend? for how long?  im thinking AA being 38 has sooo much time and room to keep growing, id easily give him at least a 5 year extention

Lucky enuf to see the BJ's win their 2 but I just dont follow MLB. No salary cap just means the same teams get in over n over. Which teams? The ones that spend 200m each year.

Top payroll teams have an advantage but the team's that have been to the World Series recently middling or lower payrolls.in MLB ie. Texas, San Francisco, St Louis, Kansas City

This love affair with the Jays is getting nauseating. Turning into Rider like levels of proportions.

It's only because it's literally Canada's team.....it's all we've got! For me, it's not even about baseball....as with most things (for me) it's all about national pride!

This love affair with the Jays is getting nauseating. Turning into Rider like levels of proportions.

It's only because it's literally Canada's team.....it's all we've got! For me, it's not even about baseball....as with most things (for me) it's all about national pride!

At some point this weekend the EXPOS jersey is going on with pride.

hashtagneverforget

hashtagweloveyouwoodyfryman