Blue Jays

nate007

He has dealt with this his whole career this year he was not able to manage it. They screw up removing the 1/3 of nail causing it split his next start. Then when he go at back when his finger tip was lacerated hardly because of previous years innings. https://tipofthetower.com/2017/05/21/toronto-blue-jays-aaron-sanchez-injury-news-2/

On 5/31/2017 at 7:30 PM, Jpan85 said:

He has dealt with this his whole career this year he was not able to manage it. They screw up removing the 1/3 of nail causing it split his next start. Then when he go at back when his finger tip was lacerated hardly because of previous years innings. https://tipofthetower.com/2017/05/21/toronto-blue-jays-aaron-sanchez-injury-news-2/

https://sports.vice.com/en_ca/article/twisted-blister-rich-hill-and-baseballs-biggest-little-injury

its a baseball wide issue. Heavy work load is a major contributing factor to them. Yes people who are pre disposed to them like sanchez seems to be obviously have more problems with them. But that, then work load. He had part of that finger nail removed to try and hedge the problem when he was tossing a fraction of the innings. A blister is caused by repetitive friction on the same spot. Higher work loads = higher friction. Not enough down time from last year to this year, also a factor. 

Sanchez in the pen would no doubt have significantly reduce issues with blisters. Its not worth giving up on him as a starter at this point ofc.  

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

hate to say it but with yet another loss like this...

Image result for stick a fork in them\

9.5 games back is a crazy large hole to try and dig out of. 

Both bo bichette and vlady jr named to the minor league all star game. I imagine at some point after that we finally see them promoted a level. Here is hoping we dont try to rush things an do another marlins/mets deal.

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

hate to say it but with yet another loss like this...

Image result for stick a fork in them\

Realistically they were out months ago. they're pitching has been a let down and they have had some injuries, and when Smoak is the best player on you team you are in trouble, sell off will begin soon and Gibby will be gone at the end of the year. I'm not a fan of the Blue Jays but the sooner they start to retool the better.

Rumors abound that the jays are preparing to become sellers. And even pre talk about interest in donaldson. If it wasnt for the dickey trade it would be a mild re tool around the best young group of pitching baseball has seen in a few years. Still its a very good young group of guys with some real mashers in the minors. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2017 at 8:32 PM, Jpan85 said:

Should of sold off in May when they had some value in some of the guys

I think you get more value the later you trade guys. So even anticipating a fire sale, its worth while to wait. Even if the arms struggle, teams will pay through the nose for pitching help for the stretch run when they know they are in the race. 

I think the question now is how deep do the jays cut. Bo is still off to a torrid pace in high A ball, but vlady jr has cooled off. Most of the minor league help is still a few years off.  Either cut deep, and take a multi year rebuild risking tons of attendance and tv money or cut shallow, maybe deal some low ball prospects for closer to mlb guys and try to be respectable next year. I expect it will be closer to the ladder, as this administration puts its stamp on the franchise.  

16 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Steve Pearce with his 2nd grand salami walk off in the past 3-4 games. I think i heard somewhere just getting his 2nd puts him in an elite list with 3 others to have ever done that, let alone done so close together

twice in a week, that is pretty rare indeed.  very cool club to be a part of.

21 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Steve Pearce with his 2nd grand salami walk off in the past 3-4 games. I think i heard somewhere just getting his 2nd puts him in an elite list with 3 others to have ever done that, let alone done so close together

indeed, 1 of 3 guys to hit 2 grand slam walk off game winning homers in recorded history. One was in the 80s, one was like 20s i think. crazy feat. 

Fire say lite has begun. Liriano dealt for norichika aoki a 35 year old middle in fielder and minor league prospect teoscar hernandez. 

Hernandez is a 24 years old, was ranked 9th in the system for houston. Hes a corner out fielder in AAA atm. Hes slashing 279/369/485 (854 OPS) 12 hrs 44 rbi 12 steals in 55 games. 

The jays previously dealt joe smith to the tribe for 2 prospects. LHP (starter) Thomas Pannone Started in low A and transitioned to high A ball. He is 23, has a combined record of 8-1 1.96 era 120 ks in 110 innings with 28 walks and works 90-91. And samad taylor a 19 year old 2b in rookie ball hitting 300/328/467 for a 795 ops. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...