Blue Jays

nate007

22 hours ago, do or die said:

Half the line up hitting below the Mendoza Line.....bullpen throwing gas on fires..........not a winning trend, alright.

ya pretty big let down start to the year. wonder if gibby makes it to the allstar game if the jays stay on this pace. 

Knew going from all the crazy hitters of the last few years to a more human line up would be tough this is worse then expected though. They really gotta get a lead off hitter, and start using line ups that flow like normal line ups. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2017 at 2:30 PM, bustamente said:

Think Shapiros plan all along was to blow it up and construct the team his way, let's see if the fans will go along for the ride, next few years could be very bleak.

... but at least bleak with hope, unlike now.

On 5/6/2017 at 2:34 AM, Jpan85 said:

The Blue Jays have the pieces to blow it proper they could be really competitive in 2-3 years. As long as they get a top 3 pick this year as in 2018 draft. Just take a look at what the Cubs did.

The way the young bats are performing in the system, combined with the relative youth of our pitching core they could easily turn it around in that time range. 

Vladdy JR looking like a chip off the old block, just crushing the minors. 

38 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

jays inching closer and closer to .500, nice sweep of the Mariners hopefully momentum continues against the braves.

I keep seeing this pic all over the place,  would make for a good "caption" photo

C_5mie-XsAAX8ub.jpg

"Ow my wallet"

he actually took less to leave too. 

better and better, jose seems to be warming up too

12 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

i think i jinxed them,  totally laying a stink nugget out on the field tonight.  I'll still give them credit,  for such an injury riddled team they've come a long way in shoring up their record. Can't wait for Donaldson and Tulo to be back

Sounds like Tulo is off the DL tomorrow and Martin on Thursday.

I have tickets for the game on the 26th. I'm hoping to see the stars!

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Donaldson back by the weekend says Gibby. Now, about all those starters missing... 

Imagine if we could get down to like 4 pitchers a game? :lol:

With donaldson and tulo back, if our starters can get deeper into games this team is gonna be a real threat.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Debate point: Should Biagini stay in the rotation when fully healthy? 

Im not a fan of that move. Hes just found success for him self, i dont think he played AAA, hes on the wrong side of 30, hes never thrown 150 innings in a year at any level, etc. You risk ruining a nice bullpen arm on a guy that wouldnt be reliable to throw 200 this year or next year. If  he was a young guy, with electric stuff like sanchez the switch makes sense. At worst you may lose a year and a half, then send him to the minors for half a year to get him ready again to be a reliever. That kind of time isnt projectable with his stuff, and at his age. 

Every team needs a bullpen, and every good team needs a good or great bullpen. In our current situation id go out and get a long reliever or two. Rotate them through AAA and the big club as needed. At this point I think liriano is close to becoming a long man, reliever or a loogy. So maybe move him to the pen, get another vet or AAAA long guy to go up and down, and trade for a back end starter. 

5 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Jays are a .500 team. The pressure of the fan base to not tear it down will lead to years of .500 results. This is the time to do it don't let athis little run fool anyone. 

Tear-downs are overrated.  I don't see the need in baseball for a tear-down.  You can build without blowing up your team.

6 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Jays are a .500 team. The pressure of the fan base to not tear it down will lead to years of .500 results. This is the time to do it don't let athis little run fool anyone. 

The injury riddled jays have dug back to .500 after half of april was an utter disaster. If they played .500 in april and stayed healthy wed be in great shape. 

I would be in favor of a build based around young MLBers. With in the donaldson and young pitchers window. Not a rebuild as in trading for blue chip high A ball prospects. Especially not trading guys like stro, sanchez etc. If they had been more patient and not tried to rush with the mega trades for vets a few years ago we would be the envy of the league.