U.S. Federal Election

Yeah the reason some of these politicans are calling him scary is because it's an easy stick on a guy that is anti establishment. Other politicians have scary extreme views. 

Celebrities are the dirt worst when it comes to politics. They think money and fame makes them insightful. It generally makes them out of touch. But they influence people who are naive which is unfortunate. 

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Is that directed at me? (You quoted my post).  Are you calling me an ******* for my post? lol  I didn't even really express an opinion (certainly not of Trump) other then simply theorizing that he wouldn't be able to blow up the world.

The President, as the most powerful man in the world, has less power and control over his nation than even the PM has of Canada.  The US has checks and balances.  No President since Truman has used Nukes.  The President is surrounded by advisors and administrators.  

When we disagree about policy, its within a reasonable framework of what a President can do.  I think where Trump would be potentially bad is in hurting relationships with other nations.  Sure he can do some stupid things like building walls and banning Muslims.  But odds are four years later every crazy thing he did would be reversed.

I think he would build the wall with Mexico.  I don't think he'd ban Muslims.  I think cooler heads would prevail.  I think he'd compromise by increasing security and vetting of Muslim immigrants.  He might direct federal law enforcement to work harder and digging into Muslim's and Mosques.  

The thing is, as many world leaders that are laughing or astonished right now, they'd all line up for their photo op with him. And he likely would be effective in some ways when it comes to negotiating certain things.  

But if he ever tried to do anything TOO insane, the backlash and resistance would overwhelm him.  If it came down to war, he needs Congress to authorize.  If it came down to the use of Nukes, he'd have resistance that might trigger a constitutional crises and his own removal from office.  Sure, he;d stack the cabinet with his own people but they will still be people with experience and not likely to be crazy.  And I believe it only takes a 2/3 majority of cabinet to declare the President unfit and remove him.

Trump's the *******. Why would I call you an *******? Why would you even think that?

10 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I definitely think people who dismissed trump were very wrong. I said that in this thread I believe, qute some time ago.  I was reading about his health care plan which actually would garner a lot of support. 

That was stolen apparently from Paul Ryan according to CNN. .

He's pro gun.  He's against same sex marriage and civil unions (which should disqualify him really).

Some things that are more opinion based but would "scare" some is he's very pro life.  Pro death penalty. 

He doesnt believe in the climate change craziness. 

He's an interesting cat.  Its hard to find someone that aligns with all views, I think for most people.  I'd actually like most of Cruz' views but the same sex stuff just drives me insane.  Not to mention pro guns.  He's tough on crime but support legalizing pot, which is interesting (and I agree with).

For the most part, all Americans are pro guns. 

As for Trump, he comes off as a spoiled child who if he doesn't get his way, starts throwing temper tantrums and calls people names.

I'm scared for the USA if Trump is elected president. 

34 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He's pro gun.  He's against same sex marriage and civil unions (which should disqualify him really).

Some things that are more opinion based but would "scare" some is he's very pro life.  Pro death penalty. 

He's an interesting cat.  Its hard to find someone that aligns with all views, I think for most people.  I'd actually like most of Cruz' views but the same sex stuff just drives me insane.  Not to mention pro guns.  He's tough on crime but support legalizing pot, which is interesting (and I agree with).

To me that all sounds great. Not a fan of legalizing pot.

What would be scary about being "pro gun".  That means he just supports the already-existing 2nd amendment. It's not like he's trying to flood the streets with more guns in criminals hands.

I guess if I made my living killing unborn babies I would be scared of someone like him. But those people should be scared, they're evil.

4 hours ago, max power said:

To me that all sounds great. Not a fan of legalizing pot.

What would be scary about being "pro gun".  That means he just supports the already-existing 2nd amendment. It's not like he's trying to flood the streets with more guns in criminals hands.

I guess if I made my living killing unborn babies I would be scared of someone like him. But those people should be scared, they're evil.

Much debate about the second amendment actually.  It's scary to see the ease at which people get guns and have someone not believe it's a problem. 

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He would be a Libertarian.

The chickens have truly come home to roost in the Republican hen house.....

For years this party has turned a pretty benign eye towards, and tolerated... all manner of religious fundamentalists, racists, gun nuts, war-mongers, corporate chiselers, and crypt o-fascists.

And now they are finally down to this - a choice between a circus act billionaire "man of the people" and the latest right-wing religious nut-bar.....to run for control of the only world superpower.

The so called Republican "mainstream" who are frantically decrying the current situation, simply need to take a look in the mirror. You reap what you sow.....

For years this party has turned a pretty benign eye towards, and tolerated... all manner of religious fundamentalists, racists, gun nuts, war-mongers, corporate chiselers, and crypt o-fascists.

And now they are finally down to this - a choice between a circus act billionaire "man of the people" and the latest right-wing religious nut-bar.....to run for control of the only world superpower.

The so called Republican "mainstream" who are frantically decrying the current situation, simply need to take a look in the mirror. You reap what you sow.....[[[

The so called Republican "mainstream" who are frantically decrying the current situation, simply need to take a look in the mirror. You reap what you sow.....

The so called Republican "mainstream" who are frantically decrying the current situation, simply need to take a look in the mirror. You reap what you sow.....f

The so called Republican "mainstream" who are frantically decrying the current situation, simply need to take a look in the mirror.

You reap what you sow.....

1 minute ago, do or die said:

The so called Republican "mainstream" who are frantically decrying the current situation, simply need to take a look in the mirror.

You reap what you sow.....

Very well said.

Do you think if it comes down to Trump and Clinton that a lot of "center" Republicans will vote Democrat?

Well here is an interesting parallel.....

One upon a time, there was a Republican convention, where folks like Jerry Fallwell and Pat Buchannan were allowed to run their mouths non-stop , and spew out an unhealthy mix of war-mongering, bigotry, ignorance and intolerance.....

From that point on, people of color, gays, Jews, and anyone from the middle 10-15 per-centers (who decide most US elections), with an IQ of say, over 65.....ran in droves to Clinton.  Bill Clinton, that is.

A knuckle sandwich slug-fest at a open convention between Trump and Cruz, would have the potential to be loud, shrill, classless......and a total and outright disgrace.   Hillary's arms await......

As far as center establishment Republicans.....and the anti-Trump barrage......be interesting to see how many walk the talk, and do anything to stop the Donald.  Need to keep in mind, that if anything, most Republicans hate Hillary, even more that Bill....

I think generally,  Clinton would smoke Trump.  I think fence sitters and some republicans will hold their nose and vote Democrat.  But Trump could generate "new" voters to try and "block" a "block" if that makes sense.  I'd still put my money on Clinton if it comes down to it.

Seems like the GOP is turning on Trump.  Will he run as an independent if they pass him over?  I dont think so...but you never know.