Manitoba Moose

Goalie

He wants the players to prove they can be defensively responsible before giving them more ice time. 

Putting Connor on one of the top two lines means he has to shelter that whole line.  It is really about line matchups against other teams. 

NHL isn't just about offence. These guys need to learn the defensive side of the NHL before they are going to get bigger minutes, and you ease them into that until they learn and prove they can do it  

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, iHeart said:

wow the Moose must be desperate since Jamie won't arrive in time, what's an ATO? well other than that, Pavelec is starting tonight

EDIT: Amateur Tryout 

Means he gets to keep a moose uni with his name on it.

WTF! Can't Pascal be the backup or Trevor Kidd? Some rec league goalie gets to sit on the bench,

Anyways Pav gets another win at home.

If you paid attention to other teams even in the NHL you'd realize that both Florida and Carolina have actually done the same thing. But instead of an actual goalie just dressed a member of the staff as backup. As a former goalie... I have to admit it would be awesome even if I didn't play. Just to dress for a pro team would be amazing.  I actually dressed as backup for the St Boniface Saints when I was 16 or so.. didn't play for them. Had a practice b4 their game and their backup was sick and their coach asked if I could dress. It was cool. Best part. Was put in with 1 minute left cuz the team was winning 6 1. Faced 1 shot. Stopped it. Got a saints jersey in my closet because of it lol  

Edited by Goalie

14 hours ago, Ducky said:

related to Tyler Myers?

No ducky, Aisha Tyler is a Comedienne who is a panelist on the talk, voices Lana on Archer and currently hosts Whose Line is it Anyway

what you just did is just trying to pull my imaginary artificial leg off, those aren't cheap you know

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Floyd said:

Tanev-Roslovic-Glennie
Connor-Cormier-Lipon
Howden-De Leo-Olsen
Lemieux-DeSalvo-Lodge

Czuczman-Kichton
Strait-Melchiori
Stoykewych-Nogier

Comrie
Phillips

Cormier and Lipon with Connor...  ridiculous.

We talk about the exciting young players in the organization but I dont like that line up at all... Connor and Roslovic sure...and I guess Lemieux but is he really only a 4th line player in the AHL?  That D is scary.  I like Tanev but will he be an everyday player in the NHL?  And if so, likely bottom 3.

13 hours ago, Floyd said:

Tanev-Roslovic-Glennie
Connor-Cormier-Lipon
Howden-De Leo-Olsen
Lemieux-DeSalvo-Lodge

Czuczman-Kichton
Strait-Melchiori
Stoykewych-Nogier

Comrie
Phillips

Cormier and Lipon with Connor...  ridiculous.

They've been shuffling the lineup trying to generate some scoring.  23 goals in the last 12 games.  DeSalvo stopped scoring as soon as he got an AHL deal.  Could probably throw De Leo on to that second line but I guess they are trying to spread the offence in the lineup.  Sadly Lipon is probably the second best right winger on the team right now so that's right where he belongs.  Either way it hasn't really hurt Connor as he's been their best scorer since coming down.  Roslovic has totally turned off since the World Juniors.

The prospect cupboard is suddenly looking a little bare.  Comrie is suffering because the team in front of him plays like **** every night.

31 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Just expected to see Connor-Roslo developing chemistry... I don't care if Connor plays great with Cormier and Lipon

Moose are losing anyway, give Lemieux ice time, see what he's got

Howden and Glennie are just placeholders...

Could share the Moose with Vegas. Would it really hurt to gut half the team outside of G?

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg