Manitoba Moose

Goalie

8 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

how do all three of those guys get to the A?  How did they clear waivers?  We can't send Dano down without worrying about him clearing waivers but Beau Bennett is in the A?

Cuz they all suck and 1 of them is making millions. 

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 18/11/2017 at 11:27 AM, kelownabomberfan said:

Beau Bennett sucks?  Hmm...

Hes in the A for a reason... Hes not good. Fun fact... Hes St Louis property as Vegas and St L both are affiliated with the Wolves. Hes also making just over league minimum.. Hes had injury issues and in 200 career NHL games has 20 goals and 64 points... Hes not that good. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

6th round pick. Hes already worth that selection. If he makes the nhl is a big feather in the cap of the scouts. 

Seems like the Jets have a really good line into  the US hockey system.  Won't be long until our entire team are Amerks!  Look at  all of the US draft picks currently playing on the Jets or in the AHL:

Trouba 

Hellebuyck 

Copp

Roslovic

Connor

Poolman

Appleton

Then we have other Amerks on the team that either weren't drafted by us or played in the CHL instead of the US :

Buff

Wheels

Chase De Leo (Portland Winterhawks)

Hendricks

Lemieux  (Barrie Colts)

As far as other US guys that may have a shot in moving up in the next few years - Foley, Glover, Samberg?  Am I missing anyone?

Track record is pretty amazing for US players.  Not sure who our scout is down there but they are earning their keep.  That's quite the back-bone of the team.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

And fortunately, the Jets have not been burned by players opting to go back into the draft!  They have a good relationship, obviously.  The one thing that was said from Day One is that if a player chooses not to come here it wont be because its not a great and professional organization.  Seems to pay off.

On 11/18/2017 at 1:05 AM, kelownabomberfan said:

how do all three of those guys get to the A?  How did they clear waivers?  We can't send Dano down without worrying about him clearing waivers but Beau Bennett is in the A?

they get some kind of first season deal where they can't lose players sent down?  speculative, not based in any actual fact..

3 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

If they brought him up, I'd put him on a line with Perreault. Hendricks would be the guy taken out to make room for him.

yeah I agree.  I thought we dumped Thorburn to make room for younger guys to move up, and instead we just went out and got Thorburn 2.0.   Get Roslo and Perrault together and let them make some magic.

11 minutes ago, Atomic said:

**** no.  Wait for injuries.  Let Roslo dominate the AHL and lead the Moose to a Calder Cup.  No need to shake up the lineup and force him into the bottom six.

It's not a coincidence that Perreault and Hendricks are playing well together, they spent 3 seasons together with Washington.

I wasn't saying we should bring him up,  just that's what I'd do with him if they did.