Bombers add WR Jace Davis & RB Steven Miller to PR

gbill2004

WINNIPEG, MB., October 13, 2015 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the additions of International receiver Jace Davis and International running back Steven Miller to the practice roster. 

Davis (6’1, 206, Northern Colorado, August 22, 1991 in Lone Tree, Col.) played 43 games for the UNC Bears, catching 162 balls for 2,470 yards and 16 touchdowns. In 2010 he was named to the Big Sky All-Conference First Team, and in 2012 he was an honourable mention. Davis spent time in the NFL with the Texans and Ravens after signing as an undrafted free agent in Baltimore in 2014. 

Miller (5’7, 172, Appalachian State, March 23, 1991 in Plainfield NJ) ran the ball for 1,368 yards and 11 touchdowns in his senior year with the Mountaineers. He also added four touchdowns through the air that year. Miller spent the entire 2013 season on the Detroit Lions’ practice squad, before heading to Saskatchewan in 2014. In spot-duty with the Riders, he racked up 131 rushing yards, and another 310 on kickoff returns. 

The club also releases running back Jeff Scott from the practice roster.

I thought Da'rel Scott looked pretty good in the few touches he had last game, he seems to run with power. Of course the scheme is designed to make any RB look mediocre but that's a given.

I agree. I was not a fan in training camp but the benefit of him being out with an upper body injury most of the year is his legs appear fresh. I don't blame Marshall's struggles solely on him this year (the interior o-line and Marcel's insistence on running directly up the gut are mostly to blame) but Scott hit the line with power and momentum and that's what we need.

Miller isn't good but i don't think he's as awful as Chevy.... Sometimes, and i doubt it makes a difference with Miller but sometimes a change of scenery helps a guy out.. perhaps that is the case with Miller, who knows... who really cares, he probably won't see the field anytime soon if ever anyway. Probably just looking at guys who they might have interest in bringing back next year or to florida for the mini camps...  Figured this would be the case when the PR was expanded, bring in a bunch of guys, get a look at them... let them go, bring in other guys, take a look, let them go, repeat.. Those who stand our or look like they might have something, let them know and invite them to the mini camp in Florida next year. 

Walters should start looking for a permanent replacement for Washington at DB. It's really ugly seeing him being bullied by bigger receiver over and over.

Had a rough go vs Arceneaux in the first half this past week, but he's our best DB*, IMO.  (*with Randle on the IR)