Around the NHL

16 hours ago, Goalie said:

Stemp playing on the third or 4th line doesn't get the amount of points he has now. That's just reality. The guy is a journeyman gonna be on his like 9th team in 9 years. A 2nd? Lol from who. Jets got him for a guy not playing in the nhl or ahl anymore. Stempniak is the most over rated player in the history of jets 1.0 and 2.0 

Stempniak makes no difference to this team. We are tied for 3rd last. Stemp doesn't change that. 

Lol at a 2nd Rd pick. Highly doubt that.

Stempniak is not worth a 2nd Rd pick cuz on a decent team he's a 4th liner. 4th liners don't get 2nd Rd picks 

BOS sends 2016 4th rounder and 2017 2nd rounder to NJ for Stempniak.

Drops mic.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

I don't get the fixation on Stempniak and scoring some points....  Kyle Wellwood had 47 points with us one season which is pretty much on pace for what Stemp is going to finish with.    With other teams... Anti Mittenian or however it was spelled had 40 + points.... same with Santorelli.  

I would think the fact that Stemp has been traded 5 times on deadline day and has played on nearly every team on the league is enough proof that the guy isn't highly valued. 

The Jets made the right move taking a risk with Burmi ,  unfortunately he hasn't met expectations and we can move on next season.

Edited by Brandon

5 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Such a valuable guy to have. No brainer that he'd command a big return.

I would expect that Stemp now is the QB on the Boston PP.  Probably also on PK with Marchand.  Boston's playoff chances just went from suck to blow.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

10 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Interesting...  trade market was high to start, tanked and then teams are overpaying right at the very last second...

Can't understand why Jets would put Pardy on waivers on deadline day but whatevs

There was rumours that another deal was in the works that could have included Pardy if he had cleared waivers.  Maybe a team who wanted the call up depth for the playoffs but didn't have a roster spot for him now.

We lost him on waivers so that deal obviously didn't materialize.  Not a big gamble since he is a UFA next year.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

The Jets made the right move taking a risk with Burmi ,  unfortunately he hasn't met expectations and we can move on next season.

Never has a player hit expectations so dead-center as Burmistrov has this year.

Without checking his stats, I'll assume he's on pace for about 8 goals.  Maybe 12 assists?  Playing with different linemates without ever finding real chemistry with any of them?  Moments of looking really good in between large stretches of invisibility?  That is the Burmistrov bullseye.

Not sure what all the fuss about him, Stempniak, and whomever else is about.  They all have one thing in common - they are not part of the Jets long-term plan.

If it's not clear to some, the Jets chose to start the growth process with their young players this year.  Maybe Stempniak gives us 2-4 more wins over the course of the season.  Which amounts to a big bowl of whoopdedoo.  And comes at the expense of the future.

10 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Without checking his stats, I'll assume he's on pace for about 8 goals.  Maybe 12 assists?  Playing with different linemates without ever finding real chemistry with any of them?  Moments of looking really good in between large stretches of invisibility?  That is the Burmistrov bullseye.

Not sure what all the fuss about him, Stempniak, and whomever else is about.  They all have one thing in common - they are not part of the Jets long-term plan.

If it's not clear to some, the Jets chose to start the growth process with their young players this year.  Maybe Stempniak gives us 2-4 more wins over the course of the season.  Which amounts to a big bowl of whoopdedoo.  And comes at the expense of the future.

So back to playing for the Diarrhea-stan Allah Akbars in the KHL next year for Burmi?

13 minutes ago, mbrg said:

2nd and a 4th round pick at the deadline equals future.

Stemp plays instead of Thorbs, Peluso, Halishuck... this is not the future...

9 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

So back to playing for the Diarrhea-stan Allah Akbars in the KHL next year for Burmi?

Only if he wants to.  He's useful, even by NHL standards.  It's just the expectations people have of him are way off.  It's time to ignore the part where he was a top 10 pick.  The body of work is there and he's never going to be that player.  If we're rearranging the draft in hindsight, he's a 3rd rounder that pays off.  Like Lowry.  Some are still waiting for him to blossom, not accepting that he's full-on Mayim Bialik already.

Edited by mbrg
leap year

9 minutes ago, Floyd said:

2nd and a 4th round pick at the deadline equals future.

Stemp plays instead of Thorbs, Peluso, Halishuck... this is not the future...

Correct, they are not.  That was the "and whomever else".  I didn't think naming them all was necessary, but if it is, then also Matt Fraser.  Also, that Cormier guy.

So moving past that, you think the Jets should have signed Stempniak at free agency so he could be:

a) played on the 4th line, and/or

b ) be traded 5 months later at the deadline for picks?

That certainly isn't the kind of vision I want my GM wasting his time on, but you know what they say - keep your eyes focused on the small picture.

19 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Correct, they are not.  That was the "and whomever else".  I didn't think naming them all was necessary, but if it is, then also Matt Fraser.  Also, that Cormier guy.

So moving past that, you think the Jets should have signed Stempniak at free agency so he could be:

a) played on the 4th line, and/or

b ) be traded 5 months later at the deadline for picks?

That certainly isn't the kind of vision I want my GM wasting his time on, but you know what they say - keep your eyes focused on the small picture.

Sorry to break the news to you, but that is exactly the kind of GM we have...  every other year, Chevy takes a flyer on a low-cost player or two... Stemp could easily have been that guy this year.

Some years it works - i.e. Perrault - and some years it doesn't - i.e. James Wright... it would have worked this year

I'm going to miss the Stempniak threads where as soon as you say something positive about him, someone blows it up into 'you think we would have won the stanley cup if we signed him???  HA!'  Reminds me of the Jerome Messam - thank god we didn't sign him because he doesn't play special teams arguments...

12 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

A lot of fans on twitter giving Chevy advice in March. Lend him your flying delorian in September please. 

A lot of fans wondered if the Jets would run into depth problems back in September...

I'd say almost all of us predicted a step back this year...

43 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I didn't think we would be 3rd last at the TD.

Still, I'm optimistic of the team's future with the quality youngsters in the organization.

You should be optimistic this team's prospect will only get better and we will add to that in this years draft, Probably won't make the playoffs next year either as more prospects are looked at, but the following year will be the start of making the playoffs for years to come, here's hoping anyway.