Assuming were done with FA, whats left on the shopping list?

Taynted_Fayth

Im hoping we bring in a few hogs to compete for the RG spot n depth,

lb to push hurl? 

Whats our current secondary? Randle, bucknor, leggett, macho harris (yuck), j. Adams? Id like to see a couple bodies competing

Recievers, Dressler, denmark, smith, D adams, kohlert/jfg/richards?  Is that a good enough starting line up there or do we need better?

DE? Can turner be moved to the end? Or should we bring in new blood. Peach is not the answer opposite westerman

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

Turner not moving the DE...  hopefully new blood, Green or Vaughn could have a feast with the push by rest of the line - really think Cappicotti's success had a lot to do with Shologan

Replace Adams - hopefully Cone or Collins steps up

No place for Hurl at $120k a year on this roster

Bomber scouts are good at finding DBs

Walters scares me when he says we're good at NI depth at OL - still talking like Neufeld is a starter

Hurl is going to have to step up big time this year to justify what we are paying him. Hoping guys like Waggoner and J.Rush push him.

Kind of hoping K.Knox is a strong candidate there and we have Waggoner and Sherman battle for the S position.

DE, they seemed to like what they saw in D. Johnson and he didn't look that bad. Mackey intrigues me. We rotate guys on the line so Turner at end a few times again could happen.

G. Jhomo was brought back, has the speed but need to see if he has the hands to match. Interested in seeing what kind of player R. Collins is. 

DB, Fogg and Kearney are interesting prospects. Might see Bucknor go if D. Jones steps up, Morgan can back him up.

So back to your original question lol ...is Grymes still available? Wouldn't mind seeing them sign Fuller...

Reading  on riderfans grymes has a nfl tryout or 2 maybe and wont commit to anyone until may at the earliest.  Might be worth keeping a tab on, but we wont know anything for a while. Only reason Id take a pass on fuller is health reasons. Nothing is worse then rotating ur roster week to week with ur starters in and out of the tub. Main reason it didnt bother me to see moore go, even tho he was a baller when healthy

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

Maybe another NI OL (Norman?) and/or Int OL for depth.  Assuming Fuller is healthy and not looking at the NFL he would give us some good size at receiver.  Couple of DEs still out there but maybe we're already set as BlueBallz pointed out (just not Peach).  Other than that not much realistically left for us in FA.  We did a very job on Day 1 covering our needs.  The rest can be covered at the draft and from scouting.  Which I know is no guarantee given our past track record but maybe this year we get it right.  Fingers crossed.  

9 hours ago, Floyd said:

Turner not moving the DE...  hopefully new blood, Green or Vaughn could have a feast with the push by rest of the line - really think Cappicotti's success had a lot to do with Shologan

Replace Adams - hopefully Cone or Collins steps up

No place for Hurl at $120k a year on this roster

Bomber scouts are good at finding DBs

Walters scares me when he says we're good at NI depth at OL - still talking like Neufeld is a starter

Other then good measurables at his pro day, what has Vaughn done that you continually pump him up as the starter?

And unfortunately it's looking like Neufeld us going to be a starter for us... 

I've noticed that a few people around here are wanting to replace Darvin Adams. I would love to know the reasoning behind that thought.  Adams did pretty well last year. In 15 games he had 839 yards and 5 touchdowns.  If he plays 18 games that's over 1000 yards.  What's wrong with that?

I would personally like to see another DE to complete the D-line, but my real concern is with the secondary.  Who will fill the open defensive halfback spot?  That concerns me.

Edited by Dascow

1 minute ago, Dascow said:

I've noticed that a few people around here are wanting to replace Darvin Adams. I would love to know the reasoning behind that thought.  Adams did pretty well last year. In 15 games he 839 yards and 5 touchdowns.  If he plays 18 games that's over 1000 yards.  What's wrong with that?

I would personally like to see another DE to complete the D-line, but my real concern is with the secondary.  Who will fill the open defensive halfback spot?  That concerns me.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Dascow said:

I've noticed that a few people around here are wanting to replace Darvin Adams. I would love to know the reasoning behind that thought.  Adams did pretty well last year. In 15 games he 839 yards and 5 touchdowns.  If he plays 18 games that's over 1000 yards.  What's wrong with that?

Especially if he's your third of fourth option... that's pretty good production...

6 minutes ago, Dascow said:

I think we're going to move Johnny Adams inside. Randle at CB, Leggett at SAM

3 minutes ago, do or die said:

My hope is that someone like Dressler could be a role model for Darvin (who has some talent) and show him the right way to do things......

I kinda felt like we didnt really have a leader on offence last year,  maybe due to injuries, but I seem to recall Milt being like a mentor for the new guys and not only keeping them in line verbally/mentally but also going out and showing them with his production too. Denmark and Moore never really stood out to me like that kinda player.  I think Dressler could fit that mold given he's a perennial all star, and plays all out everytime hes on the field

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I kinda felt like we didnt really have a leader on offence last year,  maybe due to injuries, but I seem to recall Milt being like a mentor for the new guys and not only keeping them in line verbally/mentally but also going out and showing them with his production too. Denmark and Moore never really stood out to me like that kinda player.  I think Dressler could fit that mold given he's a perennial all star, and plays all out everytime hes on the field

The void left by Edwards when he retired

I think Moore was the vocal leader (seemed that way) but as mentioned, injuries hamper that, I'd think. It's all well and good to be Rah Rah on the sidelines, but if you're hurt for 12-13 games a year, it's tough to lead by example. 

Denmark has always seemed like a quiet guy...go out there and do it, but not necessarily a big talker. 

It'll be interesting to see what kind of role Dressler takes on in the locker room and on the sidelines...

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I think Moore was the vocal leader (seemed that way) but as mentioned, injuries hamper that, I'd think. It's all well and good to be Rah Rah on the sidelines, but if you're hurt for 12-13 games a year, it's tough to lead by example. 

Denmark has always seemed like a quiet guy...go out there and do it, but not necessarily a big talker. 

It'll be interesting to see what kind of role Dressler takes on in the locker room and on the sidelines...

Yea I think Denmark is a strong, quiet type of leader.  I hope dressler can take the mantle of being the leader of our offense even though hes new to the fold.  we definitely seemed to lack an identity on the offense.  Willy and Dressler having previous history may make this transition easier. 

someone needs to step up regardless though on that side of the ball.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

He showed flashes of being a contributor, but then showed a LOT of laziness....if they bring him to camp, he's gonna have to blow the doors off.

Huh...that's interesting.  I personally don't remember seeing that, but maybe that's because by the end I was so apathetic about the Bombers that I missed it. Now that you say that though, I will be paying more attention to it this season.

Adams has all of the tools to be great so hopefully this year he will be "encouraged" by a leader like Dressler to be more motivated because when motivated he can be a great weapon.

I remember the game where I believe both Moore and denmark were injured (maybe like week 5 or 6) and thinking Darvin who? as our go to guy and he stepped up huge in that win.  the guy can be real good. But hes not the only one that took games off.  last season was pretty deflatting both for the players and fans, especially those games we lost cuz of our kicker ugh