Assuming were done with FA, whats left on the shopping list?

Taynted_Fayth

Still don't like the bombers habit of offering 1st picks for supplemental draft... 2nd round is enough - if we miss Waggoner and Poblah, so be it.  If you get them for a 2nd rounder, pat yourself on the back.

I don't see anyone that could come in and make a difference this year in the second round..  maybe not even next season...

Surprised we just let Quinn Lawlor walk, he's still kicking around on Montreals roster - they might be a team to deal with now that Blake is back.

"The CFL Supplemental Draft allows every team a shot at each player involved. Teams bid on one player at a time, and the team willing to bid the highest original draft pick of the following year is awarded the player."

The Bombers wouldn't necessarily put out their 1st round selection unless forced to do so when other teams show interest in the same player. Obviously, at least one other team showed interest in Waggoner and forced their hand.

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

You go into the season expecting to do well. You can't plan on getting a high draft pick. That's a fail. If you do your homework, you should have a pretty good idea of what the 2016 draft class should look like, barring unforeseen circumstances. So when you're presented with the opportunity to pre-select a quality player..you do it, or not be pro-active, save your pick, and take your chances. Who's to say is the better way?

Well, until the Bombers actually started winning maybe it was presumptuous to think they actually would last season. Year 3. Let's hope they do.

• 2 weeks later...
On February 16, 2016 at 7:53 PM, Floyd said:

Still don't like the bombers habit of offering 1st picks for supplemental draft... 2nd round is enough - if we miss Waggoner and Poblah, so be it.  If you get them for a 2nd rounder, pat yourself on the back.

I don't see anyone that could come in and make a difference this year in the second round..  maybe not even next season...

Surprised we just let Quinn Lawlor walk, he's still kicking around on Montreals roster - they might be a team to deal with now that Blake is back.

Poblah was a good pick at the time. Waggoner was atrocious. 

20 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

Much too early to say that.

No kidding. He showed plenty of promise and is in no way ready to be judged. Henoc was similar in his first year. Teams, bench and a few un spectacular plays on D.  waggoner has a great skill set and seems to have the desire to work to become great. Im really looking forward to seeing what he brings in TC. 

On 2/27/2016 at 7:44 PM, wbbfan said:

No kidding. He showed plenty of promise and is in no way ready to be judged. Henoc was similar in his first year. Teams, bench and a few un spectacular plays on D.  waggoner has a great skill set and seems to have the desire to work to become great. Im really looking forward to seeing what he brings in TC. 

me too. 

Maybe I am crazy but each thread here is turning into negatron flag waving. 

There has to be a middle between overly negative and overly positive.

If you follow other sports or work in an organization larger than 2 you must know that working towards a positive outcome requires building a positive culture. A negative repressive culture produces results in a short term but usually not in the long term. I don't see the harm in the Bombers trying to sell this to the fans and/or players.  

17 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Maybe I am crazy but each thread here is turning into negatron flag waving. 

There has to be a middle between overly negative and overly positive.

If you follow other sports or work in an organization larger than 2 you must know that working towards a positive outcome requires building a positive culture. A negative repressive culture produces results in a short term but usually not in the long term. I don't see the harm in the Bombers trying to sell this to the fans and/or players.  

couldn't agree more. I work for a large company and we just had a new long term plan rolled out. Management started their introduction of said plan by completely pumping the tires of every single aspect of the company. Even ones that everyone knows didn't do too well this past year. But what else could we expect? This is what a business does to attract the right people and the right mind set, and to get customers to buy in. The bombers and the CFL are no different in that aspect. They are a business selling a product. You don't sell things by always looking back at past mistakes/bad outcomes. That's a horrible game plan. Be positive, sell your vision.