Jets Prospects

Ducky

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Laine shoots right and Vesalainen shoots left.  Both have that great shot.  Defend that!

with all the talent we already have, adding another piece like Vesa in a few seasons is a crazy concept.  if we keep this group together... yikes.

Just now, SPuDS said:

with all the talent we already have, adding another piece like Vesa in a few seasons is a crazy concept.  if we keep this group together... yikes.

Wheeler is the X Factor for me.  Im not worried about the Jets 3 or 4 years from now.  But if our window is truly opening, how does re-signing Wheeler or not re-signing Wheeler impact us?

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Wheeler is the X Factor for me.  Im not worried about the Jets 3 or 4 years from now.  But if our window is truly opening, how does re-signing Wheeler or not re-signing Wheeler impact us?

good call but we do have a plethora of natural centres and wings who can play centre so if he chooses to walk/declines in skills then I think we will be ok if we can't replace him via FA or trade.

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Yet to see a game but how does he skate? Ehlers or Laine or inbetween?

watched him a bit during the World Juniors.  Definitely Armia 2.0.  Ha!  He's a great skater, very strong on the puck, and he's only going to get stronger.  Kid's only 18, with a pretty high ceiling.  Ok I think I've used all of the scouting buzzwords I know.