Jets Prospects

Ducky

I was thinking Kailer Yamomoto......but yeah......interesting prospect. Always curious if guys that size can make the jump to pro. Gotta be real fast, and real shifty (see: Kane, Patrick) in order to make it at that size...

23 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Logan Stanley, Luke Green, Jack Glover, Dylan Samberg, Jacob Cederholm

Like I said 'IF' they come through - only sure thing I see there is Samberg...  everyone else COULD be sleeper picks except Glover, he's done.

27 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Like I said 'IF' they come through - only sure thing I see there is Samberg...  everyone else COULD be sleeper picks except Glover, he's done.

Coincidentally,. here is a story about Jack Glover today.  Too bad he didnt work out.  Jets never offered him a contract.  So he will be come a free agent this year if they dont.

http://www.mndaily.com/article/2018/02/s-through-different-paths-minnesotas-senior-defensemen-provide-consistency

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Stanley's ceiling may be debatable but there's no doubt he will be in the system for a significant amount of time.

Just now, Floyd said:

Well if you say he's absolutely not going to get injured or flop... I guess that settles it.  Whew...!!

Our last project with enormous upside was Jack Glover...

Thats true but Jack was never offered a contract.  Logan is under contract.  Jack was a 3rd round pick.  Logan is a 1st.  A better comparison to Jack might be Cederholm who was drafted in the 4th round and is also not under contract but has upside.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Thats true but Jack was never offered a contract.  Logan is under contract.  Jack was a 3rd round pick.  Logan is a 1st.  A better comparison to Jack might be Cederholm who was drafted in the 4th round and is also not under contract but has upside.

NCAA... different development...  Poolman, Copp, etc didn't get early contracts either iirc

Anyway, unless something drastic happens the Jets have a solid AHL core... hopefully Samberg and one other can make the jump to NHL

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Cedarholm is pretty much a bust. 

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Well if you say he's absolutely not going to get injured or flop... I guess that settles it.  Whew...!!

Our last project with enormous upside was Jack Glover...

He's going to "flop" between now and next September?  No, he will be a Moose.  You're just being difficult for the sake of it.

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

He's going to "flop" between now and next September?  No, he will be a Moose.  You're just being difficult for the sake of it.

You're getting 'play' and be good mixed up...  I'm sure all these guys will play for the Moose at some point...  just like Blomqvist and Kostalek...

Right now, the only guy looking like he has a shot at being a top AHL or 3rd pair NHL defence man is Samberg...  the rest are all question marks whatever we want to believe...

The rest may be great, may be ok or may be nothing...  again, hence the 'if'...

12 hours ago, Floyd said:

You're getting 'play' and be good mixed up...  I'm sure all these guys will play for the Moose at some point...  just like Blomqvist and Kostalek...

Right now, the only guy looking like he has a shot at being a top AHL or 3rd pair NHL defence man is Samberg...  the rest are all question marks whatever we want to believe...

The rest may be great, may be ok or may be nothing...  again, hence the 'if'...

No, Stanley will be a top pairing guy for the Moose, at least for the year until he joins the Jets for the rest of his career.