Jets Prospects

Ducky

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I could see him being Tebow-esque.

One major difference.. Stanley is actually an ok ok player.. He was just drafted 2 early. Probably could have got him in the 2nd RD. 

Tebow was just a system QB. 

Its weird... Of all people... The guy who craps on Tiny Toby isnt a fan of Logan " The Anti Toby" Stanley? Weird. 

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

One major difference.. Stanley is actually an ok ok player.. He was just drafted 2 early. Probably could have got him in the 2nd RD. 

Tebow was just a system QB. 

Its weird... Of all people... The guy who craps on Tiny Toby isnt a fan of Logan " The Anti Toby" Stanley? Weird. 

I think he’s probably just a fan of good defencemen instead of bad ones

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Enstrom is a good D man... Especially if you like D men who are good at D.. So no... Its cuz hes small. 

No he was a good 2nd-3rd pairing dman  who the jets played in their top pairing...  

big difference is that Stuart is gone and enstrom is getting less ice time and no special teams...

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Enstrom is a good D man... Especially if you like D men who are good at D.. So no... Its cuz hes small. 

I love it when people tell me what my opinions are.  So awesome.

I'm not a fan of Enstrom because he coughs up the puck so easily.  He's a weak player.   

As for me "crapping" on Stanley, thanks for reacting, I honestly didn't know my opinion was so valuable that it's causing discussion on here.  I have only watched him play once live  - in Penticton - and he was awful.  That was awhile ago.  I caught a Kitchener game on Sportsnet a few months ago and he didn't look nearly as bad.  Mostly I am slagging Stanley because I know it causes certain posters here to go ape-poop.

Reality is - I saw Tyler Myers when he was a rookie with the Rockets.  He looked like Bambi on ice out there.  But he grew into his body.  I think Stanley can do the same.  I hope when he's 24 he's a total stud.

Just now, Brandon said:

Does he make the club next year?    Isn't he playing in a men's league right now?

I'd say he's Moose bound.  But since the Jets are playing in Finland, I'd assume the NHL would be pleased if he did make the club next year.

He plays in a men's league, yes.  He could make the Jets.  But I think it will be like Connor and Roslo where he gets sent to the Moose to acclimate rather then be a 3rd/4th line guy.

31 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I'd say he's Moose bound.  But since the Jets are playing in Finland, I'd assume the NHL would be pleased if he did make the club next year.

He plays in a men's league, yes.  He could make the Jets.  But I think it will be like Connor and Roslo where he gets sent to the Moose to acclimate rather then be a 3rd/4th line guy.

He needs to play in the AHL for a season, I think. No reason that he can't spend a year there, getting used to the speed.

Obviously, he'll have a chance to make the big club.

38 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Chevy implied that they had Vesalainen at 12 before they traded down in the draft and were happy to see him still available when they picked.

They said similar things last year right after drafting him.

31 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Regardless of what team he's on.... Vesalainen coming to Winnipeg next season.  No shocker. 

The article is here.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

I want to go to Finland and tell people I'm from Winnipeg and see what their reactions are

We were warned about you.

Just now, bustamente said:

Vesalaine is already a better prospect then anyone currently on the Moose, big, strong , very good skater, whats not to like. May start with the Moose to get accustomed to the N. A. game but in all probability will get called up during the season.

I agree... since every legit prospect has already been called up ha

47 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Vesalaine is already a better prospect then anyone currently on the Moose, big, strong , very good skater, whats not to like. May start with the Moose to get accustomed to the N. A. game but in all probability will get called up during the season.

if he does come over I may have to go to the Young Stars tournament this year.