Jets Prospects

Ducky

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

I was with you until you mentioned where they were drafted like that actually matters. 

No. Most have said Helle is legit. Comrie has yet to prove anything in the A. This is a big year for him.. This and next... 

They only said he was legit after his rookie season in the NHL...  All of TSN's guys have said that Comrie is the hotter prospect and has a higher upside.   

Comrie was definitely the higher-ranked prospect.... no doubt about that.  But at this point Helle has proven that he is an NHL starter, and a very good one at that.

Can Comrie eventually become the better goalie?  I have no idea.  Maybe.  That would be pretty incredible for the franchise.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Comrie was definitely the higher-ranked prospect.... no doubt about that.  But at this point Helle has proven that he is an NHL starter, and a very good one at that.

Can Comrie eventually become the better goalie?  I have no idea.  Maybe.  That would be pretty incredible for the franchise.

Not to mention with Berdin looking good ... the club definitely has a good chance for great goalie depth down the road.

• 2 weeks later...

The take away from this is that the Jets took a franchise with big holes and in a relatively short period of time have built something to be excited about. Not just what the Jets are doing now, but what we have on the Moose and the next wave of kids. You never know who will make it but it sure looks promising. 

There is a GM of the year award coming for Mr Chevy eventually. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎16 at 5:59 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

If this kid is as good as he seems....

He’s 6’4, 210. And 18 years old. 

He looked so big and skilled at the juniors. Can't wait to see how he develops. I expect to see him in a Moose uniform next year.

I got to watch Niku up close last weekend. I really watched him closely. He moves the puck with ease and looks so comfortable out there. He made the right move defending a two-on-one, which can be challenging for a young player. I'm not a scout but he looks like a player that can play at the next level. I hope to see him in a Jets uniform in the next few years.

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

Maybe he is, I didn't know that. Too bad because I would really like to see him with the Moose next season.

One year deal.  Expires in April.  I suspect he's Moose bound next season.  Looks too good not to.   Might eventually have a Vesalainen - Schief - Laine line.  Gettting way ahead of myself but the kid is big and works hard.