Darren Cameron Blog (for discussion): "Patience Is A Virtue"

Noeller

15 hours ago, Jacquie said:

It didn't say they were talking about linemen drafted in the first 2 rounds. There were 11 OL drafted in 2014. Goossen and 2 others were the only ones who started any games.

Everyone knows that its the 1st round and the 2nd that count in the CFL draft... including all OL that were picked is, again, a bogus stat.

If you want to go that route, then include Quinn Everett... 'The bombers had an outstanding 50% success rate while drafting OL in the 2014 draft.... '

To pat yourself on the back for a successful 2nd overall pick is something only the bombers would do... and rightfully so after IMWT.

This is the email I received in response to my enquiry as to why this blog was mis-credited.

Hello Mr Dee

Thank you for your email .. The article was written by Darren Cameron not Rheanne .. she was the person who posted the article.

When they changed the website it automatically records the poster not the person who wrote the article. This is something the Communications Team will be more aware of going forward.

Thanks for your support and have a great day..

Carol

I have a good feeling Carol did write this response..

54 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

This is the email I received in response to my enquiry as to why this blog was mis-credited.

Hello Mr Dee

Thank you for your email .. The article was written by Darren Cameron not Rheanne .. she was the person who posted the article.

When they changed the website it automatically records the poster not the person who wrote the article. This is something the Communications Team will be more aware of going forward.

Thanks for your support and have a great day..

Carol

I have a good feeling Carol did write this response..

I think Wade wrote it

I think we have to admit this is the first year in quite a few where we really attempted and succeeded beyond the expectation of most in getting players who could make us a competitive team. I also realize the blog is going out to the choir but there is some substance there. I would hope we win every game but would be happy if we make every game something we can feel good about. 

I'm not sure this year is any different than the last couple of Free Agent seasons.

Working mostly from memory (Which I admit isn't what it used to be, so feel free to update)...

Players taken in FA or traded for in FA and signed:

D Adams
I Brown
M Dile
T Cronk
S Hurl
S Bryant
D Picard 

J Westerman - NFL reject, not exactly a FA

7 Players

J Feoli-Gudino
M Bucknor
D Willy
N Moore
C Randle
D Alexander
B Banks

7 Players

In both off seasons we signed a lot of free agents who were big upgrades and wanted by other teams, but it didn't help much in the win column. We did it again this year and look better on paper again. The real question is will that mean more wins this year.

One of our big problems in the past few years has been our inability to protect our QB and as a result lost him for most of the year. our OL's could play a foursome but that is about it. somehow we have to beef that up. Given some time Willy has found his receivers. 

On March 2, 2016 at 6:43 PM, TBURGESS said:

I'm not sure this year is any different than the last couple of Free Agent seasons.

Working mostly from memory (Which I admit isn't what it used to be, so feel free to update)...

Players taken in FA or traded for in FA and signed:

D Adams
I Brown
M Dile
T Cronk
S Hurl
S Bryant
D Picard 

J Westerman - NFL reject, not exactly a FA

7 Players

J Feoli-Gudino
M Bucknor
D Willy
N Moore
C Randle
D Alexander
B Banks

7 Players

In both off seasons we signed a lot of free agents who were big upgrades and wanted by other teams, but it didn't help much in the win column. We did it again this year and look better on paper again. The real question is will that mean more wins this year.

Um, Kuale...!!!

On March 3, 2016 at 10:07 PM, LeBird said:

One of our big problems in the past few years has been our inability to protect our QB and as a result lost him for most of the year. our OL's could play a foursome but that is about it. somehow we have to beef that up. Given some time Willy has found his receivers. 

It isn't all on the O-line, IMHO. Willy doesn't use his feet enough and often holds the ball too long. You cannot expect a lineman to hold his block for much more than five seconds. You also have to have an OC that can compensate when a line is having issues. There are always things you can do to help a line out.

One of the other best assets of a good QB is having a quick release. It isn't just about how long you physically hold the ball it is about your ability to get the ball out of your hand quickly....and not with a slower and more deliberate delivery. I'm not convinced Willy has a quick release.