Off-season moves

Ducky

What would you like to see Chevy do players-wise.

I kow a LOT depends on what happens at the draft but here are some things I wold like to see done regardless of the draft.

Great in the dressing room or not, it is time to move on from Chris Thorburn. Trade him for whatever you can get.

I would also see what Burmi and Postma and Chiarot would bring back to see if it is worth moving one of them.

I would like to see Hamonic and Drouin in a Jets uni next year and Myers and Staf gone. If we don't get to draft until the 8th or so, give it to Yzerman with something (Dano?) for Drouin. Myers and a 2nd or Petan or something for Hamonic. He would do so much for our D.

Stuart should be traded. A lot of decisions on D depend on where Morrissey plays next year.

I think Connor is on the Jets and Lemieux has a really good chance of playing for the Jets before the next season is finished. Might even see a game or two this year if his season is finished before ours. I don't know about Morrissey but have read that he has really improved over the season but I am okay with leaving him on the farm if he isn't ready.

Where do Lipon, De Leo, Petan and Comrie play next year?

Lipon, Petan, De Leo and Comrie will be on the Moose. No doubt about it. The only guy i could see possibly making the Jets is Petan or Lipon, depending what they do with Thorburn. (Lipon would take his spot IMO). Petan would probably best be used on the Moose also, unless he can steal a spot.. it's possible, i'm sure there will be an opening for him. It will come down to what he does in camp.

What do we need? Offensive D man? No thanks, I'll take the defensive d men any day, we already have the ultra offensive buff. We need more defensive d men, a guy like Hamonic would be perfect. 

Helle is the goalie of the future, get used to it, he is. There is no doubt about that. He will be on the team next year and possibly even be the starter

3rd line center? That's where Petan comes in, he could push lowry down to the 4th line. It's hard to say. 

Again, theres 20 or so games left in this year and then the draft and then free agency and then all this stuff so really, right now it's 2 early to say. 

lol at trading a top 10 pick for Drouin, not gonna happen. Maybe Chicagos pick but definitely not our own. No chance.  Trade Dano? why? cuz after 2 games and 2 practices he hasn't scored a goal? Makes no sense. 

Drouins value right now is pretty much non existent. No way i give up a top 10 pick for him. Not a chance. No team would. 

Edited by Goalie

A lot of teams would give up a top 10 for Drouin, don't kid yourself. Yzerman is waiting until he gets what he wants.

Dano was just a suggestion that is why the "?" after his name.

You've got to give to get. If you think we will get Drouin for Chicago's first or spare parts, think again.

Poolman is an interesting prospect, He can play both LHD and RHD and even has played some forward. He's a big kid.. a little older i believe but.. he is interesting to say the least. 

Not sure what his upside is exactly, it could very well be Buff, keep in mind, when Buff was drafted he was taken in a very late round, 6th maybe even 7th round at the time... 

Poolman, think he probably spends time with the Moose next year but he could very well become a pretty good d man. 

Edited by Goalie

35 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Sign him long term and theres no doubt about it. The guy is gonna be a stud. People look at numbers 2 much, Trouba is developing in to a very good  2 way d man. Sign him. 

Why would we want to trade him? It makes no sense. 

I wonder about that so-called "leak" about his super high demands.  Seems to be saying the right things.  Fair market seems to be $4m-ish per year and sign him as long as possible.  Probably get 6 years.Try for 8.

That was leaked at the very same time as Buff's demands for an 8 year deal.

He will get more than Maatta if he signs long term. He won't get 6m but he will get over 5. A 6 million a year contract won't be as a significant chunk of the caphit in 4 or 5 years. I'd sign Scheif and Trouba to 8 year deals and Bridge Armia, Lowry and Hutch and Lipon gets a two-way if the rules allow.

Scheif and Troubs for 8x6m each. Too much for a few years but well worth it in 3 or 4 and a steal after that.

We'll probably see something like 6 x 5.8 m or something.

7 hours ago, Goalie said:

Poolman is an interesting prospect, He can play both LHD and RHD and even has played some forward. He's a big kid.. a little older i believe but.. he is interesting to say the least. 

Not sure what his upside is exactly, it could very well be Buff, keep in mind, when Buff was drafted he was taken in a very late round, 6th maybe even 7th round at the time... 

Poolman, think he probably spends time with the Moose next year but he could very well become a pretty good d man. 

Poolman is 22 going on 23 in June, so it's time to make the jump for him.  Big kid, taken 5th round in 2013. 

27 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Drafted in 2013. Does anyone know how long we have to sign him? Rich?

One more year?

The NCAA eligibility rules are really weird and murky at best.   I wish they would unify them with junior rules.

I think the official rule is we have until he is done college to sign him (really hate this rule BTW as it encourages NHL team to push players to leave college early)

However, he spent 2 years in the USHL before going to UND.  So 2014/2015 was his first year of NCAA play, that would make this year his 2nd year of NCAA.  So I think two more years

But there could be some other rule in there that I don't know about.