UFC

Goalie

17 hours ago, Brandon said:

Against lesser competition his haymakers should net him some easy wins...

I imagine they will feed him a series of one and doners culminating in a cheick kongo re match. 

16 hours ago, bigg jay said:

He'll be good for Bellator.  He had more skill when he was younger  (yet still in terrible shape) but got lazy the last couple of years.  One trick pony now.

His wrestling is really an incredible skill. But he went full johny hendricks. The amount of potential this guy has wasted and type of bad fighter meme he has become is sickening. The last time he was in shape was in college.

Id much rather have seen bellator go around and over pay young guys like gaethje then re circulate old trash. They seem to be trying to do both, which I gotta credit them for atleast trying. Bellator has more rational fight match ups. (aside from money reasons) Which is soo sad. 

In other news, GSP announced his UFC return being pushed back is due to eye injuries. If his come back never happens i wont be sad. I love the guy and what he has done for the sport and the sport in canada. I dont want to see him get BJ penn'd.

Germaine de Randamie is doing a full on floyd mayweather trying to run from cybro. Said she would rather get stripped then fight her. Cmon man, if you go into that division you have to know you are gonna go back down, leave the ufc, or fight her. I hate this type of running from the best contender junk. Paper champions refusing to fight the best challenger crippled boxing for me. They need to straighten out match making in the UFC. More then they need to deal with shotty rules and commissions. 

NYSAC has changed rules to no prevent cormier like cheating. Even though they had them in place to begin with and just slept on it.

And the UFC signed gokhan saki. Its a bit of a freak show move, but my kind of freakshow move. Itll be interesting to see what weight division he fights in. Down 20 ish to LHW makes the most sense imop. Though HW is pretty soft. And fights with some of the bottom of the top 10 guys, the has been strikers would be fun to watch. Hope he is working none stop on his take down D. 

Bellator signs guys like Roy Nelson because he will bring way more eyes then Gaethje.  The ratings Kimbo and Ken Shamrock would bring are way higher then obscure prospects.

I'm sure Sonnens next match will give them a real high rating.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Bellator signs guys like Roy Nelson because he will bring way more eyes then Gaethje.  The ratings Kimbo and Ken Shamrock would bring are way higher then obscure prospects.

I'm sure Sonnens next match will give them a real high rating.

youre right. its a long game going with guys like gaethje. but the upside long run of a roy nelson is low imop.

Chael allways sells fights like crazy its what he does. 

The long awaited aldo holloway tilt tonight. Im a holloway fan, cant believe people bet on him as the favorite for a while though. 

Karolina kowalkiewicz vs claudia gadelha for first place loser to joanna champion. I cant see a 3rd gadelha JJ fight any time soon so im hoping karolina wins. 

I know a bunch of people who are betting huge on Holloway.  I can't say I disagree with them.

Claudia/Joanna is very similar to Miesha/Ronda.  A 3rd match is really hard to sell but at the same time, if Claudia earned her way back to the top, how do you deny her?

4 hours ago, bigg jay said:

I know a bunch of people who are betting huge on Holloway.  I can't say I disagree with them.

Claudia/Joanna is very similar to Miesha/Ronda.  A 3rd match is really hard to sell but at the same time, if Claudia earned her way back to the top, how do you deny her?

Now you cant deny claudia, idk who else she could beat? Dont like it but there just isnt much else to challenge JJ or claudia. 

Man soo happy for holloway! what a fight too! event got kinda slow with vitors fight but the rest of the card was pretty good. 

No leg kicks at all, was aldo betting on holloway too?!

Edited by wbbfan

On 2017-2-24 at 11:11 PM, bigg jay said:

Not UFC but still in the fight world - former Eskimo Adam Braidwood picked up a minor world boxing title tonight in Montreal.

Some terrible news out of Edmonton.  Braidwood fought & knocked out former UFC fighter Tim Hague last night.  Hague had a seizure in the locker room & slipped into a coma.  He has since been declared brain dead.  

It was at least his 7th KO since Aug 2015 so people are asking why he was even cleared to fight. The commission there has been a disaster waiting to happen for years and unfortunately it's finally happened.

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

Some terrible news out of Edmonton.  Braidwood fought & knocked out former UFC fighter Tim Hague last night.  Hague had a seizure in the locker room & slipped into a coma.  He has since been declared brain dead.  

It was at least his 7th KO since Aug 2015 so people are asking why he was even cleared to fight. The commission there has been a disaster waiting to happen for years and unfortunately it's finally happened.

wow thats awful. 

Just read the bad news...   It really baffles me why one would keep fighting after continuously getting KO'd (specially at HW).   

As much as the commission is at fault,   I think half the blame should be on Hague for going on getting his brains mushed just for really tiny pay cheques...

12 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Fedor got KO'd by matt mitrione tonight in bellator's MSG debut.

last emperor really really needs to hang em up. 

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

What a super weird night of fights in Bellator.  Almost everything that could go wrong for the promotion kind of did in a way.  

The main event made me miss watching guys juiced to the max fighting it out in the cage...

Yeah, some people hyped this as the best mma card of the year. My expectations were low and i was still slightly disappointing. Rizin needs to get the old guys who refuse to hang em up, let em juice to their hearts content then fight pride style. 

9 hours ago, wbbfan said:

last emperor really really needs to hang em up. 

Yeah, some people hyped this as the best mma card of the year. My expectations were low and i was still slightly disappointing. Rizin needs to get the old guys who refuse to hang em up, let em juice to their hearts content then fight pride style. 

They do... Crocop looked "fit" in his last fight out there :D 

19 hours ago, Brandon said:

They do... Crocop looked "fit" in his last fight out there :D 

They are trying they had fedor didnt they? Crocop looks 15 years younger i may need to try what ever the hell he is on. :lol:

18 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Michael Chandler would agree with your assessment. 

hahaha maybe the best moment from this weekend of MMA action. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

They are trying they had fedor didnt they? Crocop looks 15 years younger i may need to try what ever the hell he is on. :lol:

hahaha maybe the best moment from this weekend of MMA action. 

Justine Kish getting the **** choked out of her (literally) last night might have topped the Bellator weirdness. :blink:

11 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Justine Kish getting the **** choked out of her (literally) last night might have topped the Bellator weirdness. :blink:

Not many high lights, a lot of low lights, one brown light. It wasnt just bellator weirdness though, any time BJ penn fights that qualifies too. fatty hendricks missing weight by like 3.5 pounds and still getting ktfo. Over all it was a weekend with a lot of fights and a lot of fighters id rather never see fight again. 

It seems like once a year at some level or another an mma fighter poops the mat. literally. 

Just watched the card today....

How does Mario Yamasaki still find work in the UFC... the guy is as bad if not worse then Mazagatti.  Terrible call at the end.

Also how does Hendricks miss weight?  The guy doesn't look the same without his super vitamins....

Also the poop fight was adequate but not as squirty as this guy:

On 6/27/2017 at 0:45 AM, Brandon said:

Just watched the card today....

How does Mario Yamasaki still find work in the UFC... the guy is as bad if not worse then Mazagatti.  Terrible call at the end.

Also how does Hendricks miss weight?  The guy doesn't look the same without his super vitamins....

Also the poop fight was adequate but not as squirty as this guy:

The way regions name refs and judges is sickening. Mazz and yama need to be banished from any pro refing. 

Hendricks is such a joke. That guy needs his walking papers.