UFC

Goalie

My takeaway from watching the fight...

McGregor didn't embarass himself...

Floyd was in charge the whole fight....

Ref at the beginning was harsh on McGregor and then midway switched....

Two of the judges were completely bias to Mayweather by both giving him Round 2 and 3.....

Anyone suggesting anything about McGregor being a fool to box is ridiculous since McGregor is getting paid 30 million and then who knows how much bonuses and undisclosed cash.     Rumours that I read was Floyd is closer to 300 million and McGregor is at 100 million.  

I have no idea how the UFC are going to get Connor to fight for them?   They are going to have to pay the man 20 million per fight minimum...

Also Mayweather to MMA/UFC is never ever going to happen not even 1% chance.   He's a jerk but not an idiot.    

Edited by Brandon

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

Conor also hit Floyd in the back of the head about 11 times so maybe just maybe in boxing.. U lose points for that.

Nope, only time you lose points (in either sport) is if the ref deducted points.  

Those are not legal scoring punches though so you aren't getting credit for them either.  It's almost as if it never happened from a scoring point of view.  

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

My takeaway from watching the fight...

McGregor didn't embarass himself...

Floyd was in charge the whole fight....

Ref at the beginning was harsh on McGregor and then midway switched....

Two of the judges were completely bias to Mayweather by both giving him Round 2 and 3.....

Anyone suggesting anything about McGregor being a fool to box is ridiculous since McGregor is getting paid 30 million and then who knows how much bonuses and undisclosed cash.     Rumours that I read was Floyd is closer to 300 million and McGregor is at 100 million.  

I have no idea how the UFC are going to get Connor to fight for them?   They are going to have to pay the man 20 million per fight minimum...

Also Mayweather to MMA/UFC is never ever going to happen not even 1% chance.   He's a jerk but not an idiot.    

The UFC is gonna have to give mcg an ownership stake. And the biggest contract in mma history.

I was disappointing mcg didnt do more roberto duran style clinch fighting. But not surprised. Im glad its all over and will slowly die down. No one will come close to giving mcg a similar pay day in a 2nd boxing match, I dont think their is any chance it happens. Same as floyd in mma. I hope things can calm down now with the circus and we can get mcg vs aldo 2, mcg vs diaz 3, mcg vs khabib or any legit contender to his belt.   

5 hours ago, wbbfan said:

The UFC is gonna have to give mcg an ownership stake. And the biggest contract in mma history.

I was disappointing mcg didnt do more roberto duran style clinch fighting. But not surprised. Im glad its all over and will slowly die down. No one will come close to giving mcg a similar pay day in a 2nd boxing match, I dont think their is any chance it happens. Same as floyd in mma. I hope things can calm down now with the circus and we can get mcg vs aldo 2, mcg vs diaz 3, mcg vs khabib or any legit contender to his belt.   

I don't think it will be anytime soon, or with McGregor, but it's hard to see them never doing some sort of cross sport novelty bout again somewhere down the road. I'm sure every mma fighter, boxer, promoter..etc took notice at the $$ and draw this event was and would totally try to capitalize again someday when there are as big of names as we had yesterday.  

I personally would love to see them do an old school UFC like when it first started that saw a variety of fighting styles showcased in a stepladder tourney.  it was basically RL Street Fighter

11 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I don't think it will be anytime soon, or with McGregor, but it's hard to see them never doing some sort of cross sport novelty bout again somewhere down the road. I'm sure every mma fighter, boxer, promoter..etc took notice at the $$ and draw this event was and would totally try to capitalize again someday when there are as big of names as we had yesterday.  

I personally would love to see them do an old school UFC like when it first started that saw a variety of fighting styles showcased in a stepladder tourney.  it was basically RL Street Fighter

Ya as long as their is such crazy money in it it will allways happen again. At this point idk who that would be from the boxing world. loma in a few years?

The only reason to have done this was the insane money.  its a fight that is incredibly embarrassing to have even been sanctioned but the commissions are somewhat corrupt anyway and no one was saying no to the money.  Barring this kind of money being offered again, it wont happen.

But Connor will end up fighting again.  Its not like he will hold out for $100 million.  Mayweather did a wrestlemania for pocket change.  Guys that are driven by money (and thats not a bad thing) will see the value in different things and do it.  Connor can retire tomorrow and his kids' kids are set.  But why not make a few more?  Aside from the risk involved, which could be a factor, he'll want to make even more money.  Afterall, his kids' kids' kids might need something. 

The fight was a lot better than I was expecting.  There's no doubt in my mind McGregor deserved the first three rounds, and I thought the 4th was pretty close too. You could tell pretty early that Mayweather's strategy was to let McGregor punch himself out, but I was still impressed. Best stat of the night was that McGregor landed more punches against Mayweather than Pacquiao did.

Overall this was a big win for McGregor and the UFC.

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

The fight was a lot better than I was expecting.  There's no doubt in my mind McGregor deserved the first three rounds, and I thought the 4th was pretty close too. You could tell pretty early that Mayweather's strategy was to let McGregor punch himself out, but I was still impressed. Best stat of the night was that McGregor landed more punches against Mayweather than Pacquiao did.

Overall this was a big win for McGregor and the UFC.

Man mayweather  threw less than 30 punches in the first 3 rounds combined. Basically threw them in the gutter to make the fight interesting and let  him  punch himself  out. He was a lot more aggressive  with Pac man so it's not  really an apples to apples  comparison. 

I'll agree that he looked more  competitive  than anyone  would have expected but I  think the result was largely due to Mayweather's style and frankly   flattered  McGregor skill level.

Put him in the ring with a swarmer and he won't  be upright long enough to get gassed.

I'm  biased  af though  since I'm  involved with boxing. 

On 8/28/2017 at 0:30 PM, Fraser said:

Man mayweather  threw less than 30 punches in the first 3 rounds combined. Basically threw them in the gutter to make the fight interesting and let  him  punch himself  out. He was a lot more aggressive  with Pac man so it's not  really an apples to apples  comparison. 

I'll agree that he looked more  competitive  than anyone  would have expected but I  think the result was largely due to Mayweather's style and frankly   flattered  McGregor skill level.

Put him in the ring with a swarmer and he won't  be upright long enough to get gassed.

I'm  biased  af though  since I'm  involved with boxing. 

Thats allways been mayweathers MO in starting fights. He feels his opponent out, gauges distance, speed, reaction etc. 

Floyds style and slow start made mcg look sharper then he was. Flattered his boxing skill level for certain. Mma striking, and kick boxing is a very different set of skills. 

Credit: Wrestling Observer

While still being an overwhelmingly successful number, the live gate for the Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor superfight failed to break the record that Mayweather had established against Manny Pacquiao.

The Nevada Athletic Commission confirmed today that the gate for the August 26th fight was $55,414,865.79, falling short of the $72,198,500 in ticket sales generated by Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. Mayweather-McGregor now slots in as the second-highest gate in Nevada history, with 13,094 tickets sold and 137 complimentary tickets distributed.

The T-Mobile Arena was set up for 17,698 people, but high ticket prices contributed to the event not selling out despite substantial interest in it. There were 16,219 tickets sold for Mayweather vs. Pacquiao at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in 2015.

Whether Mayweather vs. McGregor broke the North American pay-per-view record should be known soon. Showtime's Stephen Espinoza has said that it's tracking to do in the mid-to-high four million buy range, which would be around the 4.6 million mark set by Mayweather-Pacquiao.

Dana White previously claimed that the Mayweather-McGregor PPV did 6.5 million buys internationally.

3 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Good fight to have...  this will really be a sign if Misha can compete with the elite or not.      

On 9/13/2017 at 10:36 AM, SPuDS said:

Why am I not surprised.. in the least.

had a chance to become a legend.. now will go down in history as a complete chump.

He will still be a legend. But just as much a cautionary tale now. (assuming his competitive mma career is now over) 

Biggest screw up of all time. 

Just saw, rigondeaux vs loma. Im soooooo excited for this fight! More then GGG canelo. 

Edited by wbbfan