UFC

Goalie

• 3 weeks later...

$150 million per year for five years.

15 Fight Night events on ESPN's new OTT service, ESPN+, beginning in January 2019

Each show will have the usual 12 fights and will be available exclusively on the platform, which currently costs $4.99/mo or $49.99 for a year-long subscription.

This is an exclusive deal for streaming rights.  No word yet on their main broadcast partner but the reports were that FOX was closing in on a deal.

On 2018-05-08 at 11:39 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

$150 million per year for five years.

15 Fight Night events on ESPN's new OTT service, ESPN+, beginning in January 2019

Each show will have the usual 12 fights and will be available exclusively on the platform, which currently costs $4.99/mo or $49.99 for a year-long subscription.

This is an exclusive deal for streaming rights.  No word yet on their main broadcast partner but the reports were that FOX was closing in on a deal.

Maybe its the amount of money the ufc sold for, but that doesnt seem like a lot. Not a fan, less accessible to most casuals. I wish they had gotten some thing in the deal to have the quality of the cards be closer to ppv then under under cards. 

On 2018-05-08 at 11:45 AM, sweep the leg said:

GSP vs Nate Diaz, at lightweight, is being rumoured for UFC 227.

I dont get this fight. Is this to set him up for a title shot at LW? Still the LW division is soo murky, and diaz is not one of the contenders or division elite.  

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Maybe its the amount of money the ufc sold for, but that doesnt seem like a lot. Not a fan, less accessible to most casuals. I wish they had gotten some thing in the deal to have the quality of the cards be closer to ppv then under under cards. 

I dont get this fight. Is this to set him up for a title shot at LW? Still the LW division is soo murky, and diaz is not one of the contenders or division elite.  

It’s a really good deal because it’s just for streaming rights. Their previous rights package was $168 million per year from FOX. This is $150 million just for streaming and they’re expected to get a TV deal of $200 million plus. 

So they’re doubling their rights fee. 

This deal is essentially $10 million per show which is a huge number. A loss leader for ESPN 

48 minutes ago, Brandon said:

GSP at lightweight?  Why would he even bother trying to cut down to that weight? 

i think they are going to try and push him into being the ufcs first ever 3 division champ. But man idk about that cut for him. 

On 2018-05-12 at 11:03 PM, bigg jay said:

Some nice fights tonight.  Lomachenko did his thing again, Vitor got retired in spectacular fashion by Machida, Bader wiped out King Mo and the nights not even over yet!

Loma is the only one in pro boxing i pay to watch. I seldom pay to watch ufc even. 

Ive been a big fan of machida for a long time. I wish we could have got machida vs belfort closer to their prime. I still dream in vain of machida vs silva. Machida vs bisping. Id watch it. I wonder if either of these guys go to rizin or bellator and trt it up. (or back up for vitor) Old dragon vs the ice man is probably in the future though. 

Dern looks better and better. Glad to hear she is gonna slow down camps a bit. Gotta make weight, but she is gonna be a great fighter in two years. 

On 2018-05-14 at 7:16 PM, Brandon said:

Chuck apparently trying to make a comeback and wants to fight Tito and Jon Jones.....   I think he has taken to many shots to the head....

csac says if he passes his physical they will give him a license. wonder if he will still be cornered by that guy hackman? from the pit.

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

csac says if he passes his physical they will give him a license. wonder if he will still be cornered by that guy hackman? from the pit.

Yes, John Hackleman will still be training/cornering Chuck.  A few weeks ago people started speculating about a Liddell return & Hackleman was interviewed about it & he said he's in - if the opponent was right (ie a cash grab fight with Tito where Chuck doesn't really stand a chance of getting seriously hurt).  

On 2018-05-10 at 7:32 PM, Brandon said:

GSP at lightweight?  Why would he even bother trying to cut down to that weight? 

B/c the biggest money fights he can make (McGregor & Khabib) are at lightweight.

And he could be the first ever three division champion.

Edited by sweep the leg

On 2018-05-17 at 6:30 PM, bigg jay said:

Yes, John Hackleman will still be training/cornering Chuck.  A few weeks ago people started speculating about a Liddell return & Hackleman was interviewed about it & he said he's in - if the opponent was right (ie a cash grab fight with Tito where Chuck doesn't really stand a chance of getting seriously hurt).  

Chuck's jaw is glass now. IMO there's only a select few fighters who wouldn't put him to sleep. Tito is probably one of them.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

They said people who reacted negatively to the ink were “sensitive ass mofo’s”. Hmmmm

Why does anyone care about a random guys tattoo? I've seen tonnes of offensive tattoos with my own eyes and I don't expect those people to justify why they have them. 

Anyone who cares about this guys tattoos really desperately needs a life.

27 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Why does anyone care about a random guys tattoo? I've seen tonnes of offensive tattoos with my own eyes and I don't expect those people to justify why they have them. 

Anyone who cares about this guys tattoos really desperately needs a life.

You really dont understand why some people reacted negatively?

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You really dont understand why some people reacted negatively?

About an f level athletes significant others tattoos that they saw in the background of a picture in a personal twitter account.

Why is this news?

Anyone who is upset about this truly needs a life or is trying way to hard searching for stuff to complain about.

I'm not saying his tattoos are right/wrong I just don't have a clue why this is in the news? 

Google image anything that you find offensive and you'll find millions of people with classless tattoos or wearing something that will upset someone.

16 hours ago, Brandon said:

About an f level athletes significant others tattoos that they saw in the background of a picture in a personal twitter account.

Why is this news?

Anyone who is upset about this truly needs a life or is trying way to hard searching for stuff to complain about.

I'm not saying his tattoos are right/wrong I just don't have a clue why this is in the news? 

Google image anything that you find offensive and you'll find millions of people with classless tattoos or wearing something that will upset someone.

You're under no obligation to reply.  lol  The fact many people did respond made it news. 

In another thread I posted the story of the alt right blogger who's husband worked for WWE.  He doesnt anymore because they started getting questions from the media about it.

If you end up on social media wearing a Nazi symbol on your shirt, hat or body, in a photo with someone who is considered an athlete or celebrity and thus, the photo gains wide viewing (and especially if it is widely criticized), you might get a call from your HR department, depending on where you work. 

This isnt a surprise.  I posted it because it was related to UFC and generating news activity (MMA sites, deadspin, CBS).  Thats all.  Some people might think all racism and bigotry and hate should be called out and shamed.  And so they do. 

In other UFC news, CM Punk, who has a fight this Saturday, has been in court the past week dealing with his lawsuit with WWE Doctor (Punk is being sued).  Probably not the place you want to be when you should be training for a fight.  Closing arguments are today though.

The case has been rather absurd.  The gist is Punk went on Colt Cabana's podcast in 2014 and ripped WWE medical for several things, most specifically, not diagnosing a lump on his ass which Punk claimed was MRSA and could have killed him.  There is a lot of testimony about the Lump.