Random News Items

Rich

50 cent instagram cash

Rapper 50 Cent likes to pose with wads of money, even if it's fake money.

The rapper, whose real name is Curtis J. Jackson III, went to court in Connecticut this week to explain to a judge that he used fake prop money in Instagram photos of him lounging amid bundles of cash.

Jackson had been summoned to court to explain the cash-strewn photos because he's involved in bankruptcy proceedings.

But after telling the court the money wasn't real, Jackson tweeted a new picture of himself Wednesday with stacks of cash sticking out of his pants.

I had to go to court today because pic.twitter.com/UIeyiyBplT

— 50cent (@50cent)

March 9, 2016

According to a court filing, the rapper's photos use fake cash and are part of Jackson's "routine social media marketing activities."

News of the fake money was first reported by the Hartford Courant and The Wall Street Journal.

Jackson's lawyers maintain that he didn't use hidden assets and has disclosed all of his money accurately.

The original summons came in February from a judge who said she was "concerned about allegations of nondisclosure or a lack of transparency in the case."

I dont believe in nothing no more

So, security replaced for enforcing company policy equally.  If an Aboriginal security officer asks me to abide by company policy can I claim racism?

Six weeks after he was unceremoniously kicked out of Portage Place, indigenous elder and military veteran Joseph Meconse was honoured and received a formal apology during a press conference Friday to announce changes to the downtown mall’s operation.

“Today is a beautiful day and everybody around me is significant,” said the 74-year-old Meconse, who was kicked out the mall’s food court for loitering in late January despite having just sat down with a plate of food. “I’m just happy to be alive and happy to be here to stand up for our people and stand up for everybody.”

Meconse was honoured Friday as the mall’s official Ogichidaa, an indigenous ambassador and liaison. Bear Paw Security will replace the former security firm, to bring indigenous values to the mall, and a new aboriginal music series is being launched this spring and summer in co-ordination with Manyfest.

“Today, Portage Place will reach out to those we have wronged and in return we will ask for forgiveness,” said Portage Place general manager David Stone, who met with Meconse and Manito Ahbee Festival executive director Lisa Meeches following the incident to apologize.

“I think the incident with Joe, I could call it a tipping point. But I think more of what came out of that incident with Joe was conversation: Conversation with Joe, conversation with Lisa and some of the leaders in the indigenous community.”

In early February, Stone apologized for Meconse’s treatment and announced the elimination of the policy limiting patrons to only 30 minutes in the food court. In response to the incident, protests were held including a flash mob involving about 200 people.

“This is a very important and significant day,” said Meconse. “I finally got what I was working for: to get the people to gather together to be friendly, be friends with everybody.”

During the press conference Friday, Stone also took the opportunity to apologize to Annie Henry, a then-79-year-old from Roseau River First Nation who suffered similar treatment from Portage Place security in March 2013.

“Most importantly, we would like to start the process of moving forward but apologizing for the errors of our past,” said Stone.

A pipe ceremony and a round dance involving members of the downtown’s business and indigenous communities was held following the press conference.

In his role as the mall’s Ogichidaa, Meconse would like to work with Portage Place to make it the welcoming place he feels it should be. He said he would like to see the mall add comfortable furniture its elderly shoppers to use.

“My plan is to continue what I’m doing right now,” said Meconse. “At 74, as long as I can get something done today, that’s good enough. We don’t try to strive to get something (done) that we know we can’t handle. We have to know our boundaries and how far we can go.”

GDawkins@postmedia.com

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

So, security replaced for enforcing company policy equally.  If an Aboriginal security officer asks me to abide by company policy can I claim racism?

Six weeks after he was unceremoniously kicked out of Portage Place, indigenous elder and military veteran Joseph Meconse was honoured and received a formal apology during a press conference Friday to announce changes to the downtown mall’s operation.

“Today is a beautiful day and everybody around me is significant,” said the 74-year-old Meconse, who was kicked out the mall’s food court for loitering in late January despite having just sat down with a plate of food. “I’m just happy to be alive and happy to be here to stand up for our people and stand up for everybody.”

Meconse was honoured Friday as the mall’s official Ogichidaa, an indigenous ambassador and liaison. Bear Paw Security will replace the former security firm, to bring indigenous values to the mall, and a new aboriginal music series is being launched this spring and summer in co-ordination with Manyfest.

“Today, Portage Place will reach out to those we have wronged and in return we will ask for forgiveness,” said Portage Place general manager David Stone, who met with Meconse and Manito Ahbee Festival executive director Lisa Meeches following the incident to apologize.

“I think the incident with Joe, I could call it a tipping point. But I think more of what came out of that incident with Joe was conversation: Conversation with Joe, conversation with Lisa and some of the leaders in the indigenous community.”

In early February, Stone apologized for Meconse’s treatment and announced the elimination of the policy limiting patrons to only 30 minutes in the food court. In response to the incident, protests were held including a flash mob involving about 200 people.

“This is a very important and significant day,” said Meconse. “I finally got what I was working for: to get the people to gather together to be friendly, be friends with everybody.”

During the press conference Friday, Stone also took the opportunity to apologize to Annie Henry, a then-79-year-old from Roseau River First Nation who suffered similar treatment from Portage Place security in March 2013.

“Most importantly, we would like to start the process of moving forward but apologizing for the errors of our past,” said Stone.

A pipe ceremony and a round dance involving members of the downtown’s business and indigenous communities was held following the press conference.

In his role as the mall’s Ogichidaa, Meconse would like to work with Portage Place to make it the welcoming place he feels it should be. He said he would like to see the mall add comfortable furniture its elderly shoppers to use.

“My plan is to continue what I’m doing right now,” said Meconse. “At 74, as long as I can get something done today, that’s good enough. We don’t try to strive to get something (done) that we know we can’t handle. We have to know our boundaries and how far we can go.”

GDawkins@postmedia.com

It looks like what happened spurred a conversation that will hopefully be the first steps in transforming what has been a place so many people avoid to a place where a sense of community could develop. That sounds good to me. 

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/03/brian-johnson-downplays-hearing-issues-says-he-was-kicked-to-the-curb-acdc/

Brian Johnson downplays hearing issues, says he was “kicked to the curb” by AC/DC

AC/DC frontman shares his side of the story with friend and comedian Jim Breuer

ON MARCH 15, 2016, 10:10AM

AC/DC Brian Johnson

Earlier this month, AC/DC announced the immediate departure of longtime frontman Brian Johnson citing crippling hearing issues. As the band explained it, Johnson risked “total hearing loss” if he continued touring.

However, according to Johnson’s longtime friend and comedian Jim Breuer, the AC/DC singer’s hearing issues are being overblown, and Johnson feels he was unfairly “kicked to the curb.”

As Ultimate Classic Rock reports, Breuer relayed a recent conversation he had with Johnson during the latest episode of his podcast. “He said that he called and let [the band] know, ‘Hey this is what the doctor said, but let’s try to figure this out.'” Breuer continued, “[Johnson] didn’t say he wanted to quit. He didn’t say he was done. He called with that information, and two days later, he read in the papers and heard on Twitter and everywhere else, ‘Brian Johnson going deaf, canceling tour.’ A day later, and it was ‘Oh, we’re gonna have guest singers.’”

(Read: Closing Time: Why More Bands Need to Say Farewell)

Breuer said that Johnson even received a second opinion and was told his hearing damage wasn’t as bad as he was initially led to believe. “Then he’s like, ‘You know what? I would really like to finish and do some shows. I think we can knock this out.'” However, as Breuer went on to reveal, “Then all his luggage that he toured with showed up at his driveway. There’s been no calls. No, ‘How’s your hearing? How’s your health? What’s going on?’ Boom. Here’s your ****, nice to know you.'”

Johnson told Breuer that he believes Angus Young, whose seven years his junior, hopes to continue AC/DC for another decade and fears Johnson’s hearing issues would derail those plans. “[Angus] wants to write another album and do one more tour. Who’s filling those shoes? How do you do that after 40 years? It’s just really weird.”

According to Breuer, Johnson is “really depressed” and feels like a “hired gun” whose been “kicked to the curb.”

We’ve reached out to AC/DC for comment and will let you know if and when we hear back

There best days are well behind them, but if the end is near for AC/DC this is a shame to go out like this 

http://globalnews.ca/news/2578728/anonymous-declares-total-war-on-donald-trump/?sf22598335=1

Anonymous declares ‘total war’ on Donald Trump

nicole-globalnewsBy Nicole BogartTech Reporter  Global News

The hacker collective Anonymous has once again declared "total war" against Donald Trump, promising to crush the Republican presidential candidates campaign by exposing "embarrassing personal information."

The hacker collective Anonymous has once again declared "total war" against Donald Trump, promising to crush the Republican presidential candidates campaign by exposing "embarrassing personal information."

Screenshot/YouTube
- A A +

The hacker collective Anonymous has once again declared “total war” againstDonald Trump, promising to crush the Republican presidential candidates campaign by exposing “embarrassing personal information.”

In a video posted on March 4, the hacker group encouraged hackers and members of the public to help take down Trump’s websites using a Denial of Service Attack (DDoS). DDoS attacks are often used by hacker groups to bring down websites by flooding the site with requests until its servers are overloaded and crash.

Using the hashtag #OpTrump, the group aims to take down the website of Trump’s Chicago hotel – TrumpChicago.com – on April 1.

READ MORE: ‘Humans of New York’ creator takes on Trump in open letter: ‘the hateful one is you’

Anonymous is also allegedly trying to expose any “embarrassing information” Trump might be trying to hide.

“Dear Donald Trump, we have been watching you for a long time and what we see is deeply disturbing,” said the voice in the video.

“Your inconsistent and hateful campaign has not only shocked the United States of America, you have shocked the entire planet with your appalling actions and ideas.”

The group has also posted a document allegedly containing Trump’s personal information, including what the group claims to be his social security number and cellphone number.

READ MORE: Anonymous declares war on Donald Trump; takes down website

Anonymous first declared war on Trump in December, after the Republican called for a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.” During that campaign, the group took responsibility for taking down the Trump Tower New York’s website using a DDoS attack.

News of the “war on Trump” comes on an important day for U.S. presidential primary season. Voters will head to the polls in five big states on Tuesday to vote for Republican and Democrat candidates; but Ohio and Florida are the states to watch. If his rivals want any chance at stopping Donald Trump, it’s up to John Kasich and Marco Rubio to win in their home states.

is there really anything Anon can post about Trump, that can... well trump, Trump himself damaging his image on an open mic?

depends what grounds there are for charges, cyber terrorism? invasion of privacy? cyber bullying? Im sure the FBI or CIA could recruit a few hackers and locate the original IP address, even if they are using tech to encrypt it and bounce it around from place to place.  it would probably be seen as a waste of resources tho looking for people airing others dirty laundry like the list of KKK members.

I think this is what anonymous looks like at secret staff parties 

c3788c57e1a79597a1a45638e8cb7c84.jpg

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/03/15/lindsey-lohans-lawsuit-rockstar-allowed-to-proceed/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Lindsay Lohan’s lawsuit against Rockstar allowed to proceed

BY RON DUWELL | MARCH 15, 2016

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Stay Connected with Us! Follow TechnoBuffalo

Lindsay Lohan GTA

In a shocking turn of events for a video game lawsuit many dismissed as dead on arrival, a New York Supreme Court judge has allowed Lindsey Lohan’s lawsuit against Rockstar Games to go forward.

The history of the case has been well documented to this point. Lohan’s complaints against Rockstar stem from Grand Theft Auto V and the character Lacey Jonas, a troubled Hollywood starlet who is always on the run from paparazzi. Jonas’ fashion, personality, and lifestyle are all something Lohan claims to be stolen from her, and she is looking for compensation.

Rockstar filed to have the lawsuit dismissed on grounds that Lohan waited too long to file her claims, also pointing out that it was a publicity stunt. However,  Judge Joan Kennedy did not agree and sided with Lohan, allowing the lawsuit to head into trial.

Again, this really is a huge legal sham, maybe even more outlandishly ridiculous than DeflategateGrand Theft Auto V is satire and looks into the stereotypical lives of all facets of American culture. Spoiled, Hollywood starlets is just one group of people it pokes fun at, and the character of Lacey Jonas could be based on any number of them out there

you know your career is in the toilet when....

Hey if a lawyer convinced her she has a case, and presumably she does if this Judge is letting it go, then more power to her.  But it's still awfully crazy.  At worst its protected satire/parody.  At best, it's a character meant to be a composite of a stereotypical Hollywood starlet.  Could open a can of worms because Rockstar has poked fun at others, even more obviously than Lohan...  One future remedy might be to just hire Lohan to portray the character in the video game.  Perhaps she'd have a better sense of humor if she was collecting a cheque.

5 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

depends what grounds there are for charges, cyber terrorism? invasion of privacy? cyber bullying? Im sure the FBI or CIA could recruit a few hackers and locate the original IP address, even if they are using tech to encrypt it and bounce it around from place to place.  it would probably be seen as a waste of resources tho looking for people airing others dirty laundry like the list of KKK members.

I think this is what anonymous looks like at secret staff parties 

c3788c57e1a79597a1a45638e8cb7c84.jpg

As I suspected, they're more or less generic of sex.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

On 3/14/2016 at 0:38 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

LAOiARz.jpg

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoban-granted-right-to-die-with-help-from-doctors-1.3492663

Manitoban granted right to die with help from doctors

Manitoban suffering from 2 conditions granted exemption

CBC News Posted: Mar 15, 2016 2:20 PM CT Last Updated: Mar 15, 2016 2:58 PM CT

A Manitoban has been granted the right to die with help from doctors, the first time it has happened in the province.

A Manitoban has been granted the right to die with help from doctors, the first time it has happened in the province. (iStock)

A Manitoban has been granted the right to die with help from doctors, the first time it has happened in the province.

Chief Justice Glenn Joyal awarded the patient an exemption that will allow physicians to help end the patient's life.

The patient wishes to remain anonymous, so gender and condition is not being disclosed for privacy reasons.

The patient's attorney John Myers said his client was in "enduring and intolerable pain" and had less than one month to live due to two conditions.

Myers also told Joyal the patient is fully informed, not depressed and has the mental capacity to make a clear decision.

In 2015, Canada's highest court ruled people with grievous and irremediable medical conditions should be able to access a doctor-assisted death.

Now, the federal government is drafting legislation to deal with the ruling, which is due on June 6, 2016.

In the meantime, patients can apply for physician-assisted death exemptions to allow them to access it earlier.

Earlier this month, a Calgary woman was granted such an exemption, and in Toronto, a court case on another exemption is currently underway.

No one opposed Joyal's request for a Charter application, but the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority did appear to request a publication ban on details about the physicians who will carry out the procedure.

The health authority was concerned revealing the physicians' and other health care providers' identities could hurt their relationships with other patients.

Testimony took much of the day on Tuesday, and in the afternoon, Joyal took less than an hour to rule in favour of an exemption that would allow the patient to access a physician-assisted death.

Joyal also ruled in favour of publication bans to protect the identities of the patient as well as the physicians and other health care providers involved.

He said the court was satisfied the patient was competent, over 18 years of age and could consent to ending their life.

Joyal will release a report outlining his reasons for the ruling later this week.

The following statements were provided to the media:

Statement from the patient

"I believe that an integral aspect of a person's right to die with dignity includes the opportunity to have a physician assisted death. My decision to seek a physician assisted death is borne out of the physical pain I am suffering and the intolerable effects of my diseases on my overall quality of life. I want a physician assisted death and I am completely at ease with this decision.

My family is the most important and fulfilling part of my life. While it has been sad to say good-bye and to plan to leave my family, I am not feeling anxious, depressed or in fear of death.

I wish to spend the remaining days of my life in the privacy and company of my family. It is important to me that neither myself nor my family is subjected to the public attention that might follow if my name or other identifying features of my experience is released to the public. Any attention would be detrimental to my wish to die with dignity, privately and in the company of my family."

Statement from the patient's spouse

"As the spouse, I recognize it takes great courage to elect a physician assisted death as one's end-of-life medical treatment. I and my family deeply appreciate that the decision of my spouse will also help to relieve our emotional burden, having watched my spouse suffer enormous pain and watched as their quality of life rapidly deteriorated.

I understand my spouse's wishes to seek out a physician-assisted death and I fully and wholeheartedly support those wishes to exercise the constitutional right to die with dignity.

I believe that any attention would be detrimental to my spouse's wish to die with dignity, privately and in the company of family."

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

In reading about the publication ban on the physicians involved, it had me wondering if physicians can refuse to be involved if they dont agree with. They are ppl too with their own morals and opinions on the matter 

I would certainly think so.  You cant walk into a hospital and force a doctor to prescribe end of life medication.  However, my dad is in the Palliative Care program and all of the Doctors and Nurses that work in the program are very sensitive to patience dying and I would think most, if not all, would be comfortable with being involved.  And certainly those that wouldnt want to actually administer, there would be someone who would.

5 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

In reading about the publication ban on the physicians involved, it had me wondering if physicians can refuse to be involved if they dont agree with. They are ppl too with their own morals and opinions on the matter 

If they are not comfortable with it, then they should be in an area of practice where the issue does not come up. Reminds me of pharmacists who don't want to sell birth control. If they are unwilling to provide legal care, including end of life decisions, then they should not be allowed to have their morals trump the patients.

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

If you wanna go and you an adult let em go even if you not sick. Call me radical.

Well the issue there is mental health and sober thought.  Many people who try and end their life and fail are glad they failed.  So the issue is making sure this is not depression, something that they would not want down the road.  In this case, I believe the patient has a month or so to live, is in a lot of pain and wants to choose the time of death surrounded by family.  Hard to argue with that.