Random News Items

Rich

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

But that makes no sense at all.

What if a tiny 100 lbs man attacks you... you have the right to clock him in the face despite being much larger then him?

What if a larger lady say Gabi Garcia (google it) approaches you and throws a stiff right?  You wouldn't fight back because purely of her gender?

Then it can get really confusing... what if a person who identifies as the gender of female but still has the anatomy of a male hits you?  

I like my theory of merely not hitting anyone regardless of gender.    Makes it much easier in life.  

Agreed, take the gender right out of it and enforce physical violence equally, that's the simplest solution.  Making excuses for women to be able to hit men sends the message that this is a grey area and that some levels of physical violence are acceptable.  Kids can learn this message, time for adults to learn it as well.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Agreed, take the gender right out of it and enforce physical violence equally, that's the simplest solution.  Making excuses for women to be able to hit men sends the message that this is a grey area and that some levels of physical violence are acceptable.  Kids can learn this message, time for adults to learn it as well.

I must have missed where anyone said it was okay for a woman to hit a man.  People stretching here to provide reasoning for "equal violence".  yikes.  Dont hit women.  period.  You want to expand the conversation to "dont hit men"?  go head.  But really, a woman hits a man and "dont hit women" still applies. 

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If you're confused by when you can hit a woman and when you cant, you're doing it wrong.

I'm saying no one should hit anyone.     

If you think that it's ok for you to hit another man then that's terrible,  I'm not sure how bouncers (if bouncers) are trained but it's not like police are trained to throw a right hook followed by a left uppercut.    A bouncer *should* be trying to sub-due the problem regardless of sex and in the safest manner possible.    Throwing punches is not the right technique to do. 

It's very hypocritical for you to say that you can punch a defenseless 100 lbs scrawny man but  it's off limits if a large out of control lady doing the same thing as the scrawny man.  

Nobody should be hitting nobody and that is the only correct answer.   

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Apparently there is a national SHAW outage right now.  Phone, Internet, Cable. 

I love how people tweet at SHAW and ask "is there an outage" or complain and demand to know if something is going on.  You're already on twitter, morons, just LOOK!

I do find it funny when people on facebook and reddit will take more time to post on those sites rather then doing a quick google search....

I have a couple friends like that. Or they will openly wonder about something. And I say gee if only there was an invention, something like a small computer you can carry with you always that could answer all these questions. 

Get a mystery date on grinder in thirty seconds. No problem. But how old is Laurence Fishburn? That's a mystery never meant to be solved. 

The most ridiculous thing I've read in a while. In some ways I can understand MPI's perspective - if they didn't there would be a group calling them racist. But the complainer who contacted MPI needs to stop reading more into things than are there. 

4 minutes ago, Jacquie said:

The most ridiculous thing I've read in a while. In some ways I can understand MPI's perspective - if they didn't there would be a group calling them racist. But the complainer who contacted MPI needs to stop reading more into things than are there. 

People have way to much free time and also why are so many people wanting to kill whatever fun life has to provide these days? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Snowflake

Edited by Brandon

33 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

When was last time someone got hit with copyright infringement notice with their isp? Have not got one in 10 years with MTS but friend on Shaw got one after couple weeks of torrenting.

Hmmmmm isn't it up to the infringed party to request notice be sent out?  

Shaw is a larger company than Mts (it was anyway) so maybe shaw has more resources dedicated to that 

3 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Alot of people on twitter actually thought that he had died.

But if he was retiring why would they fly the UJ's at half mast?

I heard that as a rumor, but was it actually true.

Im thinking either the family thinks his retirement is a really big deal or there was a health scare that prompted the retirement announcement (but not that bad since the Prince is keeping up his schedule until the fall) or perhaps a family intervention to convince the Prince to retire.  Not sure why else the family would all be assembled.

Another airline acting dumb.  Barring additional information coming forth, this family of 5 were returning home from Hawaii but one of the 5, an 18 year old son, had flown home earlier.  His ticket was unused.  His seat was unused.

The parents decided to let one of their smaller children sit in the unused seat.  The airline refused and removed the family from the aircraft under threat of being imprisoned.

The reasoning, its against airline policy to for Person A to use a ticket in someone else's name.  But that's not really what was happening here.  There was an unused seat on the plane.  They knew it was unused because they had the ticket.  They paid for the seat.

I've flown several times and I've seen passengers move to other seats all the time. This is not against the law or rules.  I've never seen it denied either.

When will these airlines start using some common sense.

Edited by The Unknown Poster