Random News Items

Rich

On 2017-06-16 at 9:41 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I thought I had this problem ( do not) so got tested for it.

they connect many, probably more than 15 wires to different parts of your body, (just contact) and then do some tests. (your supposed to attempt to sleep)

then, put the breathing unit/apparatus on to see how that worked.  It steadily forces air into your nose or mouth or both can't remember.

there is always slight inwards air pressure. so exhaling requires effort.

Did not like that feeling at all.

42 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Awful video 

Just disgusting. How in the F did the jury acquit!? That's murder.

... and the cops excuse? He smelt "burnt marijuana" and was concerned for the child's welfare. 

Yeah, please protect society from the horrors of pot smoking. Much safer to commit murder and have kid grow up without a dad. 

I dont recall Thompson being a very effective Mayor but I might not be recalling well.  The 90's sucked in this city.  And I was graduating high school so I was less involved in politics.  I just knew it sucked and everyone I knew wanted to move to Alberta. 

I think she took some heat for the Jets leaving (as did Filmon) and neither of them deserved it.  She did bring the Pan Am Games here which was pretty cool especially since there was nothing else going on here.

19 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I dont recall Thompson being a very effective Mayor but I might not be recalling well.  The 90's sucked in this city.  And I was graduating high school so I was less involved in politics.  I just knew it sucked and everyone I knew wanted to move to Alberta. 

I think she took some heat for the Jets leaving (as did Filmon) and neither of them deserved it.  She did bring the Pan Am Games here which was pretty cool especially since there was nothing else going on here.

Yes I don't really recall much, I just know she beat Selinger and that is almost assuredly a good thing considering his reign of error as Premier.

12 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:
its interesting they claim very low patient numbers over night because that has not been my experience when going there. I guess I've always had bad timing. 

My experience has been the same the few times I've been in there at night.  I guess it might depend on what they mean when they say they "see" one patient an hour on average.  Does that mean that's how many people come through the doors or the rate people are seen by the doctor?  If it's the latter, then that I can believe!

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

At least she tried to set a standard of quitting after 2 terms. It may still be holding. Furry Murray didnt make 2. Katz was out after 2 full terms after his halfers when Murray quit and if we lucky our wishy-washy new guy is out after 1 but probably in it till he dies.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

This is still the record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QADr4hVKs3Y

39 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

At least she tried to set a standard of quitting after 2 terms. It may still be holding. Furry Murray didnt make 2. Katz was out after 2 full terms after his halfers when Murray quit and if we lucky our wishy-washy new guy is out after 1 but probably in it till he dies.

This is still the record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QADr4hVKs3Y

Was that Chris Pratt holding the beer at 1:17?!?