Random News Items

Rich

I have a lot of respect for Sinclair

I have a lot of respect for Sinclair (he was the judge assigned to the baby deaths inquest that my mom was involved in and I actually dated a relation of his years ago).  But he's out to lunch here.  Comes across very biased.  Because I dont think his opinion would be the same if these instances were about Pallister.

The desire to sweep this stuff under the rug is a major issue in the Aboriginal community and its sad to see someone of Sinclair's status supporting that.  The changed man routine is all fine and dandy but Wab is lying TODAY.  He also lied in his book which just came out a couple of years ago.  In fact, he heavly implied in his book that several of his relationships ended due to "arguing", "fighting" and his "anger". 

Wab could be Premier of Manitoba.  This is all fair game because of his own deeds and words.  This poor woman is being re-victimized and Wab calling her a liar and the NDP, the party that supports women endorsing that position is deplorable.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

18 minutes ago, Brandon said:

So I read that the mayor is supporting Wab....   I'm hoping folks around here are not planning to vote him back in again next time around.  

Brian Bowman needs to spend less time opining on provincial politics and more time working as a damned mayor.

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Ok Trump..

maybe don't leave skeletons in your closet?  Maybe don't lie about how you beat down a cabbie in your "tell all" book?  Maybe be honest about how you used to be a woman beater??

the more this carries on, the more this looks worse and worse for wab and the NDP.   I get the reasons why that they are pushing him so hard to be the next young, hip NDP leader but I think they didn't vet their choice wisely at all..

@Spuds

Yup.  beating a woman...and Wab has a long list of issues so this isnt a "mistake", meaning he has no option but to say "I've changed"...is always deplorable.  He threatened to kill her actually. 

But if he really was a changed man, he would hold a major presser, admit his wrong doing 100%, apologize profusely and demand everyone leave the victim alone.  His continued statements that she is lying is encouraging his supporters to pursue her and its sickening.  I've seen people online supporting her being shouted down as racists.   Which seems to be the NDP's plan here.  Anyone critical of Wab or the party are racists. 

Wab and the NDP's behavior here is re-victimization 101. 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

How do you figure Gord looks bad?  What looks bad is how the mainstream media ignored it until the "citizen journalist" blog types pushed the issues.  Wab saying his victim is a liar makes it relevant.  Wab downplaying (or out and out lying) about the assault on a cabbie makes it relevant.  Wab's demands for other public servants to step down for personal issues makes his own relevant. 

Gord seems to be hounding her pretty aggressively. I think she just wanted to say her piece, have her side of the story heard, and move on. I have no problem with Wab being put under the microscope, but she went into hiding for a reason...

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:
I have a lot of respect for Sinclair

I have a lot of respect for Sinclair (he was the judge assigned to the baby deaths inquest that my mom was involved in and I actually dated a relation of his years ago).  But he's out to lunch here.  Comes across very biased.  Because I dont think his opinion would be the same if these instances were about Pallister.

The desire to sweep this stuff under the rug is a major issue in the Aboriginal community and its sad to see someone of Sinclair's status supporting that.  The changed man routine is all fine and dandy but Wab is lying TODAY.  He also lied in his book which just came out a couple of years ago.  In fact, he heavly implied in his book that several of his relationships ended due to "arguing", "fighting" and his "anger". 

Wab could be Premier of Manitoba.  This is all fair game because of his own deeds and words.  This poor woman is being re-victimized and Wab calling her a liar and the NDP, the party that supports women endorsing that position is deplorable.

Don't seem to recall Murray calling the media dogging Pallister on his time in Costa Rica a witch hunt. They made a way bigger deal out of that than they are with Wab, even though going on vacation pales in comparison to lying about multiple assaults. 

28 minutes ago, nate007 said:

Gord seems to be hounding her pretty aggressively. I think she just wanted to say her piece, have her side of the story heard, and move on. I have no problem with Wab being put under the microscope, but she went into hiding for a reason...

True.  But being in hiding and Gord knowing where she is implies he'd not someone she's hiding from.  He seems sensitive to her plight as he indicated he felt she might choose not to answer.  And in fact, when he returned for a follow up, she didnt.

Normally, in a case like this, this would result in overwhelming support for the victim to an extent where she might actually gain closure or some level of healing.  At the very least, support.  The fact she is being re-victimized by the NDP part and her attacker and his supporters is beyond despicable.

If it was anyone else, the calls for his resignation would be overwhelming.

I know this won't make the press but while driving towards winnipeg today down route 59 (I live in Ile Des Chenes) between the seine river and the floodway overpass there was a car on the side of the road with it's hazards on. I moved to the left lane in case someone suddenly jumped out of the vehicle but as i went by there was what appeared to be a big ass black moose on the side of the road dead.  Couldn't tell if the SUV had hit it or not, but after picking up my son and driving back it, and the car were still there.  2 mooses now in South Wpg within the last month.  are they coming up from minnesota?  Only moose I've ever seen in MB was in western MB - Riding mountain to be exact. I suppose there could be some in the whiteshell or maybe N. Ont but seems like a long trek to end up where they did