Random News Items

Rich

8 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Should have gone to cops asap.

Well thats part of the issue.  So many women are used to the groping and inappropriate behaviour that they shrug it off.  Swift didnt do anything but complain to her mom and manager.  The manager informed the sponsor (the DJ's employer) who did their own investigation and fired him.  Then he, incredulously, sues Swift (and her mom and manager).  He assaults her and then sues her.

I have a lot of respect for Swift in how she handled out. Im sure the DJ figured she'd want to avoid the pub and expense and they'd come to a settlement.  In stead, she takes the time to actually go to trial and counter sues for $1 because its not about money.  And in her own statement she said she is very fortunate to be able to defend herself and finance a trial when so many others can't. 

So...good for Taylor Swift!

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Good riddance.  CIBC and PC both suck. 

The customer service for PC sucked,  but the benefits were really good and I got good rates in Ontario with PC Financial.    

Now if you want to talk about banks sucking...  let me introduce you to Royal Bank.... 

Just now, Brandon said:

The customer service for PC sucked,  but the benefits were really good and I got good rates in Ontario with PC Financial.    

Now if you want to talk about banks sucking...  let me introduce you to Royal Bank.... 

I used to work for Royal Bank.  I can attest they suck.  Im a credit union guy now.  So much better service.

PC had good rates sure.  But their service has been atrocious. 

Wasn't sure where to put this... Winnipeg soon to be added as a bureau under The Athletic banner.

I for one am always starved for more sports content, and I think these guys have been doing it right, bringing on board lots of a-list sports personalities.   Hopefully they'll make some good local hires and improve the city's print content for sports. 

New city outposts were opened in Toronto (November 2016), Cleveland (March 2017), Detroit (July 2017) and the San Francisco Bay Area (August 2017), with Philadelphia up next (September 2017). Additionally, in short order, there will be bureaus launched in the NHL's six other Canadian cities (Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver, and Winnipeg), plus more hockey coverage across the U.S.

https://theathletic.com/86695/2017/08/23/whats-next-for-the-athletic-glad-you-asked/

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/451013/banana-peel-frightens-ole-miss-fraternity-retreat-canceled-mississippi

A weekend fraternity retreat at the University of Mississippi ended early on Saturday because a student threw his banana peel away in a tree — and some students who saw it got “frightened” that the peel was a racist attack. According to an article in the Daily Mississippian, three black students told National Pan-Hellenic Council leaders that they had seen a banana peel on a tree and that they were very upset about it. The leaders then shared their concerns with the rest of the camp, and one of the attendees, Ryan Swanson, admitted that he had placed the peel on the tree — explaining that he had actually not done so because he hates people of color and wants to intimidate them, but because he just couldn’t find a garbage can to put it in. But it didn’t end there: In fact, it prompted an entire day of “camp-wide conversation” about the racist “symbolism, intended or not” of the banana, a conversation that made some students feel so upset that they didn’t feel “safe” enough to stay, which ultimately led to the rest of the retreat being canceled altogether.

25 minutes ago, Rich said:

This is how dumb society has become.

RACISM! RACISM EVERYWHERE!

Listen to the intelligent words of Morgan Freeman.  Want to stop racism?  'stop talking about it'.  There is no system in place to keep black people down in America.  (unless you're talking about Democrat-run cities)

The opposite is true.  They are MANY programs and institutions whose sole purpose is to further black people in society.

Edited by basslicker

3 hours ago, basslicker said:

This is how dumb society has become.

RACISM! RACISM EVERYWHERE!

Listen to the intelligent words of Morgan Freeman.  Want to stop racism?  'stop talking about it'.  There is no system in place to keep black people down in America.  (unless you're talking about Democrat-run cities)

The opposite is true.  They are MANY programs and institutions whose sole purpose is to further black people in society.

Its pretty sad that a piece of garbage can be misconstrued so badly that it becomes a racist sign..  I truly weep for humanity.

Check out the video in this story. 

Short version. Suspect speeds away from police on Utah. Suspect crashes head on into truck driver.  Suspect dies. Truck driver, the victim, arrived at hospital in a coma. 

Poloce arrice to take blood from the victim to check for illicit drugs. 

Nurse refuses. Policy and law is clear. Police cannot take blood unless patient gives consent, is under arrest or there is a warrant. None of which exist. 

Cop threatens to arrest nurse if she does not let him take blood.  She confirms the law and gets her supervisor on the phone. 

Cop can be heard telling another cop they can't get a warrant because there isn't probable cause. 

Nurse stands her ground. Cop physically takes her under arrest. 

Cop is still on duty 

nurse is a hero in my book 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/09/01/this-is-crazy-sobs-utah-hospital-nurse-as-cop-roughs-her-up-arrests-her-for-doing-her-job/

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Check out the video in this story. 

Short version. Suspect speeds away from police on Utah. Suspect crashes head on into truck driver.  Suspect dies. Truck driver, the victim, arrived at hospital in a coma. 

Poloce arrice to take blood from the victim to check for illicit drugs. 

Nurse refuses. Policy and law is clear. Police cannot take blood unless patient gives consent, is under arrest or there is a warrant. None of which exist. 

Cop threatens to arrest nurse if she does not let him take blood.  She confirms the law and gets her supervisor on the phone. 

Cop can be heard telling another cop they can't get a warrant because there isn't probable cause. 

Nurse stands her ground. Cop physically takes her under arrest. 

Cop is still on duty 

nurse is a hero in my book 

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/09/01/this-is-crazy-sobs-utah-hospital-nurse-as-cop-roughs-her-up-arrests-her-for-doing-her-job/

Repost :)

i think the big story here is that the nurses last name is Wubbles.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg