Random News Items

Rich

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Better Wab then Steve but this was our version of Hillary VS Don.

I haven't been following close because I'd never vote ndp. But unless Ashton is a pretty good alternative I'm not sure the comprison applies lol  

wab talking about women with his history is truly a slap in the face. Very sad. The pretentious party though. 

5 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

From last week but worth posting: http://globalnews.ca/news/3745273/12-wholesale-sports-stores-in-western-canada-closing-after-30-years/

Only one location in Winnipeg, but pretty much everything is on sale from 10-30% until the end of December.

Pfffft.  That's pretty standard for outdoors outfitters for this time of year, even if the doors aren't shutting!   Hard pass. 

On 9/16/2017 at 3:40 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

I would never vote ndp anyway but boy did they sell their soul today. 

Congrats Wab! 

I really liked the NDP MLA running in my area... he was young, smart, committed and very personal when I had a chance to meet him... that being said I didn't actually vote (I actually had a busy day and just forgot, haha!) ... but now, I couldn't possibly support this party no matter how much I like the local MLA... 

What a winner they voted leader...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/kinew-assault-ndp-1.4295906

So he lied about the assault charge.  Par for the course.  Also made racial insults towards a cab driver.  So he's a racist too.  Fortunately, his parents convinced a court to let get back on the "traditional" path. 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

What a winner they voted leader...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/kinew-assault-ndp-1.4295906

So he lied about the assault charge.  Par for the course.  Also made racial insults towards a cab driver.  So he's a racist too.  Fortunately, his parents convinced a court to let get back on the "traditional" path. 

It's amazing what people will tolerate from people in their party of choice if they think it will help them defeat their opponents. 

As much as you want to believe a person can genuinely change, it's pretty difficult in Wab's case to see past the opportunism that came from going from a mysoginistic and homophobic rapper/radio host, to a 'director' at a university and authoring a feel-good book, to running for office. 

I don't think his past should preclude him from future success, but if you want to be in the public spotlight, you'd better be honest about those skeletons in the closet.

Just now, nate007 said:

It's amazing what people will tolerate from people in their party of choice if they think it will help them defeat their opponents. 

As much as you want to believe a person can genuinely change, it's pretty difficult in Wab's case to see past the opportunism that came from going from a mysoginistic and homophobic rapper/radio host, to a 'director' at a university and authoring a feel-good book, to running for office. 

I don't think his past should preclude him from future success, but if you want to be in the public spotlight, you'd better be honest about those skeletons in the closet.

My thing on this is, he's still lying.  So the lie wasnt 10 years ago.  it was 10 hours ago.  He's shown to be a liar.  You look at the totality of his character and its not good.  With zero indication he's really changed aside from saying so.  And as you said, he has a lot of motivation to SAY he's changed.

He contacted the victim a few weeks ago.  Fontaine did so recently.  Sure, they wrap it up in "we want to help" but it could also be perceived as a different type of intimidation. 

Pallister having a home in Costa Rica was made into a scandal by the opposition but thy want you to believe there is nothing to see here? 

47 minutes ago, Brandon said:

So if Wab was a white dude and was with another party....did what he did in the past....... I wonder how much more uproar their would be?

If it came out that Pallister had the exact same history as Wab, the NDP would lead a fire & pitchfork mob all the way down to his front door in Costa Rica.  And they wouldnt stop until he resigned.  If this was anyone else, Wab would have to resign.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

He held her over the  edge of an 18th floor balcony. He stole $500 from her. Among the other allegations. She felt his call to warn her of the story a few weeks ago was an attempt to intimidate. 

It’s about time for Wab to resign. 

Gord's doing a good job of making both Wab and himself look like tools with this kind of 'reporting'...

35 minutes ago, nate007 said:

Gord's doing a good job of making both Wab and himself look like tools with this kind of 'reporting'...

How do you figure Gord looks bad?  What looks bad is how the mainstream media ignored it until the "citizen journalist" blog types pushed the issues.  Wab saying his victim is a liar makes it relevant.  Wab downplaying (or out and out lying) about the assault on a cabbie makes it relevant.  Wab's demands for other public servants to step down for personal issues makes his own relevant.