Random News Items

Rich

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Slow day in Cali i guess.

They've been investigating since, I believe 2011 when they re-opened it.  Wagner's story has changed several times over the years and Wood was deathly afraid of water making the claim she tried to swim or dingy back to shore unlikely,  The body had bruises consistent with an assault.  Wagner admits arguing with Christopher Walken and I think the implication is that Walken was Wood's friend...and perhaps lover.

I find stories like this very interesting. And have been in similar situations. 

The gist of the story is woman has $2000 in repairs done at Canadians tire including all new tires. Days later two tires are completely flat. She calls Canadian Tire who suggest she did something to the tires. 

Finally they agree to tow it in and look at it. Later that day the cops call the woman and tell her the car was stolen from Canadian tire. 

She wants a refund on the work Canadian tire did. 

On 2/3/2018 at 1:33 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

I find stories like this very interesting. And have been in similar situations. 

The gist of the story is woman has $2000 in repairs done at Canadians tire including all new tires. Days later two tires are completely flat. She calls Canadian Tire who suggest she did something to the tires. 

Finally they agree to tow it in and look at it. Later that day the cops call the woman and tell her the car was stolen from Canadian tire. 

She wants a refund on the work Canadian tire did. 

Based on their absolutely horrible customer service when it comes to routine things like product returns or going through a checkout line, there's no way I'd ever let CT touch my vehicle.

43 minutes ago, nate007 said:

Based on their absolutely horrible customer service when it comes to routine things like product returns or going through a checkout line, there's no way I'd ever let CT touch my vehicle.

I cant disagree.  I know this goes back a long time but as I recall, they had their approval to do Government Safeties suspended for awhile.  My parents had a friend who was a CT mechanic and he ended up leaving because of the pressure to "upsell".  When you're car is on a hoist and the mechanic tells you your breaks are in dire straights, most people will go ahead and do the work.

My personal story is we used to take tires to CT for patches.  One day, the guy did a super hard sell to sell me new tires.  I declined.  When I picked up the tire, it was flat.  When we examined it, we found the hole they had patched and a new hole...a clear knife/screw-driver slash into the sidewall.

In the story above, CT's defense will be they did the repairs and the theft had nothing to do with them and was insured.  But from a PR perspective wouldnt refunding her the $2000 have been worth avoiding the story?

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Hmmmm I for one would rather sign my ticket and take the chance that I might win half a billion dollars and bn outed than not sign it and potentially lose the damn ticket.

I imagine it sucks to win a lot of money and be all over the news.  But thats the deal when you buy a ticket.  The lottery should offer her a deal - decline the win and we wont publish your name.  See if she'd prefer that.

The US subsidiary of the Dutch bank Rabobank will have to pay $369 million (€301 million) to government authorities after it pled guilty to hiding information from investigators.

The bank was part of a money laundering scheme that hid drug money from Mexico.Between 2009 and 2012, Rabobank handled hundreds of millions of dollars from Mexican drug dealers.

http://www.dw.com/en/us-branch-of-dutch-rabobank-to-pay-big-for-drug-money-laundering/a-42494083

Edited by Mark F