Wrestling

Rich

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Jinder concussed Balor on RAW last week with a careless elbow to the back of the head.  Usually that gets you in trouble, not promoted.  Fortunately, Balor recovered in a week.  But thats one more concussion added to his list for future issue.

Oh damn I didn't watch any rassling last week, I missed it.

Not too surprised though, since Balor is so soft.

Just now, Atomic said:

OK not soft just always injured and utilizes a soft moveset.

How is he always injured?  He was hurt once in WWE by a move he had no control over.  I am not a fan of the double stomp but as far as soft moves go, I would not want to take it.  It would not be nearly soft enough for my liking.  Keep in mind also that Balor worked extensively in Japan in a stiffer style of wrestling and was never seriously hurt or injured for any substantial length of time.

The shoulder injury was a "wrestling injury" that happens.  I hate it but it doesnt sound like there is heat on Seth for the Buckle Bomb move.  Its a terrible move though and ended Sting's career.  I wouldnt attribute Balor's injury to being soft.  He's exceptionally fit and athletic and has not shown to be injury prone at all over his career.

I always found it fascinating when you see a guy who transforms so rapidly (either good or bad) from roid abuse. 

I remember when Ahmed Johnson was absolutely ripped and massive in WWE... and then the next year he resurfaces in WCW and had a massive gut and his arms were way less defined.

Same goes with the Warrior when he disappeared and came back to the WWF having to wear a body suit to cover his much smaller muscles.

30 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I always found it fascinating when you see a guy who transforms so rapidly (either good or bad) from roid abuse. 

I remember when Ahmed Johnson was absolutely ripped and massive in WWE... and then the next year he resurfaces in WCW and had a massive gut and his arms were way less defined.

Same goes with the Warrior when he disappeared and came back to the WWF having to wear a body suit to cover his much smaller muscles.

Ahmed Johnson!  Speaking of guys who injure people, lol.

The Pearl River Plunge!

44 minutes ago, Brandon said:

That outfit was goofy.  Warrior was still in tremendous shape.  There's the difference between someone who diets and trains like a beast and a guy who diets and trains like a beast AND does juice.

Hogan went from 300+ to 260 at best.  Even when he returned to WWE in 2002 he was in ridiculous shape.  hard to do at his age. 

Look at Hunter and the shape he's in at his age every year.  Hard to believe its just intense workouts.  Punk even called him on it when Vince told Punk he had to piss test and Punk demanded Hunter piss too.  He didnt.

Benoit.  Look at Eddie Guerrero from WCW to WWE where he grew a lot.  Intense pressure on those guys to add muscle to their smaller frames.  Rey Misterio etc.

I didn't watch raw this week. They really need to change their entire booking philosophy. 

from Observer: 

Raw last night fell to a near record low mark with 3.00 million viewers.

It would have been the lowest number since football season ended, and the fourth lowest number since 1997 for a show that didn't go head-to-head with football. The three shows that did worse were against a blockbuster NBA playoff game and the two weeks against the 2016 Olympics.

The audience dropped 10 percent from last week and last week had a stronger NBA game head-to-head.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

When you start the show off with three wrestlers for 25 mins trying to have competing television shows, I don't care who it is, that just sucks. Blah, blah, blah... it just went on forever. Click. Watched something else. Just garbage. Never bothered to turn back.

yup same,  once ambrose, jericho and miz did there thing i changed the channel and never went back

I think they accidentally got the Payback runsheet backwards.  Start with the last match and go the other way and end with Jericho/Owens and the show is probably better.

Nothing of note.  Nothing inspiring.  House of Horrors was shite.  Never been so happy to see Jinder show up.  Credit to Jinder for taking this ball that was so inexplicably handed to him and doing everything he can to score a touchdown.  Im thinking they pretty much have to give him the belt now.

Beating Bayley in San Jose.  Just,....thats Vince.

Strowman pretty much had to go over.  They sure are trying with Roman.  Using every trick in the book.  And he's still boo'ed out of the building.  Strowman vs Brock at the bizarrely named "Great Balls of Fire" PPV.  Guess Vince is a Jerry Lee Lewis fan