Wrestling

Rich

Doesnt sound like it if anyone watch the interview after raw on the network. 

The story is Jordan was adopted. Kurt is his bilogical dad. The mother wont be revealed because she is a private person. Jordan is 28.. Kurt is 48 going on 49... The ages do match up. 

I dont mind it. Its a tv show afterall... Noy sure why a guy like oh i dunno michael myers is believable but kurt fathering jordan isnt. Its the same thing really. Its just tv slash movies. 

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Doesnt sound like it if anyone watch the interview after raw on the network. 

The story is Jordan was adopted. Kurt is his bilogical dad. The mother wont be revealed because she is a private person. Jordan is 28.. Kurt is 48 going on 49... The ages do match up. 

I dont mind it. Its a tv show afterall... Noy sure why a guy like oh i dunno michael myers is believable but kurt fathering jordan isnt. Its the same thing really. Its just tv slash movies. 

after weeks of build up and lines such as "this could ruin my career" I don't feel the pay off was there. This is bad day time tv soap opera writing 

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

after weeks of build up and lines such as "this could ruin my career" I don't feel the pay off was there. This is bad day time tv soap opera writing 

you DO realize you are watching wrestling, right?

:P

Just now, SPuDS said:

you DO realize you are watching wrestling, right?

:P

I do,  I just don't care for this story,  it was misleading to start with statements like "this could ruin my career". I don't see the big pay off as I doubt we will ever see an Angle vs Jordan match, and even if we did, why would anyone really care? 

I realize the plan is to give Jordan a push, but I think had he stayed on SD and turned on Gable he could have attained the same lime light.  Obviously I don't think AA breaking up on Raw would work for a few reason, such as never being on the program and stories kind of in use by Enzo and Big Cass, but other than an eventual Jordan vs The Miz I don't see much place for him on Raw.  

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I do,  I just don't care for this story,  it was misleading to start with statements like "this could ruin my career". I don't see the big pay off as I doubt we will ever see an Angle vs Jordan match, and even if we did, why would anyone really care? 

I realize the plan is to give Jordan a push, but I think had he stayed on SD and turned on Gable he could have attained the same lime light.  Obviously I don't think AA breaking up on Raw would work for a few reason, such as never being on the program and stories kind of in use by Enzo and Big Cass, but other than an eventual Jordan vs The Miz I don't see much place for him on Raw.  

I only meant it as don't expect some kind of award winning scripts lol.   Its always been daytime soap opera plots and storylines to me.

*shrug*

It's kinda silly, kinda funny.  Not every star has to be brought up with the same tired storylines.

Honestly I'm not sure where this will lead though... I still think Gable was the star of American Alpha.  Jason Jordan?  He's ok... reminds me a bit of Apollo Crews/Mojo Rawley.  Not quite "there" yet.

interested I clicked on the link and there was a video about the top earners in WWE;

1. Brock Lesnar - $12m

2. John Cena - $8m

3.  HHH - $3.8m

4. Roman Reigns - $3.5m

5.  Dean Ambrose $2.7m

6. A.J. Styles $2.4m

7. Shane McMahon $2.2m

I'm a little surprised by the amounts but even more surprised by the order. I would think AJ Styles is would be above dean ambrose and roman reigns in popularity there for more $ in merch sold. And WWE must really bend over backwards for lesnar and his part time schedule to offer up that much

17 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It deserves to be shitted on. At least he's not Kane & Mae Young's lovechild.

Why? And it was mark henry and mae young who gave birth to a hand. This is what pro wrestling is... A tv show.. Similar to a soap opera. 

45 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That's not entertainment. It's embarrassing.

Thats your opinion. Record numbers of ppl tunes in to some of the most ridiculous stuff in the attitude era. 

Its a tv show. Its not supposed to be real life cuz wrestling on its own doesnt sell... Not to the masses. Otherwise ROH would be bigger. 

Mondays ratings were actually good and ratings mean very little to them these days. USA will renew regardless. Plus they have a WWE Network now. That and house show/live attendance revenue is more important. USA gonna pay them regardless. They legit have zero competition.. New Japan wont do it... GFW/TNA wont... While it annoys me that i feel it should be better and should have a better more adult like product... But... I dont work there.. Not my call... So.. I feel like... Whatever. Its not what id do... Id try to be the best show possible every time but.. Its not me in charge. If i dont wanna watch.. I dont. Its really a choice so i give up complaining about whats wrong and try to just treat it like another show... Its meh and thats why i dont watch as much as i did. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

WWE ratings are some of the lowest they've ever been. I know it's a tv show. But so many times some of the **** the WWE does on television just results in people clicking the channel selector. It's not entertaining or funny.

Which wrestling show has better ratings than WWE?

On 7/19/2017 at 11:30 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

In comparison to other years & on different networks.

You are correct.  Rating have hovered around historic lows for RAW and it is concerning.  WWE promised its investors a far larger revenue package from their cable partner than they got and if their contract was up today, they'd likely get less.

Saying that, however, many outside factors come into play.  The accuracy of Neilson ratings (and they are adjusting how they calculate actually) is one.  The "plus" numbers (the people who watch days later on PVR) which was heavily touted by Dixie Carter but isnt taken that seriously by cable companies because most people watching on delay are skipping the commercials (which is how they make their money).  And the perceived value of wrestling viewers.  For example, 3 million wrestling viewers is not as valuable as 3 million MMA viewers due to the perception of wrestling fans as lower class.

But even if ratings continue to decline, USA might offer WWE a raise.  Because RAW is still highly rated compared to most things on USA and cable, it raises the profile of USA.  So they might not generate advertising dollars but they earn the right to brag about their overall ranking and *that* helps sell sponsorship.  And it really comes down to the landscape of cable money. 

WWE thought they'd get a huge package last time out because of the skyrocketing fees paid to sports packages.  WWE suddenly started claiming it was PVR-proof like other sports after years of claiming to not be sport.  WWE was wrong.  But content is king and cable companies will want content.

UFC's deals expire first and they will tell a big tale about what WWE can expect.  WWE has been trying to make itself "cancellation proof" with the Network and in essence, they are very insulated from risk of going out of business under their current model.  The cable package more or less represents the gravy of their revenue.

One thing that irks me and clearly others is that while they want to be a "sport" when its time to negotiate a new cable package, their booking is so much the opposite of this.  They want to be PVR proof but their booking lends itself to PVR'ing because nothing ever happens and there is so much fluff to fast forward through. 

The point is this, though - ratings still tell the tale.  Ratings are at historic lows.  The trends of those ratings tell an even bigger tale, that fans are being siphoned off at a pretty alarming rate and are far more likely now to choose to watch something else more interesting.  During the Monday Night War, wrestling was dealing a huge blow to the NFL which is insane to imagine.  But now, football kicks WWE's ass.  RAW is now the "if nothing else is on Ill watch" show.

WWE currently has the best collection of talent perhaps in wrestling history (WCW notwithstanding) and is often times painfully boring. 

When the cable deal expires, will the chickens come home to roost?  Probably not.  But you can bet WWE is cognizant of the possibility.

Personally, I think WWE's end game is a sale to a large conglomerate like Disney that could leverage the obvious synergy or a large touring company such as the case was with UFC.  But the UFC deal has hurt UFC badly and they are going to be belt tightening for a long time to pay that debt.