Wrestling

Rich

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

They always sell out the seats they make available here. TV or PPV is coming. 

The rumor is next year.  But that's been the rumor since TV came here for a rare double shot sell out back in...2005? So one of these years the rumor will be true lol

I did not attend the house show but heard it was busy.  Was told it was decent (regular "easy" house show work).   Unique in that Brock did a houses how in Winnipeg of all places (but it's a fairly quick drive for him as he lives just over the SK border now).  Brock's last match until RR by some reports.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The rumor is next year.  But that's been the rumor since TV came here for a rare double shot sell out back in...2005? So one of these years the rumor will be true lol

I did not attend the house show but heard it was busy.  Was told it was decent (regular "easy" house show work).   Unique in that Brock did a houses how in Winnipeg of all places (but it's a fairly quick drive for him as he lives just over the SK border now).  Brock's last match until RR by some reports.

That's a long time for the champ to be absent.

36 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I was there with my kid. Lesnar's match was terrible imo, but nobody seemed to care b/c it was cool just to see him. I've been to the last three to come to Winnipeg, and I thought this was the worst one. You could hear somebody cough on the other side of the arena during the women's match.

I know quite a few people who went just for Brock.  I was actually surprised he sold for Sheamus, I was expecting a complete squash.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Hell in a Cell was great.  Loved the Sami Zayn swerve at the end.  Usos vs New Day was awesome.  I will definitely be tuning into Smackdown tonight.

Oh yeah....... The Shield is back!!!!

Gotta say, I wasn't a big fan of the shield the first time,  but this move is better for Reigns IMO.  Now they just need to reform the bullet club with Balor, Gallows and Anderson and they can set up a story between the 6 men cuz I'm pretty bored with the Wyatt/Balor story already - I think it's more Bray's same shtick every single feud is getting tiresome.

On a side note how many freakin times did Cole call the shield the hounds of justice last night.  what a stupid name and over kill of it to boot

8 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Bray Wyatt is stale. Do people really care anymore? Baron Corbin isn' t that good yet he wins the US Championship?  The WWE  wonders why ratings are down.  Does Shane McMahon have a death wish because one of these days we may be talking about that very thing?

Bray is transgendered now.  I guess.  lol

Shane has balls.  And is a heck of an athlete, especially at his age.  That was a LONG match and wrestling cardio is something else from regular treadmill cardio.  The stunts are well planned though.  Ofcourse, he has to hit his target or its a bad scenario.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

Neville walked on WWE right before RAW saying he quit.  I assume he's under contract so he can't just quit but he can go home and wait out his deal. 

He's a super, super talent.  Not sure why he's unhappy but might be related to having to stand aside for Enzo (who isnt very good in the ring) and Kalisto.

EDIT: Now conflicting reports over whether he asked for his release/quit or "nothing happened".  Something definitely happened as the Enzo match was abruptly changed right before RAW from beating Neville to losing to Kalisto.  Neville would have a lot of value on the indies and with every promotion that likes good workers (TNA, ROH, New Japan).  He was a Triple H guy (was put over for the NXT Championship early on).

11 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Neville walked on WWE right before RAW saying he quit.  I assume he's under contract so he can't just quit but he can go home and wait out his deal. 

He's a super, super talent.  Not sure why he's unhappy but might be related to having to stand aside for Enzo (who isnt very good in the ring) and Kalisto.

EDIT: Now conflicting reports over whether he asked for his release/quit or "nothing happened".  Something definitely happened as the Enzo match was abruptly changed right before RAW from beating Neville to losing to Kalisto.  Neville would have a lot of value on the indies and with every promotion that likes good workers (TNA, ROH, New Japan).  He was a Triple H guy (was put over for the NXT Championship early on).

Neville transformed himself from the "Man that gravity forgot" to a super heel great on the stick. He got the short end of the stick with Enzo coming in. Enzo is frigging useless. Can understand why Neville left. Sad to see him go. 

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Neville transformed himself from the "Man that gravity forgot" to a super heel great on the stick. He got the short end of the stick with Enzo coming in. Enzo is frigging useless. Can understand why Neville left. Sad to see him go. 

I have a hard time agreeing.  Just because a guy loses the title doesn't mean he's out of the picture.  Neville has dominated the cruiserweight scene for months.  So he has to take a step back for a bit... who cares?  He still gets paid... and he would be back on top in no time anyways.

This reminds me of Ryback quitting after a year when he won the IC Title and the US Title because he felt like he wasn't getting enough respect.  His career was at its highest point and he walked away because he thought he should be world champ.  Stupid.  It's a long career if you play it right, and there are ups and downs for everyone.

25 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I have a hard time agreeing.  Just because a guy loses the title doesn't mean he's out of the picture.  Neville has dominated the cruiserweight scene for months.  So he has to take a step back for a bit... who cares?  He still gets paid... and he would be back on top in no time anyways.

This reminds me of Ryback quitting after a year when he won the IC Title and the US Title because he felt like he wasn't getting enough respect.  His career was at its highest point and he walked away because he thought he should be world champ.  Stupid.  It's a long career if you play it right, and there are ups and downs for everyone.

Yeah, Neville has been around long enough that I find it difficult to believe he'd quit over doing a job.  Its possible he was promised something that was not delivered.  Who knows.  I'd suspect that, if he wants his release, the condition will be remaining silent on the matter.  So we might not ever find out the real reason.  Or he might cool off and be back next week.

10 hours ago, Atomic said:

Yeah but when you get bumped by a POS wrestler like Enzo, I can see why he was angry. Maybe he comes back. 

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Pro wrestling isnt an Olympic sport.  Enzo draws heat and ratings.  Which is good for everyone.

Not an Olympic sport but a wrestler still has to have in ring talent to have a career in the WWE for any length of time. The truth is Enzo was carried by Cass. As a singles wrestler he's crap. It'd be interesting to see where Enzo's merchandising will be in a couple of months after being on 205 Live. He's already lost the 205 title. If he was getting heat he'd have kept it longer than that. When he comes out & does his shtick, there's no pop like there used to be. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2017-10-13 at 3:37 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Not an Olympic sport but a wrestler still has to have in ring talent to have a career in the WWE for any length of time. The truth is Enzo was carried by Cass. As a singles wrestler he's crap. It'd be interesting to see where Enzo's merchandising will be in a couple of months after being on 205 Live. He's already lost the 205 title. If he was getting heat he'd have kept it longer than that. When he comes out & does his shtick, there's no pop like there used to be. 

Being on 205Live and main enentkng RAW multiple times. He lost the title because the original plan of beating Neville fell through so vince wanted to jazz up the segment. He’ll get it back. 

Ideally every top guy is great in the ring, great in the mic and has tons of charisma. But it’s probably more rare than likely. 

Hogan worked the easiest matches ever when he was the biggest star in the world. Conversely Flair did have all three when he was the #2 guy in the world. 

Enzo is nothing in the ring. I agree. But they’d be silly not to milk what he has for as long as they can. 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Being on 205Live and main enentkng RAW multiple times. He lost the title because the original plan of beating Neville fell through so vince wanted to jazz up the segment. He’ll get it back. 

Ideally every top guy is great in the ring, great in the mic and has tons of charisma. But it’s probably more rare than likely. 

Hogan worked the easiest matches ever when he was the biggest star in the world. Conversely Flair did have all three when he was the #2 guy in the world. 

Enzo is nothing in the ring. I agree. But they’d be silly not to milk what he has for as long as they can. 

For a week or 2 maybe. ;)

Lots of sudden "personal reasons" absences in WWE lately including Bray Wyatt, Bo Dallas, JoJo, Roman, Kevin owens.  Rumor has it viral meningitis is sweeping the roster.

So WWE has changed TLC this weekend to Fin vs AJ and, GET THIS, Kurt Angle replacing Roman Reigns.  WTF.

EDIT: Other sources are saying its an outbreak of the mumps.  Which is an underlying virus that can lead to meningitis.  Its suspicious because its hard to get meningitis.  My suspicion is mumps is going around at one of them advanced to meningitis.  Or something.  Regardless, we get Kurt Angle's return to yay for mumps.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Lots of sudden "personal reasons" absences in WWE lately including Bray Wyatt, Bo Dallas, JoJo, Roman, Kevin owens.  Rumor has it viral meningitis is sweeping the roster.

So WWE has changed TLC this weekend to Fin vs AJ and, GET THIS, Kurt Angle replacing Roman Reigns.  WTF.

EDIT: Other sources are saying its an outbreak of the mumps.  Which is an underlying virus that can lead to meningitis.  Its suspicious because its hard to get meningitis.  My suspicion is mumps is going around at one of them advanced to meningitis.  Or something.  Regardless, we get Kurt Angle's return to yay for mumps.

Meningitis is no joke!  That can be a very serious condition.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:53 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Viral Meningitis. And Owens left the WWE tour in Argentina to fly home suddenly.