Wrestling

Rich

On 23/01/2018 at 9:31 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

You have the roster that competes on Raw & Smackdown.  No brand extension. Then the roster not quite ready for prime time yet competing on a show like WWE All Stars or whatever that show used to be called. The ones on the bubble either drop down to NXT or the few that come up have to work hard to prove themselves. Not given prime time status like the women wrestlers have had with the NXT call ups... err... invaders. 

They cant just drop the 3rd hour.. USA wanted that 3rd hour and paid them for it. Word is Vince didn't want the 3rd hour but.. Couldn't turn down all those benjamins

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

Turns out she dropped the charges. Apparently shes a wrestler and word is their relationship is one with many ups and downs. 

She’s a wrestler yes. That’s what started the fight. He was critiquing her match. But there were eye witnesses in the police report. Wife wouldn’t cooperate so DA drops it. 

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I hear a new tv deal will mean just a 2 hour Raw which is a good thing. 

Well it’s just speculation based on fox possibly being interested in RAW and not having three hours available on Monday night. If WWE stays with USA it would almost assuredly remain the same. 

Keep in mind the Overun is not a USA thing so much as a WWE thing. They want to go over because it pads the rating and was meant to help them competitively when they went against nitro. So wwe could drop or scale back the over run if they really had an issue with how long the show is. 

They are all about content. So I don’t think Vince would ask for less content. I don’t think he sees 3 hour RAWs as a problem. He likes producing content and getting paid. But FOX would be a big rise in prestige and potential viewers. 

14 hours ago, Goalie said:

Takeover was lit. Holy ****. 

EC3 War Machine. Ricochet. Candice all make appearances. 

Gargano and Almas = MOTY.. Yup better than Jericho Omega. 

it was very good. Not sure if it was better than Kenny/Jericho. Star power would certainly be on the New Japan side. Very different matches though. But very good regardless.  WWE fans will always see that product as better though.

i saw lots of complaining about Gargano not winning and comparing him to Daniel Bryan.  Let’s not get carried away lol  

Edited by The Unknown Poster

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

it was very good. Not sure if it was better than Kenny/Jericho. Star power would certainly be on the New Japan side. Very different matches though. But very good regardless.  WWE fans will always see that product as better though.

i saw lots of complaining about Gargano not winning and comparing him to Daniel Bryan.  Let’s not get carried away lol  

You have an extreme bias. That match last night was way better than omega Jericho

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Personally I preferred Omega/Jericho simply because I was more invested in the match.  Gargano/Almas was phenomenal though so i dont want to take anything from it.

Yes that’s basically my view. As I said more Star power in the New Japan match and a better story.  Plus Kenny is the best in the world right now. 

But i agree. Gargano is incredibly talented. And Almas is good too. It was a very good match.  One doesn’t have to suck for the other to be great. 

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

One thing to note if you’re watching the rumble. 

Roode’s surprise opponent was said to be a big surprise. It wasn’t but the word is the big surprise was moved to the rumble. I’m not sure who they would be as I’m not sure of any potential big surprise options. Maybe Lashley?

Guess not but Rousey showed up. Maybe Mysterio? That was a surprise

Edited by Goalie

Yeah I was underwhelmed. Definitely not a great PPV. 

Mens rumble was entertaining though.  Didn’t even think about Rey since he was negotiation with TNA but that’s probably why we should have thought of him. There was talk of an undertaker angle so maybe tomorrow

And Ziggler returns like that? Weird.  Did they expect a heroes welcome? Lol

AJ vs Owens & Sami was good. 

Brock match was a place holder and came across that way. 

Womens rumble ended up good because of all the bands from the past. It’s hard for them to do various eliminations because of height. 

I enjoyed the women’s rumble more due to the names from the past. 

Crowd was buzzing thinking Ronda was coming in. Only Trish could have got cheered in that spot. 

I get why they did the Ronda angle but it was lame to watch.  Her pop wasn’t as big as it should have been had she been #30.  

The pointing at the sign is really stupid.  But that was all about the photo op. For WWE business it’s good. For fans watching it was lame as hell. 

Steph acting tough towards her was silly.   Ronda couldn’t hide her joy at being there. 

The announcement  is she’s signed a full time contract.  Maybe a Brock type deal. 

Not sure if any women will be signed. But McCool talked about one last run. Beth looked awesome too (but I believe she has two kids at home but maybe edge can stay home with them for awhile). 

4+ hours is too long. 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Woman's Royal Rumble. I thought of all the wrestlers in that match... Michelle McCool was the most impressive. She should get back into the ring. Lana should just be  Rusev's valet. Wait, with Aiden English singing about Rusev Day she can't even do that. 

Of the old names you mean?   Cause she was far from the best of all the women. But for the past names I could see her sticking around.  

Trish, Beth and Molly all looked good too. Kelly Kelly “looked” amazing but worked about as well as she did before which wasn’t that great. But she looks like she hasn’t aged a day. 

They should introduce a women’s tag title. 

Some notes:

- Coach re-signed and will be on RAW tonight (probably taking Booker's spot on commentary)

-  WWE's plan was Rock & Ronda vs Steph & Hunter and they wanted it a couple of years ago but after Rock got hurt working Cena, studios wont insure him.  Maybe they have rectified that, who knows.  Not sure what the back up would be.  I'd say Angle because its marketable and he's a good interview.  But on paper, Stroman fits.  Ronda was in Columbia but flew back on a chartered Jet on Saturday and made sure no one knew.

- The leather jacket Ronda wore was Roddy Piper's and was given to her by his son

- Braun accidentally stiffed Brock in the head with a knee shot (more of his thigh) and Brock replied by punching Braun in the side of the head hard and yelled "settle the **** down" (this was momentarily blanked out audio).  There's a gif of the shots going around and they are both stiff, especially Brock's.

- Unconfirmed Rumor that WWE offered Daniel Bryan a lucrative knew contract (his deal expires in September) that included an allowance to wrestle one match, at this year's WM where he'd team with Shane to work Owens and Sami.  The gist of it is, Bryan would mostly stand on the apron and simply hit the finish.  Bryan declined.  Sounds like a fishy story to me.

- Rey was a one and done deal.  He has a lot of work on his schedule but contractually, probably could sign with WWE.  So you never know.  He was HUGE for moving Latino ratings and they could certainly use all the help they can get.

- Speaking of TV, the real benefit to Ronda being there and the reason everyone involved calls it a "Full time contract" and "My first priority for the next few years" is all about the TV rights fees coming due.  Having Ronda makes WWE a hotter commodity. 

- Both Rumble matches won by Japanese wrestlers?  In WWE.  Crazy.