Wrestling

Rich

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I don't remember much of his actual in ring matches, but I do remember as a kid the green tongue and chomping into the turnbuckle which totally sold me on "the animal" part of his gimmick. 

That's because he was in his late 40's and had been wrestling for nearly 20 years by the time the mid 80's rolled around.  I don't know that anyone would have ever had him as a top in-ring guy even in his younger days (although he did work well with Sammartino apparently) but his gimmick was perfect for the Rock N Wrestling era.

1 minute ago, bb.king said:

Wasn't his original gimmick as an intelligent, arrogant heel? Since he was actually intelligent in real life, as evidenced by TUP's tweet on him with a master's degree. I recall seeing some old footage of him like that. Then he changed to "the animal" gimmick.

He was a big name heel working Bruno, Pedro and Backlund before the comedy gimmick.

Also, Steele notably made it to the silver screen in 1994, playing Tor Johnson in Tim Burton's Ed Wood.

3 minutes ago, bb.king said:

Wasn't his original gimmick as an intelligent, arrogant heel? Since he was actually intelligent in real life, as evidenced by TUP's tweet on him with a master's degree. I recall seeing some old footage of him like that. Then he changed to "the animal" gimmick.

He started out as a wildman with crazy strength, then went to the smart heel and then back to wildman gimmick for the rest of his career.

Missed RAW but I've been high on Strowman ever since they re-branded him and separated him from the Wyatt family.  He'll be universal champ soon enough.  The entire storyline is being built around him right now.  The title will change hands like this over 2017: Owens > Goldberg > Lesnar > Strowman.

11 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Missed RAW but I've been high on Strowman ever since they re-branded him and separated him from the Wyatt family.  He'll be universal champ soon enough.  The entire storyline is being built around him right now.  The title will change hands like this over 2017: Owens > Goldberg > Lesnar > Strowman.

i can buy into that (title changes)  so when do you figure strowman gets it,  survivor series or royal rumble next year?

Just now, Taynted_Fayth said:

i can buy into that (title changes)  so when do you figure strowman gets it,  survivor series or royal rumble next year?

Yeah that's a good question.  I think they are going to build Lesnar back up to an unstoppable monster first and that will take some time....  Survivor Series is a good guess.  I think they'll want to have it on Strowman before Royal Rumble so that option makes the most sense.

28 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Yeah that's a good question.  I think they are going to build Lesnar back up to an unstoppable monster first and that will take some time....  Survivor Series is a good guess.  I think they'll want to have it on Strowman before Royal Rumble so that option makes the most sense.

I was just taking a look at PPV's and seems money in the bank comes after WM (with extreme rules inbetween) battle ground then summer slam.

I guess i missed out on a few big PPVs for them.  Knowing that now, I would say Goldberg wins at fast lane, faces and loses to lesnar at WM,  strowman wins MITB and cashes in at summer slam, but because it won't be Lesnar vs Strowman at summer slam,  it paves the way for a few months of feuding.

The biggest issue I see is all the lesser PPVs in between - like after Summer Slam there's backlash, clash of champions, no mercy, Hell in a cell then finally Survivor Series.  of those I'd actually like to see Lesnar and Strowman in HIAC

So after RAW went off the air, The Rock was out with "AJ LEE AND PAIGE" (2 actresses playing them in the movie they are making "fighting with my family")

So they do what they do and then Rock decides to call CM PUNK... left a  voicemail for Punk who was out walking his dog at the time, Punk made mention of this in a tweet earlier today, the whole arena chanted 'CM PUNK' 'CM PUNK'. Vince wasn't very happy with this and sent out a ref to tell ROCK to stop but Rock can well, not even pretty much, HE CAN do whatever he wants. 

16 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Hardys possibly returning to WWE 

Been a story for a little while. WWE not allowed to talk to them officially but unofficially have. I believe matt's contract expires this week. And jeff's in march. 

They are not taking booking beyond end of April which is usually a WWE thing. Gives time to pass physicals etc. 

But TNA takings are this week and they want the Hardy's. But they want talent under exclusive deals and Hardy's make too much money for that. 

Tough decision for them. If WWE really wants them, they will get them. Depends how much they want them. 

Matt Hardy's wife:

Some sheets are reporting that the Hardy's are gone from TNA. 

Drew Galloway announced he was leaving TNA.  Apparently he was leaning that way already but was turned off by TNA not bothering to commence contract renewal talks until last week.  So one can assume the Hardy's havent had much contract talk either.  TNA waiting til the last minute.  In their defence, they are under new management and Jeff Jarrett just officially took over.  But still, three of your four biggest talents (along with Bobby Lashley) and you wait til the last second?

EDIT: so the story going around is the Hardy's agreed to terms for a one year contract in December and TNA was supposed to write up the contract and send it to them.  Matt kept checking in but nothing was ever done.  So Matt then asked for Creative Control clause to be added which TNA immediately shot down.  Hardy's lawyer informed TNA that other companies were interested and TNA replied "tell them to go to WWE then".

That apparently pissed off Jeff who said he wasnt going to go back.  Matt kept trying to smooth it over and finally received the contract but it was for two years and contained other items they had not agreed on, such as TNA getting 10% of their outside earnings.

Matt offered to be there for the tapings this week to be written out and TNA told him they would not put him on TV without a contract.

TNA is now trying to get their tag team belts back.

Edited by The Unknown Poster